Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: UFC 98     submit to reddit submit to twitter

  1. #1
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    549
    BG Level
    5
    FFXIV Character
    Pabsteh Hirayama
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

    UFC 98

    This weekend and didn't see any one make a thread yet but here ya go


    Rashad Evans vs Lyoto Machida
    Matt Hughes vs Matt Serra
    Drew McFedries vs Xavier Foupa-Pokam
    Dan Miller vs Chael Sonnen
    Sean Sherk vs Frank Edgar
    Brock Larson vs Chris Wilson
    Pat Barry vs Tim Hague
    Phillipe Nover vs Kyle Bradley
    Krzysztof Soszynski vs Andre Gusmao
    Yoshiyuki Yoshida vs Brandon Wolff
    Dave Kaplan vs George Roop

    I'm liking this card. I think Lyoto is going to be champion for a long time or till shogun starts dominating again like he did in Pride. I really like Matt Serra but I think Hughes takes this, I could be wrong since Hughes looked like shit against Thiago Alves.

    The McFedries/Foupa-Pokam and Miller/Sonnen fight really shouldn't be on the main card. Brock Larson/Pat Barry/Nover fights would have been better options.

    And so hoping Pat Barry does the Techno Viking dance entrance. At work so I can't link the video of him doing the dance at a barber shop.

  2. #2
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    5,667
    BG Level
    8

    Rashad Evans vs Lyoto Machida
    Matt Hughes vs Matt Serra
    Drew McFedries vs Xavier Foupa-Pokam
    Dan Miller vs Chael Sonnen
    Sean Sherk vs Frank Edgar
    Brock Larson vs Chris Wilson
    Pat Barry vs Tim Hague
    Phillipe Nover vs Kyle Bradley
    Krzysztof Soszynski vs Andre Gusmao
    Yoshiyuki Yoshida vs Brandon Wolff
    Dave Kaplan vs George Roop


    Really really excited for the main event, even if it may not be exciting I just want to see how each of them fight and see which one wins. Pokam v Drew should be a good striking fight although pokam may just go for the easy takedown to submission.

  3. #3
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    549
    BG Level
    5
    FFXIV Character
    Pabsteh Hirayama
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg View Post
    Really really excited for the main event, even if it may not be exciting I just want to see how each of them fight and see which one wins. Pokam v Drew should be a good striking fight although pokam may just go for the easy takedown to submission.
    aaa didnt know much of Pokam, haven't seen him fight. I'm not really a fan of stand and bangs though.. they get kinda boring cause most of them are cautious to throw down like Wandy. Saw pics of the weigh-ins on ufc.com Pat Barry fighting a huge canadien. And wtf is up with Dave kaplans hair. Hoping yoshida comes back strong in this fight after Koscheck knocked him twitching.

  4. #4
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    5,667
    BG Level
    8

    Btw, these threads usually get more attention in general.

  5. #5
    The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    29,765
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

    live boxing and MMA fights

    Hughes vs Serra nao

  6. #6
    I clean, I jerk, and I have a decent snatch.
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    3,524
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyche View Post
    live boxing and MMA fights

    Hughes vs Serra nao

    thank you! you're a saint!





    Machida rocked Evans world YESSS!!!!!

  7. #7
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    5,667
    BG Level
    8

    Lyoto mother fucking machida

  8. #8
    Hayleystrator
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    7,069
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Machida's a machine...

  9. #9
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    4,661
    BG Level
    7

    Evans got knocked the fuck out talking shit, haha priceless...

  10. #10
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    5,667
    BG Level
    8

    The ufc was planning for rampage to coach the next season of TUF and they must have been praying for a rashad win to cash in on the feud between the 2 of them from when rampage beat jardine. I'm not sure if they can still use that idea since Machida's english wouldn't work too well for your average TUF audience. If it doesn't happen I think it is for the best as I don't want titles held up for so long and rampage needs to fight more.

  11. #11
    FNH
    FNH is offline

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    6,804
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Odin

    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg View Post
    I'm not sure if they can still use that idea since Machida's english wouldn't work too well for your average TUF audience.
    Had Nog last season, and Bisping this season. Rampage had mentioned something about not liking coaching.

  12. #12
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    5,667
    BG Level
    8

    Neither nog or bisping need a translator though. In the post fight conference dana said that the coaches will be lyoto and rampage. I don't know if this means it will be a brazil vs usa or something like that, it would be cool to see an all brazil team, it would be hilarious if everyone one of them had a bjj blackbelt.