So, people lagging has no merit? Do you really think you're the hero just running around and dying, wasting the MP of mages who could spend it on someone else who could actually contribute? That 500-1000 EXP you covet can be easily eclipsed by a single FoV in West Altepa just by killing a few EP spiders and anticans all the way up to that EXP teat you mentioned.
I'm not saying drag-offs never happen, but fuck if I'll have some idiot run a pack toward me, I try to evade, only to run out of this mystery radius and have my ass handed to me for lost EXP. That's about as rich as people thinking SE should've just locked Campaign out from people under 61 in response to /BRD.
And let's not confuse epeen with efficiency. I don't care if it's 3000 EXP or 5000 EXP when the battle ends. What I don't want is to be zone hopping every 5 minutes with the 3-5 minutes of non-fighting in-between because pulling away from NPCs is no longer an option. Does it suck zoning in to a fight that ends instantly? Yes. Would it continue to happen even with these "fixes"? Yes. Is there something you can do if it feels like you're standing around with your thumb up your butt? Yes. SE's response to the indefinite dragging issue was unit deployment having a 1 hour timer. Love it or hate it, there are far more pressing issues in Campaign that can't be solved with exercising a bit of common sense.
XI Wiki



