Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 300 of 417

Thread: North Korea 2nd Nuke Test     submit to reddit submit to twitter

  1. #281
    Celeste
    Guest

    Quote Originally Posted by Kisamoo View Post
    There's really no argument when all you guys are doing is playing internet good guys about shit that has already happened. If your morales were worth anything, you'd have an active role in the community and probably wouldn't be riding the internet high horse you're on right now.
    I do have an active role in my fucking community. I protested Scientology every month for a year, and I help out at a local American Cancer Society every week. If they needed me more, I would be there every day. What the fuck do you do?

    Quote Originally Posted by HadesChubbs View Post
    How does one completely ignore the other side of the argument (what Japan did), yet keep arguing their side, and feel it has any validity?

    If you say "shame on US" for civilian killing, you should be saying the same about Japan. There was no argument to win, as you weren't arguing you were stating your feelings while ignoring facts.
    Argument: Innocent Japanese civilians should not have been nuked and exposed to radiation, which lead to years of agonizing pain until their deaths. The actions of the Japanese military should not have been reflected onto Japanese civilians. German civilians were not nuked because of their military's actions which lead to the deaths of tens of millions of innocent Jewish/European civilians. Therefore, why was Japan nuked? Their actions were not on-par with their German allies.

  2. #282
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    855
    BG Level
    5

    Quote Originally Posted by Mistress View Post
    I do have an active role in my fucking community. I protested Scientology every month for a year, and I help out at a local American Cancer Society every week. If they needed me more, I would be there every day. What the fuck do you do?
    Good for you, but the fact that you need to beat it into other people obviouslly means you're compensating for something.

  3. #283
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,652
    BG Level
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by Mistress View Post
    You're missing the point here, my friend. I believe it is the retardation at work.
    Glad to see you reduce this further into name calling.

    I am not here to win an argument. That's just how I feel about the second Sino-Japanese war. All things considered, I have no sympathy for what happened to japan. If anything, all my sympathy went to the victims in korea and china, I have none to spare.

  4. #284
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5,772
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by 0ni0n View Post
    Say that to the millions of dead civilians in korea and china.
    Yeah, the japanese civilians that got nuked are totally responsible for that.

    Why don't we just nuke a few states to even out our karma to the world from all the civilians death the american military and policy has caused over the years while we're at it? Terrorists are doing it too slowly.

  5. #285
    Celeste
    Guest

    Quote Originally Posted by Kisamoo View Post
    Good for you, but the fact that you need to beat it into other people obviouslly means you're compensating for something.
    Haha, first you say that we should help out in our communities rather than ride the internet "high horse", and now I'm "beating it into other people to compensate for something".

    Excuse me, but, "lolwut?"

    Quote Originally Posted by Zilong View Post
    Yeah, the japanese civilians that got nuked are totally responsible for that.

    Why don't we just nuke a few states to even out our karma to the world from all the civilians death the american military and policy has caused over the years while we're at it? Terrorists are doing it too slowly.
    I concur, but instead of nuclear weapons, let's hack them all to death with machetes.

  6. #286
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    855
    BG Level
    5

    Quote Originally Posted by Mistress View Post
    Haha, first you say that we should help out in our communities rather than ride the internet "high horse", and now I'm "beating it into other people to compensate for something".

    Excuse me, but, "lolwut?"
    No, I'm saying if YOUR morales were worth anything, you wouldn't be acting like a complete head-up-your-own-ass idiot. I don't pretend to be who I'm not, especially on an internet forum. To be honest, I don't even think you're a tenth of the person you say you are, but that means nothing either. I'll be honest, I don't believe civilians are innocent. If we can freely benefit from our country in times of peace, we should be able to responsibility for our countries actions in times of war. Paying taxes and democracy is all about that- but too many don't wanna take responsibility for these things.

  7. #287
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    588
    BG Level
    5

    Disregarding the necessity to end the war, it's completely irrelevant what the Japanese army did in China when discussing what was done to the Japanese civilians in Hirosaki. They are not the same people. You can't hold someone responsible for being born within a certain radius of another person. It's absurd.

    If you think it was a necessary evil to end the war, then fair enough, argue that. But arguing that "they deserved it", "punishment for their actions", "no sympathies" because of what the Japanese army did in China and Korea is fucking stupid. They are not the same people.

  8. #288
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5,772
    BG Level
    8

    All japanese look the same to onion or something

  9. #289
    Celeste
    Guest

    Quote Originally Posted by Kisamoo View Post
    I don't believe civilians are innocent. If we can freely benefit from our country in times of peace, we should be able to responsibility for our countries actions in times of war. Paying taxes and democracy is all about that- but too many don't wanna take responsibility for these things.
    So, Americans should pay the price for the actions their military is taking in the Middle-East right now? You should find a local terrorist cell and help out there, you know, for civic duty. >_>

  10. #290
    I'm not safe on my island
    Nikkei will still get me.

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    20,043
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Kisamoo View Post
    No, I'm saying if YOUR morales were worth anything, you wouldn't be acting like a complete head-up-your-own-ass idiot. I don't pretend to be who I'm not, especially on an internet forum. To be honest, I don't even think you're a tenth of the person you say you are, but that means nothing either. I'll be honest, I don't believe civilians are innocent. If we can freely benefit from our country in times of peace, we should be able to responsibility for our countries actions in times of war. Paying taxes and democracy is all about that- but too many don't wanna take responsibility for these things.
    I don't know man, the American people have been very insistent on not seeing 9/11 as a punishment for everything they've done to the Middle East. So that doesn't seem to be a universal rule that people want to follow when applied to them.

  11. #291
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    855
    BG Level
    5

    Quote Originally Posted by Mistress View Post
    So, Americans should pay the price for the actions their military is taking in the Middle-East right now? You should find a local terrorist cell and help out there, you know, for civic duty. >_>
    I didn't say that, I'm just saying I wouldn't take it personally. I'm an immigrant to Canada from Laos btw.

  12. #292
    WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    9,065
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

    HEY GUYS HOW IS THE NORTH KOREA DISCUSSION GOING?

    OH WAIT WE'RE TALKING ABOUT A WAR THAT HAPPENED BEFORE ALL OF US WERE EVEN BORN LOL

  13. #293
    Celeste
    Guest

    Quote Originally Posted by Kisamoo View Post
    I didn't say that.
    Yes, you did. Here, let me quote it for you, to refresh your short attention span.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kisamoo View Post
    I'll be honest, I don't believe civilians are innocent. If we can freely benefit from our country in times of peace, we should be able to responsibility for our countries actions in times of war.
    Oh, alright then. That's settled! Polish your machete, we'll see you in a few days.

    Quote Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
    HEY GUYS HOW IS THE NORTH KOREA DISCUSSION GOING?

    OH WAIT WE'RE TALKING ABOUT A WAR THAT HAPPENED BEFORE ALL OF US WERE EVEN BORN LOL
    The actions we took in the past towards Japan will be paramount in how we handle North Korea. I wonder how we'll all react towards North Korean citizens if the North Korean military launches a nuke.

  14. #294
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    855
    BG Level
    5

    Quote Originally Posted by Mistress View Post
    Yes, you did. Here, let me quote it for you, to refresh your short attention span.
    Way to dissect my words to fit your argument.

    If we can freely benefit from our country in times of peace, then we should be prepared for the price that peace has cost us. All AMERICAN peace is built on war.

    Edited it to be relevant to you.

  15. #295
    Celeste
    Guest

    Quote Originally Posted by Kisamoo View Post
    Way to dissect my words to fit your argument.

    If we can freely benefit from our country in times of peace, then we should be prepared for the price that peace has cost us. All peace is built on war.
    Including that wouldn't have changed what you said. In fact, it still doesn't change anything. I'll add that to the quote if it makes you feel better.

  16. #296
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    855
    BG Level
    5

    Quote Originally Posted by Mistress View Post
    Including that wouldn't have changed what you said. In fact, it still doesn't change anything. I'll add that to the quote if it makes you feel better.
    So, Americans should pay the price for the actions their military is taking in the Middle-East right now? You should find a local terrorist cell and help out there, you know, for civic duty. >_>
    You already answered it for me, you just wanted to make me look bad. When civilians die you cry foul, I say well don't take it personally, it's merely retaliation for what your country has done. It sucks that you had no personal hand in it, but you still live there, so you are in part responsible because you will benefit from the actions of your country in good times and bad.

    Also, we already have World War 2 here, is it really necessary to drag in the Iraq war? You might as well drag EVERY war in here and play morale high priestess for them all.

  17. #297
    Celeste
    Guest

    Quote Originally Posted by Kisamoo View Post
    You already answered it for me, you just wanted to make me look bad. When civilians die you cry foul, I say well don't take it personally, it's merely retaliation for what your country has done. It sucks that you had no personal hand in it, but you still live there, so you are in part responsible because you will benefit from the actions of your country in good times and bad.

    Also, we already have World War 2 here, is it really necessary to drag in the Iraq war? You might as well drag EVERY war in here and play morale high priestess for them all.
    The past doesn't matter? It defines who we are. The decisions we make today, are echoes of yesterday.

  18. #298
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    855
    BG Level
    5

    Quote Originally Posted by Mistress View Post
    The past doesn't matter? It defines who we are. The decisions we make today, are echoes of yesterday.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisamoo
    It's easy to say all of this now because we live in such a grey world, but things were black and white back then. Is it so hard for the people arguing here to accept that what was justifiable and acceptable back then doesn't apply to our new 21st century world?
    Sigh. It's good that you have such strong morales but you can't apply how we think now to how the world was back then. I'm not lampooning you for being morale but

    Quote Originally Posted by Kisamoo
    If your morales were worth anything, you'd have an active role in the community and probably wouldn't be riding the internet high horse you're on right now.
    That said, I'll be back when the bombs start dropping.

  19. #299
    Celeste
    Guest

    Quote Originally Posted by Kisamoo View Post
    That said, I'll be back when the bombs start dropping.
    Don't make too many mistakes, Kisamoo. They'll be there tomorrow to haunt you.

    I'll see you later, thread.

  20. #300
    Spiders are Awesome
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    7,073
    BG Level
    8

    lol idealists

Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Shit hits the fan: North Korea Attacks South Korea
    By Senoska in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 217
    Last Post: 2010-12-23, 15:11
  2. Anarchy in the "NK" - A Travel Guide to North Korea
    By Zoolander in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 2010-02-12, 04:15
  3. U.S. Protests North Korea’s Punishment of 2 Journalists
    By The_OG_Nelta in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 2009-08-04, 19:13
  4. Replies: 293
    Last Post: 2009-07-06, 23:36
  5. Fuck you north Korea. Fuck you.
    By Khajit in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 101
    Last Post: 2009-04-20, 21:56
  6. North Korea Finalising Launch Preparations
    By Vajra in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 158
    Last Post: 2009-04-06, 14:20
  7. Poor Giant German Bunnies = Food For North Korea
    By Bethany in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 2007-01-15, 11:13
  8. wtf @ North Korea?
    By Fhqwghads in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 149
    Last Post: 2006-10-22, 08:20