Page 20 of 32 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast
Results 381 to 400 of 630

Thread: L4D 2 annouced.     submit to reddit submit to twitter

  1. #381
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,056
    BG Level
    6

    Got the 360 .iso to work and hell yeah awesome new physics but jesus the demo is short. I only played single player so far but I'm hoping the versus makes it worth playing the demo over and over again.

  2. #382
    It's sooo veiny
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    2,327
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Arch Dizzle
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    Quote Originally Posted by Jedimasta View Post
    Got the 360 .iso to work and hell yeah awesome new physics but jesus the demo is short. I only played single player so far but I'm hoping the versus makes it worth playing the demo over and over again.
    No versus in the demo. And ya found the magnum in my 2nd playthrough and was quite impressed, and fucking chargers come around corners outta nowhere.

  3. #383
    Teamkiller of the House of Weave
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    870
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Korgath

    Awesome demo, only thing is I think my comp is barely going to be able to play it... was anyone else's videos in the demo glitching like poo, everytime it got to coach talking it kept st-st-st-st-st-st-st-stay i-i-i-indoors.

  4. #384
    /lick
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,226
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Srs Bsns
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Demo's kind of fun.

    I like the Crash Course-esque spread of weapons and throwables.
    I like the variety of weapons more than I thought I would, but I wish some of the cool weapons (e.g. D. Eagle) were more useful, I think dualies will be the smarter choice than a high-power low-capacity pistol you can only have 1 of.
    I like the physics improvements (but I still say they were unnecessary and Valve could've just released DLC for L4D, fuck XBox gamers, no one cares about them anyway).
    I like the melee weapons, especially the gag ones like the guitar and the frying pan.
    Spitter seems interesting, lots of tactical potential there.

    I don't like the new characters (voice spams in L4D2 are going to be much worse than L4D1).
    I don't like the more cartoony feel.
    I don't like the Jockey or the Charger (both gave me the initial feel they'll be more annoying than they're worth in Versus).
    I really don't like the location of the alarm button, going to be a nasty versus chokepoint.

    I'm curious to see how the bile bomb will actually play, it doesn't seem all that useful on first inspection.

    The changes in shotgun ammo capacity confuse me. Autoshotty definitely needed a decrease to give people incentive to use other weapons, pump didn't need its ammo halved.

  5. #385
    Love-God among men.
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    3,580
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Amastacia View Post
    Demo's kind of fun.

    I like the Crash Course-esque spread of weapons and throwables.
    I like the variety of weapons more than I thought I would, but I wish some of the cool weapons (e.g. D. Eagle) were more useful, I think dualies will be the smarter choice than a high-power low-capacity pistol you can only have 1 of.
    I like the physics improvements (but I still say they were unnecessary and Valve could've just released DLC for L4D, fuck XBox gamers, no one cares about them anyway).
    I like the melee weapons, especially the gag ones like the guitar and the frying pan.
    Spitter seems interesting, lots of tactical potential there.

    I don't like the new characters (voice spams in L4D2 are going to be much worse than L4D1).
    I don't like the more cartoony feel.
    I don't like the Jockey or the Charger (both gave me the initial feel they'll be more annoying than they're worth in Versus).
    I really don't like the location of the alarm button, going to be a nasty versus chokepoint.

    I'm curious to see how the bile bomb will actually play, it doesn't seem all that useful on first inspection.

    The changes in shotgun ammo capacity confuse me. Autoshotty definitely needed a decrease to give people incentive to use other weapons, pump didn't need its ammo halved.
    Thoughts:

    -Deagle rocks
    -I would buy this game if all that was in it were the new physics and melee weapons
    -Hopefully spitter will fix survival
    -Somewhat agreed. I like Nick a lot though.
    -Charger gave us one the most hilarious moments I've ever seen in L4D last night. Daedalus and his friend were last two left and right about to be at the safe room with no zombies in sight. Daedalus' friend tk'd him (I was in 3rd person mode watching him) and then right as he passed in front of the last bus right next to the safe room a charger came out of NOWHERE and crushed him. Was absolutely hilarious. I think both the Jockey and the Charger will be under utilized by AI because the AI just isn't that tactical but if you get a coordinated team on versus who can get a Jockey on someone after a boom, it'll be very useful.
    -Nasty is better, I like my games hard.
    -Yea, I don't know how awesome the bile bomb is, but it's a lot of fun. If they made it do a small amount of damage it would be great.
    -Shotgun has always had wayyyyyy too much ammo.

  6. #386
    I'd tap that turian!
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,822
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Jockey and Charger definitely seem like something you'd coordinate with the boomer if they're player controlled. (I haven't read that they're NPC or player controlled in versus either way.)

    -Charger gave us one the most hilarious moments I've ever seen in L4D last night. Daedalus and his friend were last two left and right about to be at the safe room with no zombies in sight. Daedalus' friend tk'd him (I was in 3rd person mode watching him) and then right as he passed in front of the last bus right next to the safe room a charger came out of NOWHERE and crushed him
    God that was hilarious. Waffle did it out of love though.

  7. #387
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,106
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Thulius Deorum
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by Amastacia View Post
    The changes in shotgun ammo capacity confuse me. Autoshotty definitely needed a decrease to give people incentive to use other weapons, pump didn't need its ammo halved.
    Ammo was never a concern at all if you picked the shotgun in the first game, they definitely needed less.

    From what I've seen they did a much better job in balancing the weapons this time around. With melee fatigue automatic weapons are at a disadvantage at close range but increased ammo gives them the longevity that they sorely lacked in the first game. To offset that, melee weapons provide a great alternative up close. Shotguns are also a lot less hurrdurr now. The decrease in capacity forces you to aim more carefully and actually make use of your pistols from time to time.

    I haven't used any of the sniping weapons yet though, not sure how much those have changed.

  8. #388
    Love-God among men.
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    3,580
    BG Level
    7

    Played around with the sniper, and I still don't see it ever being useful ;/

  9. #389
    It's sooo veiny
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    2,327
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Arch Dizzle
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    ^ Same, didn't seem any different from 1. I feel like "The fully loaded Combat Rifle" should have some zoom function tho.

  10. #390
    Puppetmaster
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    52
    BG Level
    2
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    Is it wrong that every time I shoot the magnum my penis gets a bit harder? Also as TSM said, I'm really enjoying dismembering things. Shot one zombie (thought in the head) but apparently I shot him in the jaw from the side...so the bottom part of his mouth was gone but he was still charging me. Fucking awesome.

  11. #391
    LazyShell
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,903
    BG Level
    6

    That charger moment was definitely the highlight of the night. I had the same vantage point as tsm, it was truly awesome. Watched him get the pk off right by the bus and just as the camera swung around and he was a foot outside the safe room, charger out of nowhere. Looked so good, I'm really liking the charger.

    Picking between melee weapons and the d.eagle is going to be hard. When you are cornered or stuck on your own, a guitar can be fucking amazing at saving the day. The deagle on the other hand destroys in lighter situations saving lots of primary ammo. Also, the deagle is awesome if you are incap'd - gives you a lot more firepower for ground cover then you'd normally have.

    (btw, 1000th post. Only took 5 years.)

  12. #392
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    805
    BG Level
    5

    bile bombs are awesome. They work similar to pipe bombs, except that you can cover any infected(or other players, i think) with it, and all the common infected will go after them. Otherwise it just makes a green cloud which they all run to and hump.

    Love the Charger, can't wait to play it in Versus.

    Looooove the combat shotgun and the new handguns. Melee weapons are cool but I prefer pistols, until I can use a chainsaw. :D

  13. #393
    LazyShell
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,903
    BG Level
    6

    First bile bomb we had no idea what it did. I just happened to use it for the perfect purpose though, hit a tank dead on with it. Daedalus's attempts to match my success by using it on a witch was not as fruitful, but it was much much funnier.

  14. #394
    I'd tap that turian!
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,822
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Quote Originally Posted by Moosey View Post
    bile bombs are awesome. They work similar to pipe bombs, except that you can cover any infected(or other players, i think) with it,
    Doesn't work on players. Tried that last night for shits and giggles, and it just brought a general horde. the person wasn't "boomed."

  15. #395
    Love-God among men.
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    3,580
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by geno View Post
    First bile bomb we had no idea what it did. I just happened to use it for the perfect purpose though, hit a tank dead on with it. Daedalus's attempts to match my success by using it on a witch was not as fruitful, but it was much much funnier.
    "HAHA GUYS! GUYS! GUYS IM GOING TO USE IT ON THE WITCH!"
    *Throws*
    "HAHA THE HORDE IS GOING TO OWN HER!"
    "Wait, where is the horde? OH GOD SHE'S RUNNING FAST AT ME. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"

  16. #396
    Resident Moogle
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    13,217
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Does L4D2 run faster for anyone else? I'm just curious if they optimized the game, or the fact the demo levels were daytime meant not having to deal with shadows being casted everywhere for flashlights....

    Smooth as butter @ 1920x1200 with everything cranked 'cept MSAA. <3

  17. #397
    Ranger
    9900klub

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    9,976
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries
    12

    HOLY SHIT AT REALISM MODE
    WITCHES WALKIN AROUND AND SHIT
    FUUUUUUUUUUU
    Video: Left 4 Dead 2's Realism Mode

  18. #398
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,085
    BG Level
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by Sonomaa View Post
    HOLY SHIT AT REALISM MODE
    WITCHES WALKIN AROUND AND SHIT
    FUUUUUUUUUUU
    Video: Left 4 Dead 2's Realism Mode
    Witches walk around during the daylight maps in non-realism mode modes.

    EDIT: There are a TON of witches at the sugar mill in the hard rain map. Doesn't matter what mode.

  19. #399
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,085
    BG Level
    6

    Fuck I can't load the demo up on PC. It shows a dos type window then closes. Tried defragging and verifying files, no go. Any ideas?

  20. #400
    Resident Moogle
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    13,217
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Shut down Steam and reload it. Happened to me too.

Page 20 of 32 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. L4D Creator's new FPS is "wild"
    By Fallyn in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 2011-06-12, 22:00
  2. BG L4D VERSUS TONIGHT 07/07
    By Vandole in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 2009-07-10, 11:51
  3. BG Forum L4D Versus Tonight!
    By Vandole in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 123
    Last Post: 2009-05-10, 21:14
  4. BG L4D NOW
    By thestalkmore in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 2009-02-09, 00:36