Because when looking at my connection compared to other connections (especially at the price difference mine costing 20 for <1Mbit and them paying 50 for 40times higher rate than me)Maybe I spent too much of my life on dialup, but why are people bitching about 8Mb/s connections? I'll always want a faster connection, but fuck. 1 megabyte a second is not slow or shit by any means.
I can't upload for shit, my Ratios on torrenting sites is terrible because I can't upload any faster than 5 kbps, and my max down speed i've seen is around 90 kbps.
Yes this is marginally better than dialup, but compared to what other people have, it seems like dialup.
(i.e. A new episode of House is around 300MB in size, and it takes me about an hour and a half to download it, more if I'm trying to download more than one show at a time. Where as someone that can download at 1MB/sec is looking at about 5 minutes to download it.) The difference is frustrating.
this is the connection for my entire schools wireless.
http://www.speedtest.net/result/461338043.png
http://www.speedtest.net/result/461342500.png
Pretty gewd I guess.
http://www.speedtest.net/result/461344533.png
Eh. Comcast. lol
http://www.speedtest.net/result/461349171.png
This post makes me sad dammit.
http://www.speedtest.net/result/461350080.png
I'm not computer savvy, so explain to me what does upload speed means?
3rd time test results...
http://www.speedtest.net/result/461352927.png
Download speed is how fast your connection can transfer data from a remote location to your computer.
Upload speed is how fast your connection can transfer data from your computer to a remote location.
Both of these exchanges take place any time you access the web. For most users the upload use will be minimal, usually just page requests and the like. For every download you make though there is someone else uploading to you.
http://www.speedtest.net/result/461414410.png
sadly, this is the current Michigan Tech University connection. It just suck![]()
http://www.speedtest.net/result/461444797.png
le sigh, living in the boonies ftl
dunno why it says cox tho, I'm on Pixius
Pixius probably leases the lines from Cox or something.
it's antenna point to point lol ><
edit: rofl retested... I think i r new winnar
http://www.speedtest.net/result/461461807.png
edit 2: ok what the shit
http://www.speedtest.net/result/461463832.png
Someone want to explain this lol?
wireless:
http://www.speedtest.net/result/461523728.png
landline:
http://www.speedtest.net/result/461525179.png
From relative's house, not sure how much it costs but its part of a free bundle.
European Servers
http://www.speedtest.net/result/461694661.png
http://www.speedtest.net/result/461697841.png
http://www.speedtest.net/result/461698259.png
http://www.speedtest.net/result/461701546.png
American East Coast
http://www.speedtest.net/result/461696111.png
American West Coast
http://www.speedtest.net/result/461696481.png
Singapore
http://www.speedtest.net/result/461699265.png
Australia
http://www.speedtest.net/result/461697331.png
Honestly its fair to say this ISP proves poor international links, and is only "good for Europe". Poor peformance, I personaly wouldnt advice this isp to advanced or hardcore internet users.
http://www.speedtest.net/result/461691719.png
The usual Basic TV/Internet Comcast bundle.