Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 297

Thread: True Blood Season 2     submit to reddit submit to twitter

  1. #101
    Bring on the Revolution
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    21,061
    BG Level
    10

    I like the flashback sequence with eric. Brough back memories of Highlander the series.

  2. #102
    My Little Ixion
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    8,016
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Olorin Bustyoas
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

    Just rewatched it and realized who the vamp chick at the very end is - it's the one that made Bill. Fack, where do they plan to go with this..

  3. #103
    We built this city
    We built this city on cock and stooooooone

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    4,616
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

    This episode suffered from a Jessica deficiency. Hoyt answering the phone with "you're talking to the man" was pretty awesome though.

  4. #104
    Celeste
    Guest

    Hoyt is the man, you hapless shitbag.

  5. #105
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    12,621
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

    Quote Originally Posted by Olo401 View Post
    Just rewatched it and realized who the vamp chick at the very end is - it's the one that made Bill. Fack, where do they plan to go with this..
    I am curious also, as their are very loosely following the book and leaving out a lot of awesome moments. Though I did like how the show is showing more of Gabe, he is a real asshole as they made him out to be in the book. I am just bitter over how they portrayed Stan, I wanted to see the green eye'd super dorky character who wore overalls and had the broken glasses, ect... and whose eye's glowed green flames when he got angry. Instead, we got a version of Stan who looked a lot more like Ferrral (from the books), complete w/ staunch Cowboy gettup (as how Ferral was portrayed).

    Don't read spoiler tag unless you want to be really spoiled from not already having read the 2nd book.
    Spoiler: show
    I expect Jason to run into Sookie when she is being held captive... and some exchange will be made and Jason will then realize whats up. Though, is the "church" in the book the boot camp in the show? Cause the weapon storage was kept underground in the Church and it seemed like there was a deeper staircase in Steve's home where he began leading Jason down...


    edit: fixed clarity

  6. #106
    Hydra
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    149
    BG Level
    3
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Elune

    This episode screamed filler and backstories. While I enjoyed learning a bit more about Eric, the Sookie/Bill scenes werent that great. Poor Jason is a tool, being used in so many ways, whetever its by Sarah to get back at her husband, or by Steve being groomed into a vampire-killing machine. The Maryann story needs to pick up the pace now.... its starting to drag.

  7. #107
    alsohawks

    ALL YOU YOUNG HACKEY
    PLAYERS OUT THERE

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    5,960
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Olo401 View Post
    Just rewatched it and realized who the vamp chick at the very end is - it's the one that made Bill. Fack, where do they plan to go with this..
    Were we supposed to realize this when she entered or is this just something people who have read the book know? Didn't recognize her at all, but if it's Season 1 stuff then it's not wonder. lol

    Quote Originally Posted by Eversor View Post
    This episode screamed filler and backstories. While I enjoyed learning a bit more about Eric, the Sookie/Bill scenes werent that great. Poor Jason is a tool, being used in so many ways, whetever its by Sarah to get back at her husband, or by Steve being groomed into a vampire-killing machine. The Maryann story needs to pick up the pace now.... its starting to drag.
    I felt the same way. Once the episode was over I didn't really like much at all had happened; just a lot of reminders that there are lots of mini-romances going on and wondering why they decided to use that terrible pool/rack joke. lol Like, I get it, women get naked.

  8. #108
    My Little Ixion
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    8,016
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Olorin Bustyoas
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

    Quote Originally Posted by Caiyuo View Post
    Were we supposed to realize this when she entered or is this just something people who have read the book know? Didn't recognize her at all, but if it's Season 1 stuff then it's not wonder. lol
    Actually I probably wouldn't have picked it up, but during the "previously on..." thing at the beginning of the episode they showed the flashback scene from the first season where Bill was turned and I was wondering why they did it.. and then I found out.

  9. #109
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    6,903
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

    Quote Originally Posted by Olo401 View Post
    Actually I probably wouldn't have picked it up, but during the "previously on..." thing at the beginning of the episode they showed the flashback scene from the first season where Bill was turned and I was wondering why they did it.. and then I found out.
    Interesting, my torrent doesn't have a "Previously on..." part to it. Wish if they were cutting parts they'd cut out the intro...

  10. #110
    alsohawks

    ALL YOU YOUNG HACKEY
    PLAYERS OUT THERE

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    5,960
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Eaglestrike View Post
    Interesting, my torrent doesn't have a "Previously on..." part to it. Wish if they were cutting parts they'd cut out the intro...
    same, lol hate having to fast-forward through the intro on the 360, always over or under-shoot it. D:

  11. #111
    THIS IS NOT LIVEJOURNAL DOT COM
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    823
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Detheroc

    I love a lot about True Blood. I wasn't into it so much at the beginning (thought the plot dragged quite a bit) but stuck with it at the insistence of some friends. I'm glad I did because I love a lot of what makes each character.

    What I don't love about True Blood (especially lately):


  12. #112
    Spiders are Awesome
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    7,073
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Kytele View Post
    Oh gods I lol'd. So spot-on. Sookie and Bill are the worst characters on the show... also the pace needs to pick up a bit.

  13. #113
    Chram
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    2,537
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    I would argue that Tara is the worst character on the show. All of the scenes that feature her just drag on.

  14. #114
    My Little Ixion
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    8,016
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Olorin Bustyoas
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

    Quote Originally Posted by Kytele View Post
    FUCKIN' LOL!

  15. #115
    Cerberus
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    398
    BG Level
    4

    Quote Originally Posted by Kytele View Post
    I love a lot about True Blood. I wasn't into it so much at the beginning (thought the plot dragged quite a bit) but stuck with it at the insistence of some friends. I'm glad I did because I love a lot of what makes each character.

    What I don't love about True Blood (especially lately):

    LOL this is awesome and so spot on.

    And yeah, I've been enjoying the show quite a bit, but a lot of the Tara-story stuff really, really drags. Especially lately. I hope they wrap this up or do something with it, but I fear that isn't gonna happen until the end of the season.

  16. #116
    Viq
    Viq is offline
    Let's go Red Sox!
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    5,386
    BG Level
    8

    This season as a whole is dragging. Needs more Jessica.

  17. #117
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    12,621
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

    Next episode seems to have plenty'o jessica... Looks like something w/Hoyt also. And unfortunantly, I don't think the Tara and maryaan crap gets resolved this season, but we can all hope maryaan at least becomes interesting?

  18. #118
    Hydra
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    149
    BG Level
    3
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Elune

    Being bored at work and reading wikipedia, I was browsing the episode listings for season and I got a prediction to make...

    Spoiler: show


    "New World in My View" Adam Davidson Kate Barnow & Elisabeth R. Finch August 23, 2009[19] TBA
    Sookie, Bill and Jason return to a Bon Temps turned upside down by Maryann. Bill discovers that traditional vampire techniques don’t work on Maryann; Hoyt and Jessica try to keep a lid on Maxine’s madness; Sookie tries to push through the darkness consuming Tara. With all hell breaking loose, Jason takes the bull by the horns to rescue Sam, at least for the moment.
    I think Jessica is gonna try and glamour Hoyt's mom... and shes gonna fuck it really bad.


  19. #119
    Hydra
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    149
    BG Level
    3
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Elune

    Quote Originally Posted by Eversor View Post
    I'm convinced that the pig is that manservant that Maryann keeps around.
    Looks like I was wrong about that one....

  20. #120
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    3,954
    BG Level
    7

    LOL wow at this episode. Crazy.

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. True Blood Season 5 (June 2012)
    By MaachaQ in forum Bentertainment Geekly
    Replies: 368
    Last Post: 2012-09-05, 14:37
  2. True Blood Season 4
    By Biggie in forum Bentertainment Geekly
    Replies: 703
    Last Post: 2011-11-05, 17:32
  3. True Blood Season 4
    By shiarua in forum Bentertainment Geekly
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 2011-04-04, 14:59
  4. True Blood Season 3
    By Odesseiron in forum Bentertainment Geekly
    Replies: 621
    Last Post: 2010-10-16, 18:22
  5. Sookie Stackhouse (True Blood Books)
    By Manako in forum Bentertainment Geekly
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 2010-05-08, 16:38
  6. HBO: True Blood (New Series) & Entourage (Season 5)
    By Katlan in forum Bentertainment Geekly
    Replies: 172
    Last Post: 2009-04-09, 11:35