Page 139 of 154 FirstFirst ... 89 129 137 138 139 140 141 149 ... LastLast
Results 2761 to 2780 of 3071

Thread: Battlefield 3     submit to reddit submit to twitter

  1. #2761
    Dayman
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    365
    BG Level
    4
    FFXIV Character
    Tsuneo Okumura
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Odin

    I'd probably play again if they just toned down suppression. It pisses me off how the person shooting at me can miss, but I will still end up dead because they shot first.

  2. #2762
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,519
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Zettai Ryouiki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis



    HYMENSMASHER420

  3. #2763
    I am by far the worst poster in most threads, including Olroy and Mazmaz. I go from 0 to Mad in 0.6 seconds. Also, 8==============D
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    3,106
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

    Quote Originally Posted by Tsuneo View Post
    I'd probably play again if they just toned down suppression. It pisses me off how the person shooting at me can miss, but I will still end up dead because they shot first.
    this is EXACTLY my problem with the suppression. before it was less about who shot first and more about who was the best shot.. it's why I liked it so much more than the god damned COD series that's been pumped down our throat for the last 3 years.. don't like twitch shooters I want a chance to be able to "turn" on someone

  4. #2764
    New Merits
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    244
    BG Level
    4

    I've noticed a massive increase in people panic knifing as well, more or less like COD... I've had people miss their entire clips at me, then run up close and knife me. Though maybe I should stop sucking at using bolt action's in CQB

  5. #2765
    New Spam Forum
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    121
    BG Level
    3
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezek View Post


    HYMENSMASHER420
    That video is so much awesome wrapped up into 3 minutes. I've been looking for someone to post a video like this since Battlefield 3 came out. Its a perfect example of what the LMG was originally designed to do. Keep the fire on your enemies while your squad pushes forward. Empty the 200 round magazine if you have to, just keep firing and moving forward, find a better spot, deploy the bipod, go to town again. If you die, so what? There's 10 assault-medics on your team that would love to revive you. Just keep the damn fire going until you run dry. If your team doesn't have the Bravo capture point, your team is going to lose.

    Granted, in real life, the LMG would overheat under constant fire. Regardless, its sure nice to see someone use the LMG correctly.

    As for the extra suppression in normal rifles, it hasn't seemed to effect how well I perform. Sure my screen gets blurry, but I play it smart, don't panic, burst fire, and I usually come out the victor even if I didn't get the first shot off. If anything its helped me rather than hindered me. To me it feels realistic, because if I had bullets whizzing by my head, I'd probably squint and wince, hence making my vision blurry. Especially if they were high caliber bullets like the 7.62 NATO or the .338 Lapua Magnum. Cuts the air so hard, the sound is disorienting.

  6. #2766
    I am by far the worst poster in most threads, including Olroy and Mazmaz. I go from 0 to Mad in 0.6 seconds. Also, 8==============D
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    3,106
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

    people are acting like assault rifles should behave like SMGs for CQC what games are you people used to that you couldn't pick people off at med-long range with ARs?

  7. #2767
    Daddy Warbucks
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,371
    BG Level
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by Tweek View Post
    this is EXACTLY my problem with the suppression. before it was less about who shot first and more about who was the best shot.. it's why I liked it so much more than the god damned COD series that's been pumped down our throat for the last 3 years.. don't like twitch shooters I want a chance to be able to "turn" on someone
    Yeah this is true, the suppression is definitely too much as of now since it rewards spraying and makes it more about who sees who first rather than who has better aim and can handle recoil better.

  8. #2768
    I am by far the worst poster in most threads, including Olroy and Mazmaz. I go from 0 to Mad in 0.6 seconds. Also, 8==============D
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    3,106
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

    don't get me wrong... I can handle recoil... I can shoot an LMG I tap the fuck out of it but when I play with my ARs in my games I don't want to feel like I'm shooting a jumpy ass SMG or LMG I want precision with the ability to shoot at long range I felt the G36C and the F2K was perfect with foregrip only (no silencer pre-patch or heavy barrel or flash suppressor) and I just don't feel like adjusting to the game after investing so many hours. I don't feel like relearning how to shoot the guns =\ that in addition to the weirdness of the suppression i'm just fine with moving on to another game. the bad part is no FPS coming out for quite some time look even decent to me I quit COD series after mw2 the only thing that looks kinda promising is Dust 514

  9. #2769
    Resident Gestapo
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,762
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

    Quote Originally Posted by Tweek View Post
    people are acting like assault rifles should behave like SMGs for CQC what games are you people used to that you couldn't pick people off at med-long range with ARs?
    I think it's just going to be a case where you're going to have to get used to it. I picked it back up last night (after a 3 week break) and noticed the changes instantly. It feels a bit looser with groupings at longer distance and so I played around with it a bit. I notice the bullet drop hasn't really changed much so I dropped a line just under and to the left of where I normally aim and got a headshot at a pretty decent distance. It took about 3 or 4 hours of practice but it hasn't really incapacitated me to the point of where you describe it.

    For someone who shoots regularly in real life and has been in combat a few times, I feel it's a bit more realistic. Nothing made me more pissed off than seeing someone with iron sights picking off guys from 100-200 yards. Don't get me wrong: you will encounter people out there in the world that are just that good with a rifle that they can snipe perfectly without a scope but there's so many factors that go in to a good shot that doesn't translate well to a game (i.e. wind direction, condition of the gun, the shakes and dust/debris flying in to your eyes, etc.). Now it feels a bit more that you have to rely more on suppression and good tactics to move up the advance (like in a real firefight). I know this is a bad example but in any war movie, did you see a soldier just popping people left and right without any problem and without proper backup (Commando doesn't count)? The general rule of thumb is put suppressing fire on the enemy position to keep them focused on you while a runner or scout flanks or jumps to a better position to get a better angle and kills the shooters. Leap-frogging and shuffle offense is key to advance and this recent change just shows they're trying to make it more skill oriented and team communicating being essential to getting past choke points, rather than shoving a few rounds down the field and headshotting everyone cause you're just that badass.

    Also: fuck tank fixes. I loved being able to jump in a tank and turning any battle from 0 to hero with it. Now I gotta start flying those fucking whirly-birds.

  10. #2770
    Caesar Salad
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    32,124
    BG Level
    10

    Is there a reason why I can't lock on a mav with a stinger any more? Its been ages since I played..

  11. #2771
    Caesar Salad
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    32,124
    BG Level
    10

    Ok wtf, I hate this game now =(

  12. #2772
    Smells like Onions
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    9
    BG Level
    0

    I feel like there is still too much wrong with this game for me to buy it :/

  13. #2773
    BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    34,949
    BG Level
    10

    Well, they've made a lot of positive changes to it so far. It's just that some of the things they've "fixed" are in reality "nerfed" and mostly due to people who have zero skill whining too much about it.

  14. #2774
    MOST RAD.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,665
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Pupuru Puru
    FFXIV Server
    Goblin
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    did they change bipod for lmg? i can't get mine to deploy anymore

  15. #2775
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    787
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi


  16. #2776
    Daddy Warbucks
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,371
    BG Level
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by JigglyJam View Post
    did they change bipod for lmg? i can't get mine to deploy anymore
    They let you change the bipod deploy hotkey so maybe you changed it without realizing or something. They also made the deploy criteria a little more strict iirc.

  17. #2777
    I am by far the worst poster in most threads, including Olroy and Mazmaz. I go from 0 to Mad in 0.6 seconds. Also, 8==============D
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    3,106
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

    Quote Originally Posted by kuronosan View Post
    mostly due to people who have zero skill whining too much about it.
    lol what's your BF3 player name hot shot?

  18. #2778

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,068
    BG Level
    6

    We're all friends here, guys. Besides, my dick is the biggest.

  19. #2779
    Daddy Warbucks
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,371
    BG Level
    6

    Looks like they broke the M26 mass now too. If you use a rifle with underslung attachment and heavy barrel, the M26 gets the heavy barrel bonus and can OHKO people at medium range. It's even stronger with the dart attachment, it probably has something like x3-4 the OHKO range of the 870.

  20. #2780
    BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    34,949
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Tweek View Post
    lol what's your BF3 player name hot shot?
    What the hell does that have to do with people whining? I didn't say I'm the greatest BF3 player alive. I said the people complaining about nerfs being needed are generally people who suck at the game.

    Christ.

    And my in-game name is kuroi-san. I could give a fuck if I'm any good or not. Feel free to look at my stats and make fun of me to your heart's content.

Page 139 of 154 FirstFirst ... 89 129 137 138 139 140 141 149 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Battlefield 2142
    By Insanecyclone in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 125
    Last Post: 2011-02-17, 19:35