Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
Page 47 of 57 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47 48 49 ... LastLast
Results 921 to 940 of 1135
  1. #921
    Issac
    Guest

    Quote Originally Posted by Zumi View Post
    For everyone that was like "SE BSed us about PS2 limitations they can add as much inventory as they want and make us pay for it." I am pretty sure that SE will do the satchel like this. They will add it under the view house menu. I photoshoped this pic to what SE will probably do. Its still only 160 items in memory like they always claimed. Its not like we get access to 160 items at anytime.
    This is how I imagine it as well.

  2. #922
    Pandemonium
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,875
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Quote Originally Posted by evilpaul View Post
    Unless you've got SE's PNLs you're talking out your ass.
    If you think that's required for something like this, then you're simply being ridiculous. Do you have to be a meteorologist to say it's raining outside when it's pouring down and you're soaking freakin' wet? No, because you know what rain is, you know it's raining, and you understand why (hopefully). This is something that's painfully obvious. I've cited all of the perfectly valid reasons. Shouldn't have to go through them again, but hey, what the heck! In fact, let's get even more in-depth about it.

    Initially, they have to research the available technologies and decide which one they're going to rely on. Following that, they need to take a look at their userbase and determine what amount they'd like to order. Before they do so, they need to start implementing and testing the technology. Thus, we already have executives, assistants, and programmers getting involved.

    To elaborate on what the coders must do, this code is old. They've worked with a lot, but introducing new technology to old code is always complicated. You must be thorough when it comes to inserting everything you need, which tends to require multiple builds, reversing modifications, rewrites, and so on, so forth.

    Beyond the programmers, we have the people who test everything out on yet another level: quality assurance. Although that likely isn't the specific department Square-Enix's FFXI team relies upon, they nonetheless do require testers, since coders don't have time nor the way of thinking required for efficient testing. (And before anyone takes this point off topic, it's already been stated that FFXI is one of the least buggy MMOs out there. It is. Get over yourself if you still insist it isn't.)

    So, we already have several different departments, their people, all their salaries/hourly wages, and so on, so forth. Time to get marketing involved. The deal goes through. Time to pay for all the units. Hundreds of thousands of dollars. If you don't believe that, try actually working in a game corporation sometime.

    This shit is $10. Ten dollars. If you think they're robbing people at that price you're fucking insane.

    Besides, look a few posts up. There's a dollar amount for you.

  3. #923
    Bring on the Revolution
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    21,061
    BG Level
    10

    30 pages of crying. Good job everyone

  4. #924
    Pandemonium
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,875
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Quote Originally Posted by Rhinox View Post
    30 pages of crying. Good job everyone
    It's already been proven countless times before, but this is more evidence than ever that people will complain about anything -- usually without even knowing what they're talking about.

  5. #925
    Witty Custom Title
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    2,849
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Eticket Pogona
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    Quote Originally Posted by Rhinox View Post
    30 pages of crying. Good job everyone
    I'm going to read this thread anytime I need a quick pick me up. It's pretty amazing.

  6. #926
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    6,859
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Kohan View Post
    It's already been proven countless times before, but this is more evidence than ever that people will complain about anything -- usually without even knowing what they're talking about.
    Ya the people complaining here are all people that just dont know what they are talking about and are just ungrateful for all the SE has done for us.

    Anyways, I promised the mods I would be nice, so Ill refrain from further derailments.

    However on a less abrasive note, here is my letter to SE:
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    To whom it may concern:

    I am writing to demonstrate my protest to having the new inventory expansion "mog snatchel" attatched to the new security token. I have played FFXI for several years now with my wife and have enjoyed the game and appreciate the continued effort that your company puts into continously evolving the game play and ensuring the players are taken care of. However, while I do appreciate the push for players to have better account security, I cannot express my distaste for having this extra security feature thrust upon us via a packaged deal with the inventory expansion. Players have been requesting inventory fixes for years now, and I would say this is the single most desired update in the game. To take such a profound and needed change and attatch it to a security feature that many players simply do not want to use is a very large oversight on the needs and wants of the playerbase. That combined with the notion of charging players for content updates that we were originally recieving via the cost of our monthly subscription fee is a bit insulting and devalues the money we spend every month to continue playing. I dont mind paying for the security token, and probably would have purchased one if you had not attatched the in game expansion feature. I appreciate your marketing decision to influence players to secure their accounts, and I appreciate your contiuned efforts to solve our problematic inventory problems, but I request that you re-examine the practice of selling in game performance updates for cash in the future, even if linked to tangable real world objects.

    Sincerly, Neosutra. Phoenix Server.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Yes I know it wont change anything.
    Yes I know I can just "not buy" the token.
    No I wont be buying the token.

  7. #927
    Pandemonium
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,875
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Quote Originally Posted by Neosutra View Post
    Ya the people complaining here are all people that just dont know what they are talking about and are just ungrateful for all the SE has done for us.
    For someone who's had a good ol' time complaining about others being simply incapable of reading and understanding their opponents in an argument, you just did an absolutely fantastic job of not only missing everything I've said, but the fact that it successfully shoots down all the garbage about this being a rip-off.

    Good work.

  8. #928
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    6,859
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Kohan View Post
    For someone who's had a good ol' time complaining about others being simply incapable of reading and understanding their opponents in an argument, you just did an absolutely fantastic job of not only missing everything I've said, but the fact that it successfully shoots down all the garbage about this being a rip-off.

    Good work.
    Ive had a bit to drink (long day), explain? I may have legitimately missed your point.

  9. #929
    Campaign
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    6,631
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

    Kohan is an idiot, I wouldn't recommend arguing with it.

  10. #930
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,811
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

    Quote Originally Posted by Kohan View Post
    It's already been proven countless times before, but this is more evidence than ever that people will complain about anything -- usually without even knowing what they're talking about.
    And some people will blindly defend stupidity no matter how glaring.

    Security Tokens and Mog Satchels are completely unfuckingrelated. The only people who need Security Tokens are people playing on PC that are retarded. People playing on PS2/PS3/Xbox have no use for one. People who have 8th grade level intelligence on PC don't need one.

    It makes no sense to stick the two fucking things together. They could have announced $30 Nomad Moogle plush dolls that come with a code for Mog Satchels and pissed a lot fewer people off probably.

  11. #931
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    2,751
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Trollbane

    Quote Originally Posted by Neosutra View Post
    Ya the people complaining here are all people that just dont know what they are talking about and are just ungrateful for all the SE has done for us.

    Anyways, I promised the mods I would be nice, so Ill refrain from further derailments.

    However on a less abrasive note, here is my letter to SE:
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    To whom it may concern:

    I am writing to demonstrate my protest to having the new inventory expansion "mog snatchel" attatched to the new security token. I have played FFXI for several years now with my wife and have enjoyed the game and appreciate the continued effort that your company puts into continously evolving the game play and ensuring the players are taken care of. However, while I do appreciate the push for players to have better account security, I cannot express my distaste for having this extra security feature thrust upon us via a packaged deal with the inventory expansion. Players have been requesting inventory fixes for years now, and I would say this is the single most desired update in the game. To take such a profound and needed change and attatch it to a security feature that many players simply do not want to use is a very large oversight on the needs and wants of the playerbase. That combined with the notion of charging players for content updates that we were originally recieving via the cost of our monthly subscription fee is a bit insulting and devalues the money we spend every month to continue playing. I dont mind paying for the security token, and probably would have purchased one if you had not attatched the in game expansion feature. I appreciate your marketing decision to influence players to secure their accounts, and I appreciate your contiuned efforts to solve our problematic inventory problems, but I request that you re-examine the practice of selling in game performance updates for cash in the future, even if linked to tangable real world objects.

    Sincerly, Neosutra. Phoenix Server.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Yes I know it wont change anything.
    Yes I know I can just "not buy" the token.
    No I wont be buying the token.
    you really do go out of your way to bitch about things lol

  12. #932
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,342
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Reapz Sjc
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Seriously lol at everyone QQing over $10, what the fuck is wrong with you? Getting higher security for your account for a game you have been playing 5 years or so with a free ingame item of 80 inventory has created 30+ pages of people bitching and crying, awesome.

  13. #933
    Spiders are Awesome
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    7,073
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by evilpaul View Post
    And some people will blindly defend stupidity no matter how glaring.

    Security Tokens and Mog Satchels are completely unfuckingrelated. The only people who need Security Tokens are people playing on PC that are retarded. People playing on PS2/PS3/Xbox have no use for one. People who have 8th grade level intelligence on PC don't need one.

    It makes no sense to stick the two fucking things together. They could have announced $30 Nomad Moogle plush dolls that come with a code for Mog Satchels and pissed a lot fewer people off probably.
    ^ This. Fuck, I'd rather pay $30 for just the satchel than pay $10 for the token+satchel. I don't want the fucking token, even for free. Quit pretending everyone is only concerned about the money.

  14. #934
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    2,751
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Trollbane

    you probably wont HAVE to set up the token thing if you dont want to lol

  15. #935
    WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    9,065
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

    I can understand people being upset that you have to pay to actually get the inventory and you expect to get it for free. However, other MMO have been doing this for ages and FFXI is just jumping on the bandwagon. You should consider yourselves lucky you haven't had to pay for shit until now.

  16. #936
    Spiders are Awesome
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    7,073
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Colenzo View Post
    you probably wont HAVE to set up the token thing if you dont want to lol
    The way it's worded, it looks like you'll need a token active on your "SE account" to access the satchel, but we'll see next week. Of course I'll buy one if I can just redeem the satchel and toss the token in my "random electronic shit" box.

    Tried POL live chat and they didn't know the answer, either.

  17. #937
    Puppetmaster
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    62
    BG Level
    2
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Can i buy it but not have to keep inserting a new password everytime i log in? i just want the inventory slots ; ;

  18. #938
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    2,751
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Trollbane

    who knows we will see lol

  19. #939
    Campaign
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    6,631
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

    Quote Originally Posted by EndgameDrama View Post
    Can i buy it but not have to keep inserting a new password everytime i log in? i just want the inventory slots ; ;
    Nah, gotta keep the thing active to get access to the item bag.

  20. #940
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    2,751
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Trollbane

    its not even out yet wtf stop time traveling

Page 47 of 57 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47 48 49 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Average Life Cycle of a Square Enix Security Token
    By LinktheDeme in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 2020-04-28, 20:46
  2. Square Enix Security Token Problem ><
    By Martys in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 2009-10-21, 14:12
  3. Replies: 884
    Last Post: 2009-06-15, 14:49
  4. Square Enix Security Token
    By fobber in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 2009-04-08, 23:11
  5. Square Enix Security Token Fair or Not
    By dejet in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 2009-03-31, 12:49
  6. Replies: 453
    Last Post: 2009-03-23, 15:12
  7. Win a Square Enix Security Token
    By Pikko in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 2009-03-19, 13:42
  8. Introducing the Square Enix Security Token
    By fusionx in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 266
    Last Post: 2009-03-18, 14:36