Page 47 of 91 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47 48 49 57 ... LastLast
Results 921 to 940 of 1806
  1. #921
    Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    5,841
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Ugh man, I just heard the dub. I'm not really one of those Japanophiles that needs everything in JP or insists it's automatically better in the native language but the dub is AWFUL. Usually I'll give a show dubbed in EN a couple of episodes to see if the VA can grow on me.. not this one though. Mustang, Bradley.. Ed & Al all sound like shit, the first two especially. JP ONRY in this please.

  2. #922
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    12,823
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by Odesseiron View Post
    I'm not really one of those Japanophiles
    Yes you are. Nothing wrong with their voices. Especially not bad enough to warrant that kind of comment.

  3. #923
    Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    6,236
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

    Voices are fine. New voices make it better then the original dub too. One of the better dubs I've seen for sure.

  4. #924
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    5,103
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

    the dubbed is never going to be as good just because the voice wont line up perfect. It was not made for English words. did a fine job.

  5. #925
    BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    34,939
    BG Level
    10

    I just started watching the new series on AS. I have to say, I love this so much more than the original.

  6. #926
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    5,103
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

    Quote Originally Posted by kuronosan View Post
    I just started watching the new series on AS. I have to say, I love this so much more than the original.
    looks better, the story in my mind is better so overall this one is way better.

  7. #927
    Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    5,882
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

    I've been hearing some rumors that the Anime is going to be about 63 episodes long. Right now we are on episode 45, so if this is true then we are likely to see the manga end in about 4-5 chapters unless the anime starts taking some weeks off.

  8. #928
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    5,103
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

    ~_~ 45 is out.(not dubbed) just starting to watch lol one hell of a way to start a show.

  9. #929
    Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    5,882
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

    Quote Originally Posted by Odesseiron View Post
    Ugh man, I just heard the dub. I'm not really one of those Japanophiles that needs everything in JP or insists it's automatically better in the native language but the dub is AWFUL. Usually I'll give a show dubbed in EN a couple of episodes to see if the VA can grow on me.. not this one though. Mustang, Bradley.. Ed & Al all sound like shit, the first two especially. JP ONRY in this please.

    The VA's are perfectly fine if you began watching the first series with the NA cast. If I remember correctly, Adult Swim only had the first 30 episodes or so dubbed and they had it in their Saturday Night rotation, so that is what I got used to. After doing some research I found the show had already been completed and had subs out so I finished off the series with fansubs. I ended up liking both casts equally both English and Japanese. The one thing I like about the new English dub is that they kept Ed's Voice Actor because he actually did a good job in my opinion. The new Al sounds almost like the first one, but more younger.

    You just have to understand that once you get accustomed to a certain voice over cast, anything else just doesn't seem to fit. That's why you always see a lot of people bashing new NA dubs for series that have had fansubs out for a long time. Even with this, many people still praised FMA's English voice talent as it ranked up there alongside Cowboy Bebop.

  10. #930
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    5,103
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

    Quote Originally Posted by TummieGaruda View Post
    The VA's are perfectly fine if you began watching the first series with the NA cast. If I remember correctly, Adult Swim only had the first 30 episodes or so dubbed and they had it in their Saturday Night rotation, so that is what I got used to. After doing some research I found the show had already been completed and had subs out so I finished off the series with fansubs. I ended up liking both casts equally both English and Japanese. The one thing I like about the new English dub is that they kept Ed's Voice Actor because he actually did a good job in my opinion. The new Al sounds almost like the first one, but more younger.

    You just have to understand that once you get accustomed to a certain voice over cast, anything else just doesn't seem to fit. That's why you always see a lot of people bashing new NA dubs for series that have had fansubs out for a long time. Even with this, many people still praised FMA's English voice talent as it ranked up there alongside Cowboy Bebop.
    woh lets not go that far. Bebop put the JP voices to sham >.>

  11. #931
    Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    6,236
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

    Quote Originally Posted by dejet View Post
    ~_~ 45 is out.(not dubbed) just starting to watch lol one hell of a way to start a show.
    45 is out and subbed.

    http://www.animecrazy.net/fullmetal-...od-episode-45/

    Just watched it, pretty good episode. Sets up a lot to happen in the next few for sure.

  12. #932
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    3,313
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Holy Shit
    Spoiler: show
    Bro Vs. Sis LMAO...

  13. #933
    alsohawks

    ALL YOU YOUNG HACKEY
    PLAYERS OUT THERE

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    5,960
    BG Level
    8

    Spoiler: show
    God I fucking love the Armstrongs, and Olivier's awesome and all, but I can't believe they went so one-sided with that. I wanted to see Alex at least do some cool shit and put up a fight, she doesn't even know alchemy. lol

  14. #934
    BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    34,939
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Odesseiron View Post
    Ugh man, I just heard the dub. I'm not really one of those Japanophiles that needs everything in JP or insists it's automatically better in the native language but the dub is AWFUL. Usually I'll give a show dubbed in EN a couple of episodes to see if the VA can grow on me.. not this one though. Mustang, Bradley.. Ed & Al all sound like shit, the first two especially. JP ONRY in this please.
    What the fuck is wrong with you?

  15. #935
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    3,313
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Yea Caiyuo, I kinda felt the same way. Was funny to watch I can admit that much. But I wish he did more.

  16. #936
    Chram
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,662
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Avelle Asteria
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Alleria

    Quote Originally Posted by Caiyuo View Post
    Spoiler: show
    God I fucking love the Armstrongs, and Olivier's awesome and all, but I can't believe they went so one-sided with that. I wanted to see Alex at least do some cool shit and put up a fight, she doesn't even know alchemy. lol
    Oh god I know, I can't believe that happened. I expected things to turn out much different. That bitch is mean!

  17. #937
    Eli Manning is my Lord and Savior
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    6,097
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Greymane

    Spoiler: show
    Saw the new episode, lol at Alex getting roflstomped all over the mansion, and how the rest of the family just went along with it. Fucking Armstrong family is amazing.

  18. #938
    Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    5,841
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Quote Originally Posted by kuronosan View Post
    What the fuck is wrong with you?
    The fuck is wrong with me? Bradley sounds like he's 90 years old, not 60. Mustang has the deepest most unfitting voice ever for his character. /shrug

  19. #939
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    2,125
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Seanr View Post
    Holy Shit
    Spoiler: show
    Bro Vs. Sis LMAO...
    Nooooooooooooo~~~

  20. #940
    Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    6,236
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

    Quote Originally Posted by Odesseiron View Post
    The fuck is wrong with me? Bradley sounds like he's 90 years old, not 60. Mustang has the deepest most unfitting voice ever for his character. /shrug
    Considering both characters have the same voice actors, you're pretty retarded.

Page 47 of 91 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47 48 49 57 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Full Metal Alchemist Vs FMA:B
    By Dainslaif in forum Anime
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 2010-06-09, 02:41