Page 40 of 91 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 90 ... LastLast
Results 781 to 800 of 1806
  1. #781
    BG Content
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    15,635
    BG Level
    9
    Blog Entries
    101

    Kimblee's transmutation circles on each hand are incomplete. When he claps, he overlays them and completes the design. I think it has to do with the symbols that comprise both, but I'd have to look and see exactly what's on them.

  2. #782
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5,772
    BG Level
    8

    Spoiler: show
    Kimbley's tattoo is a triangle with moon inside on one hand, and an upside down triangle with star on the other.

    By putting his hand together, he creates the star of david with moon and star in the middle, which is his transmutation circle. Alchemist without door of truth experience requires transmutation circle to initiate their transmutation, Mustang's is on his glove (and carved on the back of his hand on Lust's fight) and Armstrong's is on his gauntlet.

    This would be explained when Ed fights Kimbley, though it didn't really matter since he has philosopher stone anyway.


    Edit: beaten lol

  3. #783
    BG Content
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    15,635
    BG Level
    9
    Blog Entries
    101

    Quote Originally Posted by Eaglestrike View Post
    So about the anime (since I don't read the manga). Ed believes the homunculus cannot be killed, but Lust was killed by Mustang. Doesn't Ed know about that? I mean, Al watched it happen. So why is Ed proclaiming that Sloth cannot be killed when he knows they can be? Or does he mean they "can't be killed" just because they're remade so easily? From what I understand there is a breaking point to their stones regenerative powers...
    I think that was just a bad use of words there.. Fairly sure Ed knows that the Homunculus can be killed if their philosopher stones run out of juice, but it's easier for him to say "You can't kill it" than "You're going to have to kill it over and over again if you want to kill it."

    Also.. (Fairly sure this isn't a spoiler after the last episode, but spoilered to be safe -- In the manga I think they gave more explanation during this part, but someone else who has kept up with the manga can comment to be sure.)
    Spoiler: show
    As evidenced by their answers to General Armstrong, Ed and Al are trying to reveal as little as possible. Since Winry's their hostage, they can't tell anyone what they know since they don't know who to trust anymore in the military and since they don't know what anyone else will do. If they told her and she went to Central and confronted the Fuhrer or something, they'd suffer from the repercussion.

  4. #784
    CoP Dynamis
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    281
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

    It's most likely a translation thing.

    http://i47.tinypic.com/11goi1g.jpg

  5. #785
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    860
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Azgalor

    As for a non-manga reader, I found this weeks episode very interesting. I have a feeling something big is about to happen. And I would totally bang Armstrong's sister if I didnt think my dick would become frostbitten.

  6. #786
    alsohawks

    ALL YOU YOUNG HACKEY
    PLAYERS OUT THERE

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    5,960
    BG Level
    8

    I'm loving the Briggs storyline. Major Miles and Better Armstrong so far seem to be really interesting characters.

  7. #787
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    17,471
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

    It was probably my least favorite arc in the manga...it felt...I don't know..unimportant. It was still great compared to most mangas, just not as epic as chapter 40-55.

  8. #788
    alsohawks

    ALL YOU YOUNG HACKEY
    PLAYERS OUT THERE

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    5,960
    BG Level
    8

    Never read the manga so it's all brand new at the moment, but I'm okay with admitting Briggs in general just seems better because I love the Armstrongs. Favorite imaginary anime family ever for sure.

  9. #789
    BG Content
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    15,635
    BG Level
    9
    Blog Entries
    101

    I was talking with a friend about this, and I only started reading the manga after Brotherhood started, but he had been reading it since the first series. I personally liked Briggs a lot, but he's in the boat that it was way too boring and drawn out. We concluded that since in the manga, it's quite a few issues and if you had to wait through a number of months to get through everything, it'd greatly hamper your enjoyment of it~

  10. #790
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    17,471
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

    Not really spoiler, but just in case.

    Spoiler: show
    Brigg's arc biggest issue is the lack on Lin. Thing got interesting again when his path crossed with Ed's again.

  11. #791
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    12,823
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    her lips annoy me.

  12. #792
    alsohawks

    ALL YOU YOUNG HACKEY
    PLAYERS OUT THERE

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    5,960
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Souj View Post
    her lips annoy me.
    WHAT?

    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j1...ies/final1.gif

    Having that as a sig started to become kind of annoying incredibly fast.

  13. #793
    Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    10,160
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

    Quote Originally Posted by Caiyuo View Post
    WHAT?

    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j1...ies/final1.gif

    Having that as a sig started to become kind of annoying incredibly fast.
    That would make a interesting animation if her facial expression was changed slightly...

  14. #794
    alsohawks

    ALL YOU YOUNG HACKEY
    PLAYERS OUT THERE

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    5,960
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Gulkeeva View Post
    That would make a interesting animation if her facial expression was changed slightly...
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j1...03a15bc30d.gif

    ?!

  15. #795
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    2,065
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

    nomnomnom

  16. #796
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    2,125
    BG Level
    7

    I knew Kimblee had some type of trick up his sleeve..

    Spoiler: show
    Wasn't expecting it to be Winry though


    Also thank god I checked the last few minutes. I normally don't like it when they decide to put some extra 3mins of content AFTER the ED. I just don't see why they can't put it before.

  17. #797
    Sandworm Swallows
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    7,399
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

    Quote Originally Posted by Rivero View Post
    Also thank god I checked the last few minutes. I normally don't like it when they decide to put some extra 3mins of content AFTER the ED. I just don't see why they can't put it before.
    I'm really hating anything that does this now. Darker Than Black does it as well, and if I'm watching it late at night, I sometimes forget and miss stuff. I guess it is a way to get people to watch the credits (not that that matters for us, since we can just skip it), but it is still annoying.

  18. #798
    Hydra
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    138
    BG Level
    3

  19. #799
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5,772
    BG Level
    8

    Manga discussion is on the manga thread, and we've had the discussion like 3 days ago

  20. #800
    CoP Dynamis
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    269
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

    For some reason i just dont really care for the father's new form, i like pride alot more with his stretchy teeth and what not.

Page 40 of 91 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 90 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Full Metal Alchemist Vs FMA:B
    By Dainslaif in forum Anime
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 2010-06-09, 02:41