Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
Page 33 of 46 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 43 ... LastLast
Results 641 to 660 of 910
  1. #641
    A. Body
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,046
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

    Well, a striping lady lilith and lilisette could save it too...>.>

    Anyway, I wonder how strong of a petrify that gaze attack will give, since you know SE loves those "screw players over" TP moves in WoTG areas.

  2. #642
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,076
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Illidan

    Quote Originally Posted by Therin View Post
    How the hell do you get the new .dats to show up in AltanaViewer anyway? I'm new at this.
    Open the list file in notepad and you should be able to tell from there. You type in the file location, then a comma, and then the name of the file.

    As an example:
    222/119,Wotg'Yovra

    That will add the file ROM/222/119.DAT with the name Wotg'Yovra.

  3. #643
    Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    17,291
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by TummieGaruda View Post
    Oh sweet so I can kick a Galka's ass finally? :D

  4. #644
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,033
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

    has the update been hosted anywhere? this download is taking forever Q_Q

  5. #645
    Fake Numbers
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    75
    BG Level
    2
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

    Quote Originally Posted by Kleiner View Post
    that effect looks odd on the walrus.. those are cait siths eyes D:
    That proves it! These are Cait sith that ate too many tarus!

  6. #646
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,646
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Quote Originally Posted by Chen View Post
    has the update been hosted anywhere? this download is taking forever Q_Q
    DL'd by normal means in 1h3m about 3hours ago <_<

  7. #647
    New Merits
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    213
    BG Level
    4

    Quote Originally Posted by Therin View Post
    How the hell do you get the new .dats to show up in AltanaViewer anyway? I'm new at this.
    This, please.

  8. #648
    Lv.99 Mjollnir
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    254
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

    Will it be 5x64 people allowed in Union then, I wonder? >.>

  9. #649
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    5,478
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

    I'm beginning to wonder if bigass dragon guy is in fact the Ampidjigga. The more I look at the .dat files the more I think it might be an HNM.

    It has casting animations, flying animations, attack while flying animations, multi-directional frontal attack animations (with the head in front and either arm on the side), multi-directional tail animations and like 7 second death animation.

  10. #650
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    731
    BG Level
    5

    Quote Originally Posted by TummieGaruda View Post
    I'm guessing this is Count Halphas. He's too pimp not to be a Count.

  11. #651
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,033
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

    Quote Originally Posted by Knyghtmayre View Post
    DL'd by normal means in 1h3m about 3hours ago <_<
    after 1.5hrs i'm at 14% ;/ i have POL issues regularly though

  12. #652
    Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    17,291
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Therin View Post
    I'm beginning to wonder if bigass dragon guy is in fact the Ampidjigga. The more I look at the .dat files the more I think it might be an HNM.

    It has casting animations, flying animations, attack while flying animations, multi-directional frontal attack animations (with the head in front and either arm on the side), multi-directional tail animations and like 7 second death animation.
    A mobs casting/ability animation are the same thing though, all of the mobs have them.

  13. #653
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,272
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Midnightjade Eleven
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Quote Originally Posted by Therin View Post
    I still don't get why people are complaining. Q_Q This is a pretty fantastic update.

    Two new zones (which hasn't happened in years), tons of new missions, lots of great gear, and new monster types which might be awesome. Lookin' at you, Ampidjigga.

    *EDIT* For reference, compare THIS update's equipment to last update's, in which pretty much the only decent thing they added was ACP bodies.
    You could be right. Only way to find out is log in and see, I guess.

  14. #654
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    5,478
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

    Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    A mobs casting/ability animation are the same thing though, all of the mobs have them.
    Ah, okay. Well, we know for sure that this guy attacks with his tail.

  15. #655
    Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    5,882
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

    Quote Originally Posted by Kleiner View Post
    that effect looks odd on the walrus.. those are cait siths eyes D:
    yeah I found the battle Caitsith and her animations. Here's the fixed picture. Seems to inflict Silence and possibly other effects

    http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/j...a/caitsith.jpg

  16. #656
    The Real Cookiemonster
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,842
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

    But be forewarned...
    Mundane metals are soon strained by the arcane forces of our fey spellcraft.
    Thou shouldst not seek more than ≺Numeric Parameter 0≻ enchantments, lest thy prized possession be lost forever...≺Prompt≻
    (from the .dat mining thread).
    Could that be interpreted to mean we can improve the fey weapons with additional augments after the first?

  17. #657
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    640
    BG Level
    5
    FFXIV Character
    Raze Azrael
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Blackrock

    Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    (from the .dat mining thread).
    Could that be interpreted to mean we can improve the fey weapons with additional augments after the first?
    SE said you could repeat the quest for different augments if you didnt like it the first time

  18. #658
    C A P S UNLEASH THE FURY
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    6,936
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Therin View Post
    I'm beginning to wonder if bigass dragon guy is in fact the Ampidjigga. The more I look at the .dat files the more I think it might be an HNM.

    It has casting animations, flying animations, attack while flying animations, multi-directional frontal attack animations (with the head in front and either arm on the side), multi-directional tail animations and like 7 second death animation.
    Regarding this, can somebody recall the way Dark Ixion showed up in the dat mining threads upon its release, and if it's anything similar to what we're seeing here, could it be quite possible this thing just flies between the two zones?

    Also question about STP grip-
    For DRK/SAM who don't have great access to something like white tathlum and don't want to use things like korazin or chiv chain, am I right in assuming this is a wise choice over pole grip? If anyone could share theoretical STP setups that minimize loss of haste/acc/att and maintain the build, would be greatly appreciated, am new to this job in endgame.

    Sorry if these things have been mentioned before, have only partly kept up with the thread due to studying.

    Also about the picture of the walrus with Cait Sith eyes, I am assuming this is a TP move and not from a mission/CS right?
    edit: see the post 2 above mine, question answered. sorry

  19. #659
    Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    5,882
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

    By the way, if someone can tell me via PM how to create a torrent for future updates, I can do it since I had everything downloaded 1 hour after the servers went down.

  20. #660
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    340
    BG Level
    4

    I don't know if this animation belongs to the "Ampithretre(sp?)", maybe you can verify Tummie. It seemed to be really in sync with the model's animation, but idk if the effect already existed or is in fact new.


    http://i573.photobucket.com/albums/s...onster_roa.jpg

Page 33 of 46 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 43 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 355
    Last Post: 2009-04-08, 17:54
  2. ***December Version Update: .DAT Mining Discussion***
    By Pergo in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 341
    Last Post: 2009-01-05, 15:55
  3. Upcoming Version Update (11/20/2006)
    By Not Kuno in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 76
    Last Post: 2006-11-21, 02:05
  4. Future Version Update Scheduling (Jul. 24, 2006)
    By huckster in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 2006-07-24, 11:34