Page 233 of 669 FirstFirst ... 183 223 231 232 233 234 235 243 283 ... LastLast
Results 4641 to 4660 of 13378
  1. #4641
    the elephant whisperer
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,677
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    So...Vitor Belfort is "injured" and can't compete at 122...stepping in is Nate the Great. I say "injured" in quotations because I think this is Dana's way of solving the Sonnen problem. Give the fans the more exciting fight on the super bowl weekend show and hide the boring opponent in the spring sometime.

  2. #4642
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,130
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by noblemountain View Post
    So...Vitor Belfort is "injured" and can't compete at 122...stepping in is Nate the Great. I say "injured" in quotations because I think this is Dana's way of solving the Sonnen problem. Give the fans the more exciting fight on the super bowl weekend show and hide the boring opponent in the spring sometime.
    Didn't take long for my prediction to come true, now did it

  3. #4643
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,130
    BG Level
    7

    Dana on Twitter: "Vitor is not injured. He is going to fight anderson for the title and the winner of marquardt and olkami are next."

  4. #4644
    Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    51,544
    BG Level
    10

    That's awesome news coupled with the CSAC having officially suspended Chael for a year for anabolic steroids. We'll finally see Silva/Belfort as long as they stay healthy.

  5. #4645
    The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    32,666
    BG Level
    10

    good shit

  6. #4646
    I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    26,193
    BG Level
    10

    Everyone wants to see Vitor against Anderson. It's just the better fight. Somebody is getting KTFO that night.

    That said, sucks for Okami though. I think the Vitor fight was easier for him, stylistically, then Nate. Seems like he's always 1 step behind the title shot.

  7. #4647

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    21,993
    BG Level
    10

    Good for Belfort I guess, guy's coming off a loooooong layoff though, by the time of the fight he won't have fought in 15 months, and Anderson Silva isn't the fighter you want to shed your rust off on.

    Still, Belfort is basically the only man in the division who might be able to outstrike him so let's see it.

  8. #4648
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    679
    BG Level
    5

    Quote Originally Posted by Andalusian girls View Post
    Good for Belfort I guess, guy's coming off a loooooong layoff though, by the time of the fight he won't have fought in 15 months, and Anderson Silva isn't the fighter you want to shed your rust off on.

    Still, Belfort is basically the only man in the division who might be able to outstrike him so let's see it.
    Don't say might, he is the only man capable of it. Vitor is a destroyer and gets his power from jesus.

  9. #4649
    I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    26,193
    BG Level
    10

    "I'm expect Jesus, bro, every day."

  10. #4650

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    21,993
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Thuronn View Post
    Don't say might, he is the only man capable of it. Vitor is a destroyer and gets his power from jesus.
    He's capable, but Henderson also has the fury of the Thor in his right hand and it didn't do him much good when he took a shin to the trachea.

    I think Belfort gets picked apart with kicks and rangy, straight punches before he gets frustrated and collapses mentally like he always does when things don't go his way. Or he knocks out Anderson in two minutes.

    should be fun.

  11. #4651
    2600klub
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    5,467
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    I don't get the vitor hype, he's lost to tito ortiz, dan henderson, chuck, saku, couture, overeem, blah.

    19-8 and he's meant to be more than a sporadic performer?

  12. #4652
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    5,667
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Gryffes View Post
    I don't get the vitor hype, he's lost to tito ortiz, dan henderson, chuck, saku, couture, overeem, blah.

    19-8 and he's meant to be more than a sporadic performer?
    no, you see, that was the middle aged vitor who got those losses, new vitor is just like OLD vitor who is actually really good

  13. #4653
    I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    26,193
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg View Post
    no, you see, that was the middle aged vitor who got those losses, new vitor is just like OLD vitor who is actually really good
    lol.

    Honestly though, I think Vitor is one of the few fighters in the world with a legit reason why his mental game plummeted like a stone. I'd be pretty messed up too if my sister was kidnapped by a bunch of gangsters, missing for 3 years, then later found out your worst nightmare is true and she's been dead all those years. I mean, that's 4 years of fucked up guilt and grieving. In comparison, a motorcycle accident that resulted in a broken leg seems pretty weak... I broke my leg at the age of 6. Get over it Mir.

    Plus, Christ is on his side. And we all know Jesus wins every battle.

  14. #4654
    2600klub
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    5,467
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg View Post
    no, you see, that was the middle aged vitor who got those losses, new vitor is just like OLD vitor who is actually really good
    He's had one fast knockout vs rich franklin, since his last loss it's his only non-jobber win.
    If he beats Silva I'll be eating crow I guess but I just see another annihilation. ( or silva loses and retires ).

  15. #4655
    Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    51,544
    BG Level
    10

    I'm more looking forward to Belfort/Silva because it's going to be a slugfest with some of the best strikers in the division.

  16. #4656
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    372
    BG Level
    4

    Soo how about that Bruce Leeroy? that was a nice sub.

  17. #4657
    The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    32,666
    BG Level
    10

    nice sub but terrible fight.

  18. #4658
    Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    51,544
    BG Level
    10

    "I will never tap!" lol

    I also can't believe Koscheck fell for that shit. I busted out laughing hearing GSP tell Dana "eetsa shtragagee!"

  19. #4659
    I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    26,193
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by EckoGecko View Post
    Soo how about that Bruce Leeroy? that was a nice sub.
    Like most karate guys, he's got no wrestling and it's going to be a problem for him later. His bottom game isn't strong enough to give up that much position.

    I was impressed with his balance though.

  20. #4660
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    679
    BG Level
    5

    Quote Originally Posted by Gryffes View Post
    He's had one fast knockout vs rich franklin, since his last loss it's his only non-jobber win.
    If he beats Silva I'll be eating crow I guess but I just see another annihilation. ( or silva loses and retires ).
    Lol, mentioning the Franklin 'fast' KO but no mention to his complete demolishment of Wanderlai Silva, a prime silva I might add.

Page 233 of 669 FirstFirst ... 183 223 231 232 233 234 235 243 283 ... LastLast