Page 39 of 58 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 49 ... LastLast
Results 761 to 780 of 1149
  1. #761
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,651
    BG Level
    6

    Amazing movie. Exiting movie, so no time to gush, but one quick thought.
    Spoiler: show

    The 4th wall jokes ripping into Fox, the XMen franchise, old Deadpool and stuff were some of the best jokes. Figurrd they covered those in the trailers and didn't expect more to revolve around that.

  2. #762
    Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    55,685
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    The opening credits are possibly the greatest thing I've seen in my entire life.

  3. #763
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,651
    BG Level
    6

    Agreed. I'm not gonna spoil those for my friends, but I so want to.

  4. #764
    okay guy I guess
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    24,387
    BG Level
    10

    it was awesome. I only saw one credit scene tho?

  5. #765
    Micronesian Thunder
    Get Down On It

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,362
    BG Level
    6
    WoW Realm
    Blackrock

    Quote Originally Posted by Qalbert View Post
    it was awesome. I only saw one credit scene tho?
    Same. I see 6souls said there's 2, but I only saw one.

  6. #766
    Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    55,685
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    I'm assuming he meant the slight break when it fades to black for a few seconds.

  7. #767
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,693
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Zimt Zucker
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

    Movie's about to start, and one of these dirty fuckers must not know how to wash his clothes. All I can smell is mildew.

    What I get for going to the first showing, I guess.

    Fuck.

  8. #768
    Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    55,685
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Like Intrinsic said, this movie is a fucking dream for comic nerds. The references are basically non stop, either via subtle hints in the background or more overt stuff like Hydra Bob showing up.

  9. #769
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,651
    BG Level
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by Qalbert View Post
    it was awesome. I only saw one credit scene tho?
    Its strictly speaking, only one post credits scene, its just that the second half wasn't part of the press screenings, Spoiler for clarification below

    Spoiler: show

    The press only saw Deadpool tell everyone to leave and makes the quip about Samuel L Jackson. The "second" scene was the stuff about Cable and "chicka chicka".

  10. #770
    RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    43,802
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    Time to leave thread until I see it on vday.

  11. #771
    Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    17,291
    BG Level
    9

    Yep I'm outta here til tomorrow night too.

  12. #772
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    3,452
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Vagrant Tarupunter
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Quote Originally Posted by Dantrag View Post
    When I talked to him he was doing smaller movies/on stage stuff. I don't think he's done a cinema movie in a while.
    He's in Gods of Egypt which is a likely massive bomb in the box office but it would definitely fall in the action flick category.

  13. #773
    Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    55,685
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    In my theatre previews opened with Gods of Egypt and London Has Fallen trailers back to back. That's artistic as fuck.

  14. #774
    okay guy I guess
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    24,387
    BG Level
    10

    my theater had a trailer for Meet the Blacks (a Purge parody) and The Purge: Election Year which was a pretty funny combo.

  15. #775

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    4,431
    BG Level
    7

    Awesome. Fucking. Movie.

  16. #776
    Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    55,685
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Pulled in $12.7 million in the US, largest ever for an R Rated Movie preview night.

  17. #777
    okay guy I guess
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    24,387
    BG Level
    10

    niiiice

  18. #778
    BG Staff
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    27,188
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Sylph


  19. #779
    Chram
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2,483
    BG Level
    7

    So so good.

    Could've done with more Bea Arthur fixation, but generally exactly how I'd have envisioned a Deadpool movie. Good feckin' job Fox. Age of Apocalypse has a lot to live up to now.

  20. #780
    Zeb
    Zeb is offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3,851
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Zeb Adiah
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

    Very good for what it is. Agree with Krandor, opening credits are the shit.

    Also forgot how hot Morena can be with the right hairstyle.

Page 39 of 58 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 49 ... LastLast