• Navigation
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 96
  1. #61
    Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    30,320
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    Is Blalock hurt? If not, I'd start him at 1st. He's sort of injury prone though, so keep Giambi around.

  2. #62
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,147
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Andarvi View Post
    I def have stronger hitting than pitching, a guy wants Beltran for Dice-K. Should i do it?
    Might be too late, but holy shit I hope you didn't go through with this. Even before DiceK's implosion this would have been an awful trade.

    Hanley hasn't stolen a bag yet, I'm pissed.

  3. #63
    Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    30,320
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    HanRam was off to a slow start last year as well. Don't sweat it. Briant Roberts has 1 steal, and will end up with 40+ again anyway.

  4. #64
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    332
    BG Level
    4

    So I drafted David Price figuring I'd stash him on the bench for a while, and maybe get some help down the road (i'm in a deep 12 team mixed league), but I'm tempted to drop him to utilize a spot starter, or pick up a hot hand - like Jarrod Washburn currently, or a solid set-up man with the potential to become a closer.

    I think the last time I read something about Price was a June arrival- which I would probably keep him for, but if its going to be later, I think I'm better off getting production now.

    EDIT: Here's my current staff, I'm currently in first with 90 points in a traditional 5x5:
    IP W SV K ERA WHIP
    Francisco Liriano (Min - SP) 11.2 0 0 6 6.94 1.20
    Yovani Gallardo (Mil - SP) 11.2 1 0 9 6.94 1.29
    Zack Greinke (KC - SP) 11.0 2 0 16 0.00 1.27
    Clayton Kershaw (LAD - SP) 12 0 0 19 1.50 0.67
    Wandy Rodriguez (Hou - SP) 12.0 0 0 8 3.00 1.25
    Kyle Davies (KC - SP) 12.2 1 0 13 2.13 1.03
    Zach Duke (Pit - SP) 15.1 2 0 9 0.59 0.85
    Heath Bell (SD - RP) 3.2 0 4 4 0.00 0.82
    Brian Wilson (SF - RP) 1.2 0 0 2 0.00 0.60
    Carlos Marmol (ChC - RP) 4.2 0 1 4 0.00 0.86
    David Price (TB - SP) NA

  5. #65
    I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    58,864
    BG Level
    10

    Ok help me out. I have the #1 waiver claim. I also have one jackass friend in my league who cuts players immediately at the first sign of trouble, so he just cut the following:

    Justin Verlander
    Edinson Volquez
    Chris Duncan
    Fernando Rodney

    He also expressed frustration that there is a "can't cut list", presumably preventing him from cutting Josh Hamilton, Carlos Lee or Jose Reyes.

    Do I use a waiver claim on one of these historically good but struggling pitchers, or do I wait and hope one of his 3 sluggers falls off the "can't cut list" and he cuts them?

    Decisions decisions. Verlander fucking schooled the Yankees today to the tune of 7IP 0ER 7H 9Ks, so maybe he's fine and I should nab him. Although the prospect of picking up Reyes later on is tantalizing...that is if he ever falls off the "can't cut list".

    Hmmm...Halp!

  6. #66
    Death by snoo snoo
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    22,117
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

    VOLLLLQUEZZZ

    Actually grab Cueto if he's available. Last two games have been ace.

  7. #67
    I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    58,864
    BG Level
    10

    Good call, cut worthless Francisco Liriano and picked up Cueto. But the question still remains, should I use a waiver claim on Verlander or Volquez?

    My SPs are:
    Jered Weaver
    Jake Peavy
    Matt Cain
    Brett Myers
    Jon Lester
    Johnny Cueto

  8. #68
    Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    30,320
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    Wait. What? Cut Liriano? Give him a start or two. He's a notorious slow starter.

    Either way, Verlander had an ace start tonight. Go with him. I'm worried about Volquez. His control scares me. Brett Myers is trash however. He's good one start, then complete shit the next.

  9. #69
    Pandemonium
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    7,839
    BG Level
    8
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

    Cantu has been a beast for my fantasy team even though he's missed a few starts. 3 HRs in the last 2 games, his latest coming off Santana in the first inning. Guy is on fire.

  10. #70
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,664
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Despite having a pitching staff featuring Roy Oswalt, Jake Peavy, Brandon Webb, John Lackey, Jose Valverde, and Brian Fuentes I'm dead last in almost all pitching categories.

    I hate fantasy baseball

  11. #71
    Death by snoo snoo
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    22,117
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

    Quote Originally Posted by archibaldcrane View Post
    Ok help me out. I have the #1 waiver claim. I also have one jackass friend in my league who cuts players immediately at the first sign of trouble, so he just cut the following:

    Justin Verlander
    Edinson Volquez
    Chris Duncan
    Fernando Rodney

    He also expressed frustration that there is a "can't cut list", presumably preventing him from cutting Josh Hamilton, Carlos Lee or Jose Reyes.

    Do I use a waiver claim on one of these historically good but struggling pitchers, or do I wait and hope one of his 3 sluggers falls off the "can't cut list" and he cuts them?

    Decisions decisions. Verlander fucking schooled the Yankees today to the tune of 7IP 0ER 7H 9Ks, so maybe he's fine and I should nab him. Although the prospect of picking up Reyes later on is tantalizing...that is if he ever falls off the "can't cut list".

    Hmmm...Halp!
    Should've grabbed Volquez

  12. #72
    I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    58,864
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Headspace View Post
    Should've grabbed Volquez
    I actually ended up with Verlander and Volquez, but prematurely cut Liriano in the fray. Oh well.

  13. #73
    THIS IS BREGOR'S STORY
    Beard +1

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    23,089
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Okay, so I just bought really low on Ricky Nolasco in a trade, has anyone seen him pitch? Is he hurt/laboring/really unlucky? I liked the deal at the time, but his numbers are so bad...

  14. #74
    Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    30,320
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    None of the Marlins pitchers outside of Josh Johnson have pitched worth a fuck as of late, and even Josh Johnson is hurt with shoulder problems I believe.

  15. #75
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,664
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Picked up Juan Pierre today, guy is ripping it up lately

  16. #76
    Death by snoo snoo
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    22,117
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

    Quote Originally Posted by volcanicweather View Post
    Picked up Juan Pierre today, guy is ripping it up lately
    Who do you play with that you were able to pick him up today?

  17. #77
    Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    30,320
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    Haha. I picked himi up when he was 0.9% owned as soon as it was leaked out early that Manny was on the juice. I've enjoyed his hot streak as of late.

  18. #78
    Saint Daahan Von Quitter the 1st
    Patron of Yin

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    4,564
    BG Level
    7

    Juan Pierre really isn't owned that much anymore. He's not going to be big on RBIs and he's only going to hit 1-2 HRs lol. People keep him around for the SBs, BA, and runs I guess but I wouldn't consider him a hot commodity.

    I picked him up because my team's strength revolves around pitching.

    My SPs:

    Roy Halladay
    Dan Haren
    Cole Hamels
    Chad Billingsley
    Edwin Jackson
    Randy Wolf
    Matt Palmer

    with Ricky Romero and Justin Duscherer on the DL.

    It's a solidddddddddddddddddddddddddddd line-up imo.

  19. #79
    Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    30,320
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    Quote Originally Posted by Daahan View Post
    Juan Pierre really isn't owned that much anymore. He's not going to be big on RBIs and he's only going to hit 1-2 HRs lol. People keep him around for the SBs, BA, and runs I guess but I wouldn't consider him a hot commodity.

    I picked him up because my team's strength revolves around pitching.

    My SPs:

    Roy Halladay
    Dan Haren
    Cole Hamels
    Chad Billingsley
    Edwin Jackson
    Randy Wolf
    Matt Palmer

    with Ricky Romero and Justin Duscherer on the DL.

    It's a solidddddddddddddddddddddddddddd line-up imo.
    When you're in a 12-14 person league, everyday outfield starters that aren't situational are hard to find, and it's save to say that Pierre is in a safe spot out in the OF until Manny gets back.

    My infield is pretty much made of 'holy crap' power right now.
    1B: Miguel Cabrera
    2B: Ian Kinsler
    3B: Chris Davis
    SS: Christian Guzman/Elvis Andrus (Guzman's been so fucking hot lately)
    2B/SS: Brian Roberts
    1B/3B: Adrian Gonzalez

    So yeah.. not only that, but I've got Ethier (who was doing so well with Manny in the lineup ;; ), Rauuuuuul Ibanez, and Torii Hunter in the OF along with Jack Cust, Pat Burrell (huge disappointment), and Juan Pierre. There's 5 OF spots, so depth is an issue. I also have an underrated Melvin Mora on the bench, so eh.

    Pitching wise, honestly.. mine's not bad. No where near as good as your's. That's for sure.

    Billingsley
    Josh Johnson
    Kazmir (boo)
    Joe Saunders
    Scott Baker
    Zambrano (DL)

    Closers:
    Heath Bell
    Frank Francisco (DL)
    CJ Wilson (Francisco's fill in)
    Kevin Gregg (hate this bastard, but saves are saves)
    Scott Downs

    So yeah. I started the season with two closers (Francisco/Mike Gonzalez) and have ended up with four. Not to mention three semi-important guys for my team on the DL, and yeah, I'm in first at the moment.

  20. #80
    Saint Daahan Von Quitter the 1st
    Patron of Yin

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    4,564
    BG Level
    7

    I give up Utley for any of the following two SPs...

    Wainwright
    Josh Johnson
    Wandy Rodriguez

    Should I do it!?!?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1471
    Last Post: 2010-01-05, 11:16
  2. Replies: 744
    Last Post: 2008-11-25, 13:38
  3. Fantasy Baseball
    By pohibaba in forum Sports
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 2008-03-30, 14:52
  4. BG College Football Pick Em
    By Byrd in forum Sports
    Replies: 859
    Last Post: 2007-12-05, 08:28
  5. BG NCAA Men's Tournament Pick Em
    By Byrd in forum Sports
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 2007-04-02, 13:28