Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 260 of 451
  1. #241
    Sandworm Swallows
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    7,328
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Max™ View Post
    Why the hell would I dual wield except for fun?

    Shit, even in weapon type limbus I always have my Joytoy/Koenig in my pocket, so I just whip that out and pokify crabs with it. If I bother to ever pick up Evis I may start carrying a dagger for that one cause Evis looks neat... but damn.

    Re: 4, Pld is a great DD, and a great tank, but not in Exp. I do think there is nyzul type shit it could be good for, but really I dunno... maybe this explains the Enm/STP or Acc/FC Coseletes I see JP's in?
    I am just explaining what I thought they were getting at, I am not defending it. Although if you are in a place where you are going to /NIN on WAR, dual-wielding can be a benefit. It depends on the situation.

  2. #242
    assburgers
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    10,925
    BG Level
    9

    Well, it was rather rhetorical, but... did they miss the 2hed buff? The ridiculousness of Crit RR? KJ? You want me to give that up for Wood/Man Rampage?

    Hmmm....

    For the record, I /Nin all the time, but aside from capping weapons, I almost never DW. /Nin is about blinktanking to me.


    Back to the questions/answers: it's very neat to finally understand why they leveled off Orcs in Davoi, wonder exactly how weak they were.

    Perhaps they could apply that to the ones in La Vaule [S] to make it a primo merit spot finally.

  3. #243
    Aselin
    Guest

    Quote Originally Posted by Qeomash View Post
    The comic at the bottom of the is rather interesting. Progression of the difficultly/updates through out the game's history?

    I"ve seen that comic before too, but translated.

    It's like you try to fix one thing but they continue to make it worse without fixing the original problem at all.

    You could say that the same applies to how the developers deal with this game and how they respond to the players.

    It's pure ignorance and incompetence on the developers part. JP players share the same disdain and criticism about them just as much as we do according to the interview.

  4. #244
    Sandworm Swallows
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    7,328
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Max™ View Post
    Well, it was rather rhetorical, but... did they miss the 2hed buff? The ridiculousness of Crit RR? KJ? You want me to give that up for Wood/Man Rampage?

    Hmmm....

    For the record, I /Nin all the time, but aside from capping weapons, I almost never DW. /Nin is about blinktanking to me.


    Back to the questions/answers: it's very neat to finally understand why they leveled off Orcs in Davoi, wonder exactly how weak they were.

    Perhaps they could apply that to the ones in La Vaule [S] to make it a primo merit spot finally.
    For /NIN, to each their own because the damage difference closes tremendously.

  5. #245
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    585
    BG Level
    5

    I have to say I totally agree with a lot of the things people say (mostly in the way that people play their jobs) One things i was wondering, and im sure this has been mentioned i just couldnt find it, Were these questions asked on a forum similar to BG? Or was it the Allah of the JP world?

    Once thing I largely agree with in the job section was that certain people dont play their jobs to the fullest. Aka Drk's spamming Souleater with no concept of what it does to the mages MP. BLM in a exp party not tossing out cures here and there. RDM melee i think speaks for itself.

    One thing i was greatly surprised about was a lot of people seemed to mention they liked to have multiple tanks and that PLD should be more aware of other things in the party aside from holding hate. I would really love to see a follow up question asking what else they want out of a tank like a Paladin in a party.

    Lastly I think maybe i should be Japanese because i am a strong believer in COR/WHM

  6. #246
    assburgers
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    10,925
    BG Level
    9

    Sword merits, Gaxe merits, no ridill, no organics, don't own a 1hed axe so 266 Hrotti/Joytoy vs 292 Great Axe (still waiting to catch a DM run for Suppa, was supposedly doing a redo a while back but it fizzled) makes it a REALLY easy choice.

  7. #247
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    915
    BG Level
    5

    Quote Originally Posted by Hogie View Post
    If i remember right, RDM + Melee can duo all zones aside from NW and *insert 2 nuke mage jobs* can duo that
    accually I duo'd NW with a sam/nin + my rdm/whm, let him kill all the mobs to open the portal and skipped all bosses. Just Haste/phalanx2/cure/enfeeble and he puts out more damage over-time then any of my nukes, then on the KB mob, he just lets me solo it and afk's at the final chest pop. We cleared it with 30minutes to spare and took 2 ghost and 3 buffalo kills for portals.

    Even botched the final behemoth pull and got the KB too, had him take on the behemoth nearly solo (he got a Cure IV from me each lap with KB) and took it down without too much risk of him dieing.

    P.S. : all this talk about merit level cor DDs helping get more exp when there is only a single healer in PT sounds retarded, maybe if all your DDs are /nin or use seigan only.

  8. #248
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    585
    BG Level
    5

    Ninja Edit!

  9. #249
    Ryko's Full of Lies and Johns
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    632
    BG Level
    5
    FFXIV Character
    Ryuu Akaneiro
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Dunemaul

    Quote Originally Posted by Max™ View Post
    Re: 4, Pld is a great DD, and a great tank, but not in Exp.
    ....Didn't Beckwin and xrave both parse PLD/SAM gsword at one point and it showed to be effective?

    Definitely not a ridill/gaxe/polearm war, polearm sam, drk or drg, but pretty damn effective.

  10. #250
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    915
    BG Level
    5

    I typed that up last night, but feel asleep after leveling and forgot to post it, figure I'd post it anyways just for sharing the knowledge.

    when I build PTs on cor I build them around going cor/whm, it's easier on my playstyle and returns the same/more exp in the majority of cases. When I'm invited to a PT, it's often asked of me to DD, and I do not skimp on my DD gear... but alot of those PTs aren't built with antiquate damage dealers, and they almost expect me to make up for it

    my cor is 73 atm and I was PTing @ lv59-61 vs Puks in Waj-woods last night to help my JP friend level his drk(he's only leveling drk cause he bought a Kclub, cause DRK is lol-DD @75)
    and this is all I could parse on cor/war, I'm not sure how much the level sync effected my R.Acc on WS but at73 I WS atm with +56 r.acc and light gorget (used spectacles for the PT)

    http://www.bluegartr.com/forum/attac...1&d=1241637191
    pup/dnc using valoredge auto, drk/nin wasn't using abs-TP as often as he should have, nin/war wearing mostly eva gear (aka sucked) and me, well I didn't use my ice shots as often as I should have, and my slug acc wasn't where it should be to excel. I admit to firing two slugs while flashed and 2 into freshly shadowed puks, but I was getting tired at the end of the PT

  11. #251
    Sandworm Swallows
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    7,328
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Akanei View Post
    ....Didn't Beckwin and xrave both parse PLD/SAM gsword at one point and it showed to be effective?

    Definitely not a ridill/gaxe/polearm war, polearm sam, drk or drg, but pretty damn effective.
    It is very good.

    As a side note, I really hope at some point we stop looking at everything judged against how well it does against Greater Colibri.

    For example, outside of that camp one camp, Polearm SAM, if you have any other melee job leveled, is pretty much useless and detrimental to your other jobs.

    I think too many judgements in this game are based on literally just two XP camps, while 99% of the rest of the things we do are completely separate from this and we might be getting bad information for the rest of the things we do if we only focus on how we do at that one camp.

  12. #252
    assburgers
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    10,925
    BG Level
    9

    Well, what Pld DD lacks in shit like merits, it more than makes up for in any long fight you can poke shit and build hate to cap in.

    I've watched two Plds with Brd/Rdm/Blm support take Fafnir down to like 20% before more help arrived, or the time I got asked to come help fight a late night Cerb because Arc was killing it with Atonement by himself.

    Downside is, Atonement ruined campaign for me... went from whittling away at monsters, taking 25~30 minutes to milk a pair of mobs for all the exp I could... to raping them both in 7~10 minutes, getting two more, and singlehandedly ending the battle early.

    T.T I didn't even do that on War/Dnc cause of the TP spent curing myself.

  13. #253
    You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    26,424
    BG Level
    10

    I thought it was interesting that they only considered the RDM/WHM to be a buffer, and thought it incapable of handling all the casting duties alone. That strikes me as the big difference in the styles that affect how they play COR, typically in a RDM BRD COR DDx3 party a decent RDM/WHM can handle all of the buffing and the healing with Evoker's and a Ballad or two cycled in, even without Utsusemi DDs so long as they're using Seigan/3E effectively. When you're sitting on 9-12/tick Refresh you really shouldn't need any outside healing help unless everyone is fulltiming Hasso.

    Maybe it's their RDMs that they're failing to get the most out of, not their CORs.

  14. #254
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,397
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    Quote Originally Posted by Max™ View Post
    Downside is, Atonement ruined campaign for me... went from whittling away at monsters, taking 25~30 minutes to milk a pair of mobs for all the exp I could... to raping them both in 7~10 minutes, getting two more, and singlehandedly ending the battle early.

    T.T I didn't even do that on War/Dnc cause of the TP spent curing myself.
    I consider this a flaw with the way campaign scoring is handled. You are being punished for killing the mobs faster...pretty lame.

  15. #255
    You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    26,424
    BG Level
    10

    The answer is Moonfang Warriors.

  16. #256
    Un-Rad Conrad
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    5,019
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    Re: PLD/SAM DDing

    I made a realistic build of a PLD trying this, and accuracy seems really low...even with Hasso fulltime, I don't see you getting higher than 80% or so. Unless I'm missing something?

    FFXIGEAR.com

    edit: Replace Turban with Askar head and you get slightly better results, but it's still not saying a lot.

  17. #257
    The 69th Donor
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    15,071
    BG Level
    9
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

    Quote Originally Posted by Callisto View Post
    I thought it was interesting that they only considered the RDM/WHM to be a buffer, and thought it incapable of handling all the casting duties alone. That strikes me as the big difference in the styles that affect how they play COR, typically in a RDM BRD COR DDx3 party a decent RDM/WHM can handle all of the buffing and the healing with Evoker's and a Ballad or two cycled in, even without Utsusemi DDs so long as they're using Seigan/3E effectively. When you're sitting on 9-12/tick Refresh you really shouldn't need any outside healing help unless everyone is fulltiming Hasso.

    Maybe it's their RDMs that they're failing to get the most out of, not their CORs.
    Seriously, keeping 3 DD's hasted and tossing a few cures where needed really isn't all that difficult, there are some merit parties where I really don't even need to Convert at any given point in time. I used to be the biggest believer in the /NIN thing, but a few great merit PTs have changed that.

    Really, as long as you're not retarded, there is no reason to sub NIN. Do they not understand that faster kills also equal less damage taken?

  18. #258
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    3,717
    BG Level
    7

    # I’ll eat anything. Sometimes I eat rice with natto [fermented soybeans] while partying.
    I still believe that natto is a myth perpetuated by the Japanese to test the body, mind, and soul of foreigners. Nobody can eat that shit.

    Er. Good work as always, Elmer! Thanks!

  19. #259
    assburgers
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    10,925
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Gergall View Post
    I consider this a flaw with the way campaign scoring is handled. You are being punished for killing the mobs faster...pretty lame.
    Well, the tags capping should be handled differently I think.

    If they would just give you the full tag you earned when the battle ends, but only the capped amount if you turn in early, it would work for me.

    The jump from randomly using Vorpal to get rid of Tp (even with Str merits, Hecatomb x 3, Hauby, Crit merits, Sword merits, single wielded vorpal sucks on campaign mobs, hard)... to being able to spam 750 Dmg on mobs that are spam feeding you Tp, with a Joytoy no less... is ridiculously huge.

    I COULD do better and just not go berserk and rape face... but fuck... I'm on PALADIN, killing things quickly... the novelty of that alone should last for a hell of a long time.


    I gotta reiterate though, I am really glad to know why Davoi was the shit back then, Orcs aren't good fodder mobs now, so hearing that Monastic was the shit is like... wtf really?

  20. #260
    Ryko's Full of Lies and Johns
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    632
    BG Level
    5
    FFXIV Character
    Ryuu Akaneiro
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Dunemaul

    Quote Originally Posted by Skirkle View Post
    Re: PLD/SAM DDing

    I made a realistic build of a PLD trying this, and accuracy seems really low...even with Hasso fulltime, I don't see you getting higher than 80% or so. Unless I'm missing something?

    FFXIGEAR.com

    edit: Replace Turban with Askar head and you get slightly better results, but it's still not saying a lot.
    Without merits, no, you won't be getting more than 85% accuracy, without food, at best.

    In respect to your build (assuming you're fighting colibri):

    Meat: Ditch the rajas, toss on a 2nd sniper. Rajas should only be on there for a 6hitter, which you won't get unless you pop carbonara or swap to askar body.

    Pizza: Swap to askar body

Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Oldschool players with JP Accounts & The new Expansion
    By Lyramion in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 2007-11-24, 01:31
  2. FFXI Update History JP Beta to CoP: A Player's Perspective
    By Everlasting in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 201
    Last Post: 2007-01-07, 02:37
  3. a question for all the japanese version FFXI NA players
    By freewind in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 2005-07-01, 15:58