Page 113 of 140 FirstFirst ... 63 103 111 112 113 114 115 123 ... LastLast
Results 2241 to 2260 of 2799

Thread: E3 09     submit to reddit submit to twitter

  1. #2241
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    2,242
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    I took it back to play for a bit, but realized I was investing far too much time back in to the game like I said I wouldn't so I quit.

  2. #2242
    Campaign
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    6,575
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

    someone need to take a chill pill... or therapy..

  3. #2243
    Melee Summoner
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    25
    BG Level
    1

    I honestly can't believe so many people felt Sony had the strongest presence at E3. To me, it basically seemed to boil down to:

    MS: Ripped face with Natal, cool game announcements
    Nintendo: Cool game announcements
    Sony: Lackluster motion controller, cool game announcements

    The only thing that seemed even remotely new/exciting that wasn't just a sequel/game we already knew was coming, is Natal.

  4. #2244
    Corwens a slot
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    4,115
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by cthalupa View Post
    I honestly can't believe so many people felt Sony had the strongest presence at E3. To me, it basically seemed to boil down to:

    MS: Ripped face with Natal, cool game announcements
    Nintendo: Cool game announcements
    Sony: Lackluster motion controller, cool game announcements

    The only thing that seemed even remotely new/exciting that wasn't just a sequel/game we already knew was coming, is Natal.
    I still don't see why people think it was "lackluster" as far as the motion controls go Sony showed actual game usage... bows/arrow, suriken, the accuracy of writing. I'm sorry but the full motion version from microsoft has some crappy accuracy, the painting looked like a 3 year old did it. I was impressed by Natal, however I don't honestly see myself using that software whatsoever, so it is really a moot point. What it boils down to, to me, is whether I can see myself using the technology in a game that I would play.

    PS. the sword looked dorky as hell that sony did. But the ranged weapons had a lot of potential. Especially the fact that it increases the speed by how far you pull the "bow" back.

  5. #2245
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    329
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

    Quote Originally Posted by Okan View Post
    See? This is the shit this thread doesn't need. Sony didn't "win" E3. There is no prize at E3. There is an award ceremony. THERE IS NO FUCKING WINNERS AT E3. Are you seriously that fucking retarded that you have to say such a stupid thing?

    There is no winner at E3. The only real "winners" are the gamers who are getting to see more about the games that they love to play.

    So shut the fuck up about your fanboyisms and just be glad that E3 is even still around.
    Have you never read a e3 topic on BG before? its pretty standard that the big 3 presentations (nintendo, sony, microsoft) get a 1-10/10 rating by a vast number of people, and usually people declare one of the developers a winner.

    Its standard anual practice for a BG e3 thread, you seem to be taking it to heart way too much. "Thou does protest too much" or w/e that shit is, it tells me your either butt hurt because you have a xbox and people arent praising microsoft, or you are actually annoyed just by peoples opinions of the presentations. Either way you should no what to expect from BG and from this thread, if you dont like it, dont read it, its not like this thread is the best way to get info from e3, all this thread offers is bullshit opinions, mine and yours included.

    Edit: alot of people claiming sony had the best presentation is from a outside opinion, you claim your on the fence, which doesnt mean your the only one, for all you know 80% of the people saying "Song ftw"etc dont even own anything sony, they just have the common knowledge to recognise the better of 3 similar events.

  6. #2246
    BRP
    BRP is offline
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    15,019
    BG Level
    9

    A company wins e3 when it has the most entertaining and worthwhile presentation. So yeah, one does win, no it doesn't matter in the long run and no one sane is keeping count.

    Also Sony did win e3 because their presentation was a presentation worth watching. It was entertaining and built anticipation for the titles. This matters more than just bringing out surprises, but they had that too! yay! Also Natal is fine and all, but masturbation works fine without a fleshlight.

    EDIT: Actually this is a poor analogy(but an enjoyable one!) My feelings on Natal is that it can't compare to a keyboard in anything that matters.

  7. #2247
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    1,297
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Trent Reznuh
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    remember what forum you're on... there's a reason most people here (myself included) will say sony "won" regardless of anything else, and it's squaresoft

  8. #2248
    New Odin
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    8,825
    BG Level
    8

    So no live stream of SE conference anywhere? Faaail.

  9. #2249
    ▲
    ▲▲

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    6,801
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Pikarya Saisei
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    Quote Originally Posted by rezn0r View Post
    and it's squaresoft
    http://i39.tinypic.com/53qqkh.jpg

  10. #2250
    Ker
    Ker is offline
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,571
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

    I was very impress by MS+Sony press conference but sony winning by far and or nintendo worse shit nothing new and i'm sick of them milking mario etc to death were are the new IP? I blame the nintendo fanboys

  11. #2251
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    3,954
    BG Level
    7

    I loved Mario Galaxy. I'll gladly take a MG2.

  12. #2252
    They call me Lord Null for a reason.
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,933
    BG Level
    8

    I just went back and started reading where I left off when I went back to work last night. Suddenly I get to a point where for three straight pages every post burst into "OMG FFXIV?????????????????" and then for two pages after that "Was that a galka???" and then after that "FFXI is dead".

    Possibly the funnest thing I've ever read.

  13. #2253
    My Little Ixion
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    8,016
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Olorin Bustyoas
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

    Quote Originally Posted by Hyan View Post
    So no live stream of SE conference anywhere? Faaail.
    It's today at 11AM (2PM East coast, I think..)

  14. #2254
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,514
    BG Level
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by Olo401 View Post
    It's today at 11AM (2PM East coast, I think..)
    So is that going to be on the gametrailer's site? or the E3 site?

  15. #2255
    ▲
    ▲▲

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    6,801
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Pikarya Saisei
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    Quote Originally Posted by Mistress Stowastiq View Post
    So is that going to be on the gametrailer's site? or the E3 site?
    gametrailers, ign, g4, etc.

  16. #2256
    New Odin
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    8,825
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Hiroko View Post
    gametrailers, ign, g4, etc.
    I've heard that they don't stream SE conference?

  17. #2257
    CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    7,994
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

    G4 at the very least are covering it on TV and on the site. Not sure about other sites.

  18. #2258
    Tyven's Xbax Fren
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,736
    BG Level
    6
    WoW Realm
    Korgath

    Quote Originally Posted by Okan View Post
    THERE IS NO FUCKING WINNERS AT E3.
    The winners of E3 are the consumers, because there is so much cool new stuff coming out (YMMV)

  19. #2259
    They call me Lord Null for a reason.
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,933
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiarax View Post
    G4 at the very least are covering it on TV and on the site. Not sure about other sites.
    Not showing up on my G4 schedule.

  20. #2260
    CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    7,994
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

    Quote Originally Posted by Null View Post
    Not showing up on my G4 schedule.
    E3 Media, E3 Press Coverage, E3 Press Conferences - G4tv.com

    Says they're covering it on the site. TV-wise I'm just going by what a friend said, since I don't get G4 here in Europe I can't look myself. One would assume they'll show it on TV if they're showing it online.

Page 113 of 140 FirstFirst ... 63 103 111 112 113 114 115 123 ... LastLast