Page 105 of 154 FirstFirst ... 55 95 103 104 105 106 107 115 ... LastLast
Results 2081 to 2100 of 3071

Thread: Battlefield 3     submit to reddit submit to twitter

  1. #2081
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,519
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Zettai Ryouiki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

    Speaking of the MAV, some people are getting really proficient at running people over with it:



    And it's hilarious. I feel like I'm the only one shooting these things down. I even spot them and no one ever bothers to shoot at them. You figure people would see the MAV icon on their minimap and be like "oh hey, maybe I should kill that so that the enemy team doesn't see all of our positions on the minimap and flank us" but sadly that never happens.

  2. #2082
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,321
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Meliadoul Tinjeru
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    My MAV only gets shot down when their entire team notices me destroying them with it one by one. I can get whole groups of people to shoot in the air at me while I bob and weave, which is great because if they're doing that then they're not going after objectives.

  3. #2083
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    648
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    which one is stronger pdw-r vs p90 ?

  4. #2084
    BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    34,889
    BG Level
    10

    I think the PDW is stronger but the P90 is faster.

  5. #2085
    Gave 5$ to bg and all I could think of was this lousy title.
    -____-

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,695
    BG Level
    6

    Ok I finally got the game and I need a partner for Co-op on PC I finished it on hard but I need to redo them on normal and easy for unlocks, any taker? After that it's multiplayer time.

  6. #2086
    BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    34,889
    BG Level
    10

    I can make some run throughs if you are on late. I'm about 100,000 away from the G3.

  7. #2087
    BG Staff
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    27,188
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Sylph


  8. #2088
    BG Content
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    70,411
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries
    9

    Earlier this year, EA announced that PlayStation 3 owners would be receiving Battlefield 1943 with their purchase of Battlefield 3, free of charge. Now, since not following through with that promise, several PS3 owners have filed a class action lawsuit against EA, claiming they didn’t receive what was promised to them.

    Some would argue that a proper replacement was put in place, given that PS3 owners get one week early access to any and all Battlefield 3 DLC to come. However, the firm representing the group does not find that to be a suitable compromise. In fact, their request is not that of monetary compensation, but merely free copies of Battlefield 1943, as originally promised by EA.

    Edelson McGuire, head of the firm, alledges that EA ”misled and profited from thousands of their customers by making a promise that they could not, and never intended, to keep”.

    However, the group isn’t as upset over the retraction of the offer as they are over the manner in which it was executed. In what the group calls a “shoddy makeup deal”, players were told over Twitter that Battlefield 1943 wouldn’t be included with the game, but would receive early access to Battlefield 3 content a week early.

    Not the best stunt for your PR to pull right after a game launch.

    That seems like a lot of trouble to go through for a $15 downloadable title from PSN, especially since it’s a game from summer 2009. While free games might seem stupid to go to court over, it has its justifications. Customers were promised an incentive to purchase software on a specific platform, and many followed suit. It’s good for the publisher, not so much for the gamer.

    Sure is a nice way to sour what should have been considered a successful launch for Battlefield 3.
    http://www.insidegamingdaily.com/201...to-ps3-owners/
    http://kotaku.com/5860729/ea-being-t...efield-promise
    https://twitter.com/#!/Battlefield/s...67590423592961

  9. #2089
    BG Content
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    70,411
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries
    9

    A follow-up to the banhammer EA article I previously posted

    http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6050/...80052c32_b.jpg

    The last few days have seen some interesting activities on the part of Electronic Arts in relation to Battlefield 3 and its users. On Monday, we learned they were banning and stat-wiping “boosters,” users who were grinding their XP way up thanks to a very easy-to-exploit bug that EA hasn’t yet patched. Then on Tuesday, we reported that forum users whose discussions weren’t family friendly were getting banned from the forums—and their Origin accounts entirely.

    Well, according to a post on Rock Paper Shotgun today, it seems as though EA is starting to take note of what some fans believe to be some pretty harsh moves. After several inquiries on RPS’s part, John Reseburg, a representative from EA’s Corporate Communications had this to say:

    “With every game and service EA offers, we take the satisfaction of our customers very seriously. We discourage cheating and strive to maintain a high level of integrity in both our games and our forums. Therefore when someone violates our Terms of Service, we are forced to take actions that can include suspensions and other measures. We do not take those decisions lightly—however the integrity of our services and the satisfaction of our customers requires a clear set of rules. We have listened to our customers and are planning a policy update which will include more equitable rules on suspensions— we want to make sure the time fits the crime. As with all technology updates, these changes take some time to implement. Meanwhile, we urge any user with a question about suspensions or our policies to please contact us at (866) 543-5435 so we can address their specific situation.”
    As the post points out, the bans that have been reported haven’t been for cheating, so that part of the response is kind of missing the target. The bans came as a result of two things. One was gamers utilizing an unfixed bug in EA’s game—not any kind of cheating on the part of the gamers. Grimy? Yes, but no grimier than failing to go back to the supermarket after they forget to scan your box of Captain Crunch. It’s like that bit in Monopoly: “Bank Error in Your Favor” is the best. The other thing was just the perceived offensiveness of certain words, some of which are very questionable as to their inappropriateness—and this wasn’t even in the game itself.

    But what’s important here is that it sounds like EA’s starting to take a look at the way their actions have been affecting their reputation among gamers. While it’s within EA’s rights to protect their game and their property, if gamers continue to gripe about all the rules in their fantasy shooting game that they don’t like, they won’t come back.
    http://www.insidegamingdaily.com/201...ammer-timeout/
    http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011...r-ea-responds/

  10. #2090
    Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    58,128
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

    need to play this tonight...fantasy football blows goats and i need to take out my rage on people

  11. #2091
    Caesar Salad
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    32,088
    BG Level
    10

    lets roll cail

  12. #2092
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    132
    BG Level
    3
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

    Kinda new to pc gaming Just found out last night that turning windows aero off is way better for gaming, got a huge increase in fps. Left click shortcut > properties > compatibility tab > check disable desktop composition.

  13. #2093
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,519
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Zettai Ryouiki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis



    I fucking lost it at 3:28.

  14. #2094
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,321
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Meliadoul Tinjeru
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    I finally got hate mail for killing someone with the MAV.
    Viper825: u fucking pussy go get a real kill you fucking troll

    I think I might take a picture of it and hang it on my fridge. I guess killing him eight times with it was a bit too much for him to handle.

    edit: omg, just watched the video and the part where the sniper trash gets knocked off the crane by the MAV is freaking hilarious.

  15. #2095
    BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    34,889
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Asilius View Post
    Kinda new to pc gaming Just found out last night that turning windows aero off is way better for gaming, got a huge increase in fps. Left click shortcut > properties > compatibility tab > check disable desktop composition.
    No shit. I need to try that man, thanks.

  16. #2096
    Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    58,128
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

    plan on playing all day if any1 wants to join on brobox either multi or coop

  17. #2097
    2600klub
    I donated 5 bucks and all I got was this shitty title from Zet

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    2,688
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    I have NO IDEA how to control the MAV. What the fuck. It seems to use the "on foot" controls since my flight controls do nothing for it ... but the only keys that work are my strafe left/right keys, jump (which makes it hover for a second?...) and move forward/backward. However, when I move, the fucking thing just goes roly-poly or some shit and rolls around on the ground. What am I doing wrong?? lol.

    (admittedly, I only tried for a short time before giving up)

  18. #2098
    Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    58,128
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

    aamtrac spawns are such bs

  19. #2099
    Caesar Salad
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    32,088
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Cail View Post
    plan on playing all day if any1 wants to join on brobox either multi or coop
    You gonna be on around 2pm est? I'm going out for lunch but ill be back then.

  20. #2100
    Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    58,128
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

    should be

Page 105 of 154 FirstFirst ... 55 95 103 104 105 106 107 115 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Battlefield 2142
    By Insanecyclone in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 125
    Last Post: 2011-02-17, 19:35