give me ZOE3![]()
give me ZOE3![]()
I'm a bit lost. Was Lost Planet 2 capcom's big surprise game for the show?
*cough* Just to correct folks.. during the FFXIV Q&A session, it was a SHE, not a HE who asked about, "Will Square respond to players' feedback like they did in FFXI to make their lives in the game easier?"
She had to reword the original question, since I told my wife to ask "Has Square learned their lessons with FFXI and plan on listening to the player community more as far as input is concerned when implementing changes?"
She was the perfect person to ask the question, as she was gungho excited about FFXI and her tarutaru WHM until COP missions drained the excitement out of the game.
Agreed. CoP, even if it was way harder before they gimped the fuck out of it, was the most fun in the game I had.
Perhaps, but for every person who enjoyed CoP, there were/are just as many or more who ended up quitting and/or hating SE because of it. It's easy to brush aside something that happened years ago.. but it doesn't mean it didn't happen.
I enjoyed the difficulty of the CoP missions. I had a static group of like 6-9 people so we had to redo the same missions over multiple times, I don't remember this being too much of a big deal though. Accomplishing something like CoP with a group of friends probably just made it easier to deal with. Not to mention we did it casually only one day a week, so we didn't wear ourselves out trying to do it all in a week. The best thing about it was the fact that the reward(access to sea, CoP ring, + w/e else) was definitely worth the effort, which was a rare case in FFXI.
Worst thing about CoP was that blasted Snoll Tzar. hurr pun.
Worst part was spamming shouts for hours then getting stuck with a bunch of retards and spending all day and all your meds failing only to "give it a try" with your mates and get through first time, making you wonder just how retarded the rest of the player base was.
CoP was awesome, great story and fights. The biggest problem I found with FFXI was the players.
True. The thing I found hard was obtaining gear when those who played continuously (read: student skipping classes or unemployed) got priority just because they were there constantly.
I began to resent camping HNMs for hours getting gear for others fucking 2nd characters before mine or other friends 1st characters. But it was okay in the rules of the linkshell I was in because we were on a "the more time you put in the more points you get to buy gear"...which is fine, but it's just tough when a handful of folks in your shell do nothing but play FFXI 24/7.
Only thing I hated about CoP was the fucking amounts of cutscenes you had to go through. Was like playing a MGS game, except 100 times worse.
Don't hate on the CS's, they were part of what made CoP good imo.
Well, this page does show that it's impossible to please everyone o_o;
Thinking about it... All the games Sony showed had a tentative release date of between now and June/Spring '10, no? So maybe that's why we didn't see any "vs" footage?
Meaning that vs is farther off than Q2 of 2010?
just my assumption... i mean did they show anything that was dated for later then spring 2010? They said FFXIV will be released after FFXIII, but before 2011... but i'd say FFXIV was the only slight exception just cause it's an mmo and they may still be pushing for a before august release. Interview said beta will be a little longer then FFXI's 3-4 months.
But aside FFXIV (?) everything was pre-fall '10
Lego rock band What the fuck
E3 09 Live Video Game Demos at GameSpot
CoP was great if you had a group to static it with. I did it with my best FFXI friends and had a blast.
I almost got kicked out of my static because I wanted to read/watch every CS, lol. Such an awesome set of missions. Glad I got them done before they got nerfed. So much rage and passion.