Page 82 of 154 FirstFirst ... 32 72 80 81 82 83 84 92 132 ... LastLast
Results 1621 to 1640 of 3071

Thread: Battlefield 3     submit to reddit submit to twitter

  1. #1621
    2600klub
    ǝƃuɐɥɔ ǝlʇıʇ ɥʇ01 ǝɥʇ ǝʞıl sı sıɥʇ ƃɯo ʎuunɟ ƃuıɥʇǝɯos ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ puǝıɹɟ ʇsǝq s,poƃ ǝsɹoɥ ǝɥʇ sı ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    9,098
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Vandole Horsegod
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner



    my stats appear to be worse than i thought, which is really surprising. i don't know how my KDR isnt higher.

    edit: last night i managed to get 1400 points in 1 jet... that was pretty awesome.

  2. #1622
    Teamkiller of the House of Weave
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    870
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Korgath

    http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3...ats/180352879/

    Almost done unlocking everything for jets, sadly guided missiles take about 2-3 runs to destroy a tank/aa gun but man does that explosion sound ever so satisfying. Also making some ass clap with them mortars... except BL didn't track any of the kills with it

    :edit:

    Quote Originally Posted by Arrmani View Post
    I have a question about jets. For those of you that use them, how did you get exp to unlock stuff? AFAIK I only start out with a machine gun and no flares, and the only thing I've been able to shoot down is 1 helicopter. It's really annoying because when I do get into a plane, I end up getting shot down by the other team because he has missiles or someone with a G-A launcher and I lose it with flares.

    I'm having a similar problem with helicopters, but I can at least fly those and know how to use the weapons. I want to be a better pilot, but its hard not having a repair crew or good gunners when you get shot down so fast. On the plus side, I'm not doing too bad with armor.
    Starting out is rough without flares, thankfully they are the first thing that you unlock and you will be quite happy that when you finally do earn the heatseekers/guided missiles you have a better understanding of flying. Use 3rd person view when looking for targets, when engaging in a dogfight with another plane, decrease your speed when banking to get better maneuverability and use your afterburners when going in a straight line (you can outrun most missiles, I say most because I can't seem to outrun the AA guns), also AVOID AA guns when you're starting out. The more experienced jet fighters I have seen so far tend to favor rockets/guided missiles over heatseekers because most people can avoid them at that stage so learning how to use your guns is a benefit.

  3. #1623
    BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    34,883
    BG Level
    10

    I need to get the ATG missiles. My strategy for shooting planes and tanks is to fire missiles and follow up immediately with the chaingun. It never fails to disable or destroy whatever the target is. I already do this on tanks without missiles, so having them could help immensely.

    Personally I feel if you have to make more than one or passes at a target without at least disabling it you're doing it wrong.

    I also find that having somebody spot shit helps a lot. I can't stress that enough... considering I've had people badger me for flying around without doing anything when I can't see any fucking targets.

  4. #1624
    Teamkiller of the House of Weave
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    870
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Korgath

    Well, without the beam scanning it takes about 4-5 seconds for the missile to lock onto the target, and like you said, most of the time no one ever marks ground targets for me so I get one pass to find the ground vehicles and get a missile off then come back to do my next strafe. However, most people driving the tanks don't know if they fire off the IR smoke it resets the tracking, just like flares.

    Also, video tutorial for jet basics.


  5. #1625
    BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    34,883
    BG Level
    10

    That's why I tend to follow up with guns., most people fire then go for a second lock. Not me.

  6. #1626
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    3,313
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    I wish I could even get a damn jet. I flew one maybe once along with a chopper once. I hopped in the tank plenty of times and did great though. I normally choose engineer when using the tank and hop out and fix the bitch myself if it gets damaged. Would be nice if they had someway to practice shit, offline multiplayer even :/

  7. #1627
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,552
    BG Level
    6

    any reason why my loadouts aren't saving on PC, or do you have to redo them every game?

  8. #1628
    New Spam Forum
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    121
    BG Level
    3
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

    I love the atmosphere of this game. The constant sound of gunfire in the distance, the roaring of jets as they fly overhead, the ear-splitting explosions of mortars, the sound of shattering concrete and the fragments landing on the ground, the sound of rockets flying by.

    Still trying to figure a few things out though. Like how does the SOFLAM work? And I have AT rockets equipped on infantry vehicles and scout helicopters, but they don't seem to equip when I get in it, or I'm not sure on how to use them. Finally getting used to the damage curve. I still think its a bit low, but that's just my opinion.

  9. #1629
    Teamkiller of the House of Weave
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    870
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Korgath

    SOFLAM works by painting a target for vehicles that have the laser guided missiles so they can fly by and shoot without having to lock on, so helicopter and jet pilots would love you if they have that equipped.

  10. #1630
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,176
    BG Level
    8

  11. #1631
    okay guy I guess
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    24,387
    BG Level
    10

    people don't know how to play hardcore, goddamn. got teamkilled three times by people freaking out when i ran past them, and one guy who ran into a room 2 seconds after my grenade

  12. #1632
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5,907
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Everyone's kill/death ratio is much higher than mine. I've like 254 kills and 766 deaths. I only ever get assists most of the time ~.~

    It's so annoying; sometimes I even get a 100 kill assist, but someone else gets the kill itself ; ; I thought assists gave points based on how much health you took out, and since 100 health is the max, shouldn't a 100 kill assist be, well, a kill?

  13. #1633
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    3,933
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Serefina Solfyre
    FFXIV Server
    Odin
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    I've seen people survive engagements with 0% Health, so there's probably some decimal point and rounding trickery in there.

  14. #1634
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,544
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Azull Abaddon
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

    I am not much better with 434 kills and 708 deaths. Most of those i think are getting lucky in a tank or whoring out my shotgun.

    I do end up on the losing team a fuckton... right now im at 18 wins in 56 games

  15. #1635
    The Sig...
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    4,934
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    1:1 ratio - personal best just now in rush operation metro : 22-4 2 team kills

  16. #1636
    New Merits
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    235
    BG Level
    4
    FFXIV Character
    Azure Primrose
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

    Quote Originally Posted by Azull View Post
    I am not much better with 434 kills and 708 deaths. Most of those i think are getting lucky in a tank or whoring out my shotgun.

    I do end up on the losing team a fuckton... right now im at 18 wins in 56 games
    It's probably because this is my first ever battlefield game, but I suck so badly at it that it's almost not even fun anymore. I get put on the losing team 60-70% of the time, and can't kill more than 4 or so people a match because my TV isn't good enough to see enemies before it's too late. I'm guessing this is normal given my lack of class/weapon upgrades (still rank 5 I think after like, 5-6 hours of gameplay) in combination with my lack of skill in BF games, but even if I know I won't do well for a while, always losing starts to wear on my ability to want to play this game after a few matches.

    Also, at least on the 360 I have noticed spawning with random squad-mates you are given upon entering the match can often backfire an get you killed. I can't count the number of times I have spawned by someone in my squad, only to be shot to death or blown up by a tank within a second of appearing. Since almost nobody uses mics, they can't tell you they are getting their shit wrecked until it's too late and you get caught in their death trap.

    I will have to try playing on the big HD TV in my other room sometime at night and see if it's any better, since during the day it is in full-blown glare mode with a wall-sized window next to it.

  17. #1637
    Caesar Salad
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    32,083
    BG Level
    10

    Yeah man, like i said earlier i nevervplay unless i have at least one friend on my squad; its just not worth the headache.

    also, you dont need a huge tv, but it does have to be HD, otherwise things are so blurry you can aim worth for shit unless theyre in shotgun range.

  18. #1638
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    3,933
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Serefina Solfyre
    FFXIV Server
    Odin
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by dabis View Post
    Also, at least on the 360 I have noticed spawning with random squad-mates you are given upon entering the match can often backfire an get you killed. I can't count the number of times I have spawned by someone in my squad, only to be shot to death or blown up by a tank within a second of appearing. Since almost nobody uses mics, they can't tell you they are getting their shit wrecked until it's too late and you get caught in their death trap.
    If you look in the background when selecting a squadmate, you can see more or less their point of view and gauge whether spawning there is going to be a deathtrap or not.

  19. #1639
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    648
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    jet question : regular gun or rocket pods as main weapon? heat seekers should be a must

  20. #1640
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,375
    BG Level
    6

    http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3...ats/304812265/

    Ever since I got a flight stick, my score-per-minute has gone down. :<

Page 82 of 154 FirstFirst ... 32 72 80 81 82 83 84 92 132 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Battlefield 2142
    By Insanecyclone in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 125
    Last Post: 2011-02-17, 19:35