Page 15 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 300 of 630

Thread: L4D 2 annouced.     submit to reddit submit to twitter

  1. #281
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,085
    BG Level
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by Leb View Post
    Just saw this;

    Oh please god no, don't let people able to rez teammates.
    Why not? If they get rid of rescue closets, they have to put something in there that makes sense (realism mode). Besides, I'm sure it'll have a time period where you can't do anything and can easily be attacked.

  2. #282
    Love-God among men.
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    3,580
    BG Level
    7

    Yea, I want some more info about realism mode. Sounds. Awesome.

  3. #283
    I'd tap that turian!
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,822
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Quote Originally Posted by thestalkmore View Post
    Yea, I want some more info about realism mode. Sounds. Awesome.
    This. I loved playing campaign mode with friends on expert until we knew the maps like the back of our hands.

  4. #284
    okay guy I guess
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    24,404
    BG Level
    10

    just realized Tank Burger is a reference to Burger Tank
    yeah I'm slow...

  5. #285
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    872
    BG Level
    5

    So it would appear that Realistic isn't actually a higher difficulty, but something that changes certain elements of the game regardless of difficulty.

    Surviving a Campaign on Expert with Realism enabled is probably going to give me nightmares, along with doing all of the new campaigns on Expert. Oh well, I got 1250 in the first, going to get 1000 in this...

  6. #286
    okay guy I guess
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    24,404
    BG Level
    10

    so Australia can only get the edited version, lame
    Australian Ratings Board Refuses Left 4 Dead 2 Appeal - Left 4 Dead 2 - Kotaku

  7. #287
    okay guy I guess
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    24,404
    BG Level
    10


  8. #288
    It's sooo veiny
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    2,327
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Arch Dizzle
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    Quote Originally Posted by Qalbert View Post
    Fucking awesome trailer!

  9. #289
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,475
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by ArchDizzle View Post
    Fucking awesome trailer!
    Couldn't have said it better myself.

  10. #290
    CoP Dynamis
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    276
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

    Wow........ I want my demo now damnit! Fuck waiting til the 27th lol

  11. #291
    I'd tap that turian!
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,822
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    That actually has me pumped up for it again. I was going into L4D2 with "oh new levels woo," but I am digging this.

  12. #292
    Everybody's Favourite Nobody
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    3,199
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

    The trailer was pretty sweet, but I still think I liked L4D's better because it was all one scene, as opposed to several little ones strung together. But I gotta admit, it did help me like the characters a bit more.

    Coach = Bill

  13. #293
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    3,565
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Amelia Diremii
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

    Quote Originally Posted by Metah View Post

    Coach = FatBill
    ftfy

    And yea, the trailer actually made it seem like this may be worth actually buying, we'll see. Still a bit iffy on paying 50$ for another game with the risk of "#3" coming out a year later. I'll try the demo and see how it goes from there, but I better be god damn impressed to want to pay 50$ for it.

  14. #294
    CoP Dynamis
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    276
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

    Quote Originally Posted by Leb View Post
    ftfy

    And yea, the trailer actually made it seem like this may be worth actually buying, we'll see. Still a bit iffy on paying 50$ for another game with the risk of "#3" coming out a year later. I'll try the demo and see how it goes from there, but I better be god damn impressed to want to pay 50$ for it.
    Idk if it's just me but I don't care if a new one comes in a year. I wouldn't consider myself wasting 60 bucks on this game if another came out next year. And NO my parents don't buy me my games anymore. Just look at Madden and COD. They both have a new game coming out every year yet you hear no one bitch. If a developer works on a game for a year and thinks it's done...then so be it. LFD2 is gonna be great and if LFD3 comes out next year...I know what i'll be buying next year

  15. #295
    I'd tap that turian!
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,822
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    I still never really got the "$50 for #3 next year" argument. I concede that your perception of value may be different than mine, but I got almost 400 hours of gameplay out of L4D1 before I stopped playing (well, rather my clan friends stopped playing with other people.) Most of the time I sit here trying to justify 50 or 60 dollars on a game I might get anywhere from 10-40 hours out of depending on the single-player. A lot of people might be pissed about a yearly installment game, but come on.

    Hell, I spent $100 on fallout 3 and got maybe 80 hours total. Maybe, MAYBE Deus Ex might touch L4D in terms of time played since I played the hell out of that at release and play it once or twice a yaer for shits and giggles. That game is nearly 10 years old though. And I know SP to MP is always a factor when considering value. Some of the better games (Modern Warfare) only kept me playing the MP for a couple months before I finally went "meh." That game might be up there in how much I played, but it's still nowhere near 400 hours. (And everyone's individual MP experience will vary, I know.)

    Like I said, I probably see value in a different way. All I know is I have two games that come close to the time I spent in L4D, one is 10 years old, the other was a MMO (lolFFXI). To be honest if I spent that much time in L4D2 (which entirely depends on the friends I end up playing with, fuck the general community) it'll be money well spent.

  16. #296
    okay guy I guess
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    24,404
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Akucaen View Post
    I still never really got the "$50 for #3 next year" argument. I concede that your perception of value may be different than mine, but I got almost 400 hours of gameplay out of L4D1 before I stopped playing (well, rather my clan friends stopped playing with other people.) Most of the time I sit here trying to justify 50 or 60 dollars on a game I might get anywhere from 10-40 hours out of depending on the single-player. A lot of people might be pissed about a yearly installment game, but come on.

    Hell, I spent $100 on fallout 3 and got maybe 80 hours total. Maybe, MAYBE Deus Ex might touch L4D in terms of time played since I played the hell out of that at release and play it once or twice a yaer for shits and giggles. That game is nearly 10 years old though. And I know SP to MP is always a factor when considering value. Some of the better games (Modern Warfare) only kept me playing the MP for a couple months before I finally went "meh." That game might be up there in how much I played, but it's still nowhere near 400 hours. (And everyone's individual MP experience will vary, I know.)

    Like I said, I probably see value in a different way. All I know is I have two games that come close to the time I spent in L4D, one is 10 years old, the other was a MMO (lolFFXI). To be honest if I spent that much time in L4D2 (which entirely depends on the friends I end up playing with, fuck the general community) it'll be money well spent.
    ilu
    no homo

  17. #297
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    3,565
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Amelia Diremii
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

    Maybe I'm just cheap, then again I don't buy sports games seeing as how you play one, you've played every future release to ever come. I just feel, like a lot fo people do, they I paid 50$ for a beta style game. Yes I got 400+hrs out of L4D1, but still doesn't change how I feel I could be getting ripped off.

  18. #298
    okay guy I guess
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    24,404
    BG Level
    10

    I honestly do not understand that logic. Not trying to start an argument, but if a game (even if it is a 'beta') gives you that much gameplay, how is it in any way a ripoff?

  19. #299
    Love-God among men.
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    3,580
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Leb View Post
    Maybe I'm just cheap, then again I don't buy sports games seeing as how you play one, you've played every future release to ever come. I just feel, like a lot fo people do, they I paid 50$ for a beta style game. Yes I got 400+hrs out of L4D1, but still doesn't change how I feel I could be getting ripped off.
    What is this I don't even.

    Akucaen pretty much hit the nail on the head.

  20. #300
    BG Staff
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    27,188
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Page 15 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. L4D Creator's new FPS is "wild"
    By Fallyn in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 2011-06-12, 22:00
  2. BG L4D VERSUS TONIGHT 07/07
    By Vandole in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 2009-07-10, 11:51
  3. BG Forum L4D Versus Tonight!
    By Vandole in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 123
    Last Post: 2009-05-10, 21:14
  4. BG L4D NOW
    By thestalkmore in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 2009-02-09, 00:36