Page 14 of 154 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 280 of 3071

Thread: Battlefield 3     submit to reddit submit to twitter

  1. #261
    Science Fiction Super Fan
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,053
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

    repost?

  2. #262
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    3,732
    BG Level
    7

    Yeah screw that. Console versions are pretty much gonna get shafted. I mean you can't both limit the amount of players in a game and shrink the maps and still claim the experience wont change. I dunno anymore. I also hated the class system in bad company too and I don't think I'm gonna like it anymore in 3. I can't afford a new pc atm soo yea.

  3. #263
    Caesar Salad
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    32,088
    BG Level
    10

    I feel more like the pc version is just getting more then the console versions getting less. The console maps were already so big, these are likely to be bigger if not just better.

    Also, how can you not expect this? Why do you want a super sized map with fewer people playing on it? It only makes sense that if you are limiting how many people are in a game, that you should also adjust how big the map is as well. I like what they did with BC2, still looking forward to this on xbox (unless I dish out the money for a pc upgrade which I don't think I will be doing soon).

  4. #264
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    3,732
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    I feel more like the pc version is just getting more then the console versions getting less. The console maps were already so big, these are likely to be bigger if not just better.

    Also, how can you not expect this? Why do you want a super sized map with fewer people playing on it? It only makes sense that if you are limiting how many people are in a game, that you should also adjust how big the map is as well. I like what they did with BC2, still looking forward to this on xbox (unless I dish out the money for a pc upgrade which I don't think I will be doing soon).
    It's not that I want big huge maps like in BC2. However, I do like huge games with a lot of people. It's why I stick to Ground War in MW/blops. I like that 32 player atmosphere because it changes the way the game is played. Makes it faster paced and more intense. That's why I said they're shrinking or downsizing on what the console gets. 32 player maps is kind of crucial to me, especially when you consider the game has vehicles. If you're going to retain vehicles yet shrink the map and reduce max players in a game, you are drastically changing the way the game is played. Even if it's not really shrinking and simply reconfiguring the maps to reduce distance, you're still going to have a game with balance issues because it was designed to be bigger and hold more players originally. It's kind of a huge oversight I think.

  5. #265
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,444
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

    I take it back...I don't think my pc can run this game unless it running on low setting which I don't want...I also agree with Shinzon but I also understand why Dice had to do with the consoles version.

  6. #266
    Daddy Warbucks
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,371
    BG Level
    6

    I can't imagine them not limiting the amount of vehicles on the console versions to 1-2 strong vehicles (tanks, jets, helis). If there's any more than that you'll just be fodder if you choose to be an infantryman going up against a team where half the people are in vehicles. The downgrade really doesn't seem that bad to me, it'd be silly to play maps tailor made for 64 people with less than half of that and 24 person games were fine on smaller maps like laguna alta.

  7. #267
    BG Staff
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    27,188
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

    Hi Marc,

    As one of our valued and trusted Battlefield players, we are happy to invite you to participate in the Battlefield 3 Alpha Trial. All the instructions you need to join are printed below.

    We are inviting you specifically because we think you have a great interest in the Battlefield series, and because we think you understand the technical issues that might arise this early in a game's development cycle.

    The purpose of the Battlefield 3 Alpha Trial is to do a number of server-related tests in preparation for game launch, including load testing our back-end. We are also looking to you to provide us with any feedback on the entire Alpha Trial experience.

    Please note that this is not the Open Beta due in September, it's not the Beta promised to buyers of Medal of Honor: Limited Edition and this is not a public demo. This is a highly tech-focused Alpha Trial that does not represent final quality of the game. Performance at this early stage of development will potentially be choppy and far from optimal, and we will bring the servers down at our leisure if needed. There will be periods of downtime and periods when we run tests that will negatively affect the performance on the Alpha Trial servers (leading to lag and rubber banding, etc.).

    The available slots are limited, so make sure to redeem your unique Alpha Trial code before they run out (see instructions below).

    If you choose to join this Alpha Trial, please do not publicly post information, images, videos or your impressions of it. If you have any questions or concerns, please leave your feedback directly to us at DICE in the closed Alpha Trial forum we have set up specifically for this purpose.

    The Battlefield 3 team and I here at DICE are looking forward to your participation.

    Cheers,

  8. #268
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    1,297
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Trent Reznuh
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    just got the email too, pretty pumped

  9. #269
    Caesar Salad
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    32,088
    BG Level
    10

    Does any one here play BC2 on xbox? I'm always looking for more people to play with

  10. #270
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,321
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Meliadoul Tinjeru
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    I got that email like four days ago, but my laptop isn't good enough to run it. :/

  11. #271
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    367
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    I got that email like four days ago, but my laptop isn't good enough to run it. :/
    can i have you key please? pretty pretty please o.o
    with a cherry on top

  12. #272
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,321
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Meliadoul Tinjeru
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    I don't know if I can, it has me log in to my EA account. So it might be tied to it.

  13. #273
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    367
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    I don't know if I can, it has me log in to my EA account. So it might be tied to it.
    have you already used the key?

  14. #274
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,321
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Meliadoul Tinjeru
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    I PM'd you the info, Math, if you didn't see it. I hardly ever notice when I get one.

  15. #275
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    367
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

    i love you. really. i think im in love with you. you make me a happy man

  16. #276
    Daddy Warbucks
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,371
    BG Level
    6

    God damnit, factional only weapons are back

  17. #277
    jmc
    jmc is offline
    BEAHCAT
    BOSTON'S FINEST

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    6,634
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Mith Lothaire
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Cenarius

    Just got a invite for the alpha as well.

    Had to change pants once I saw it.

  18. #278
    A. Body
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,325
    BG Level
    7

    same here, installingggggg

  19. #279
    TSB
    Guest

    My download is about done!!!!

    I'm about to pwn some noobs.

  20. #280
    BG Staff
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    27,188
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Regenerating health for vehicles I hope are just for Alpha. If they're in beta or the full game, oh man.

Page 14 of 154 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Battlefield 2142
    By Insanecyclone in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 125
    Last Post: 2011-02-17, 19:35