Page 325 of 669 FirstFirst ... 275 315 323 324 325 326 327 335 375 ... LastLast
Results 6481 to 6500 of 13378
  1. #6481
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    5,667
    BG Level
    8


  2. #6482

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    437
    BG Level
    4
    FFXIV Character
    Billy Bobe
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

    I am guessing that guy won the fight with some awesome triple kick to the head.

    Seriously though, that had me laughing pretty hard.

  3. #6483
    The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    32,666
    BG Level
    10

    obviously trains with chael

  4. #6484
    I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    26,193
    BG Level
    10

    You just know he pulled off a flying gogoplata in that match.

  5. #6485
    Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    51,525
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by dudeguy View Post
    Whether or not he has beat the best, he's incredibly entertaining in the cage and that's why people want to see him fight. People need to get past 'hurr durr I watch only top10 fighters' and instead watch them for the entertainment once and a while.
    Nah bro, I only watch the classiest top ten fight with a monocle and top hat on.

  6. #6486
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,130
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Hirokei Kiaza View Post
    Nah bro, I only watch the classiest top ten fight with a monocle and top hat on.
    because someone fights mma i have to like them. makes sense bro

  7. #6487
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    5,667
    BG Level
    8

    excellent reasoning

  8. #6488
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,130
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg View Post
    excellent reasoning
    that's the exact same reasoning he's using

    edit; no where did i say i only watch top 10, nor did i say i only watch classy fighers. insinuating i do both off based off of one fighter i dislike is exactly the same as saying i must necessarily like everyone, or be a monocle top hat wearing enthusiast. either that, or its the because you guys hang from his nuts like it's life or death.

    come to think of it, it's probably the later

  9. #6489
    the elephant whisperer
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,677
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by Chips View Post
    that's the exact same reasoning he's using

    edit; no where did i say i only watch top 10, nor did i say i only watch classy fighers. insinuating i do both off based off of one fighter i dislike is exactly the same as saying i must necessarily like everyone, or be a monocle top hat wearing enthusiast. either that, or its the because you guys hang from his nuts like it's life or death.

    come to think of it, it's probably the later
    I think Diaz is a disrespectful little punk, personally. That doesn't change the fact that he is good. I love watching MMA at any level. I go to local and regional shows all the time. I fight at regional shows. I think there's a lot of amazing talent in the sport right now. Just because someone isn't in the UFC or because enough writers don't know their names to make them "top 10" fighters, doesn't mean anything. You picked him out and made comments that you've since backtracked on. Don't get so caught up arguing with people on here that you say things you don't mean and people won't pick you apart.

  10. #6490
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,130
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by noblemountain View Post
    I think Diaz is a disrespectful little punk, personally. That doesn't change the fact that he is good. I love watching MMA at any level. I go to local and regional shows all the time. I fight at regional shows. I think there's a lot of amazing talent in the sport right now. Just because someone isn't in the UFC or because enough writers don't know their names to make them "top 10" fighters, doesn't mean anything. You picked him out and made comments that you've since backtracked on. Don't get so caught up arguing with people on here that you say things you don't mean and people won't pick you apart.
    Except for the fact that my comments were taken from one context to the other (with regards to what MMA I will/will not watch). Here, let me quote myself: first one: "Nick Diaz is such an overrated plug. Just because he can beat guys in the top 30 doesn't mean he'll do well in the UFC. Who's the best name he's beaten? Daley? lol"

    Didn't quote the whole thing, but here's where people were upset, i'm assuming "People are quick to point out that Overeem hasn't beaten anyone of quality, yet rank Diaz top 10. "

    And my third "edit; to end this debate, i will call him a good, exciting fighter, who obviously knows his shit. i was wrong to call him overrated/mediocre, but he's still a plug in my books"

    Where am I backtracking? I called him an overrated plug, because, well, I think he's overrated. The only place I backtracked was in saying he wasn't overrated/was talented, but I said that due to the incessant nagging and nitpicking just to end the debate. But since you guys won't fucking drop it, I'll go on record again saying that sure, he has talent, but he isn't as talented as everyone on here is making him out to be. I'm using the UFC as a point of reference, since hurrrdurrr, the UFC has the best talent in MMA. You can argue until you're blue in the face, but to argue that there is an equal level of talent in an organization compared to the UFC is ridiculous, like I have stated. If Diaz can beat guys like Kampman, Alves, Condit, Sanchez, Koscheck (where I think he loses all those fights, except for maybe Kampman, but even there I think he gets dominated on the feet). Trying to argue that an over the hill Shamrock, a scrappy low-tier fighter like Santos, and a lightweight like Noons (don't argue that Diaz was once/can be a lightweight, last time he fought at that weight he weighed in eight lbs over the limit).

    Now, once again, where have I ever stated I only watch "top 10" or anything non-UFC? This is the only comment that I'm in any sense upset about. I couldn't care less if you guys agree or disagree with me about Diaz being a "top 10," since this is entirely subjective, and this is what this forum is all about. I'll argue my case, which I have done in this post, but I have no idea where this monocle and top hat wearing comments are coming from.


    Edit: "Just because someone isn't in the UFC or because enough writers don't know their names to make them "top 10" fighters, doesn't mean anything." I'll use an example from hockey to counter this point: Yes, there is absolutely talent outside of the UFC, because, where would talent otherwise come from? Take the minor leagues in hockey, for example (OHL). A lot of these kids are amazing players, where some better than others, and even some better than those in the NHL. But the fact that they have talent but haven't proven themselves in the NHL means a lot. You can watch these players and understand that they'll one day be top players in the NHL, but until they put the time and effort into the big league, you can certainly not treat them same as if they are NHL caliber players. This is the same with MMA fighters in the minors. Yes, there are talented fighters outside the UFC, but until you make it to the bigs and play with the big boys, you can't say you're the best, or even close to the top. Taylor Hall, probably the most highly touted rookie this year (there's debate to that, but that's an aside) while better than many NHLers, could in no way be ranked anywhere near top 50 in the league, even though he'll one day probably be a top 10 player.

  11. #6491
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    5,667
    BG Level
    8

    the only guy on that list that I would favor a lot over diaz is Koscheck and that's because of the wrestling

  12. #6492
    Micronesian Thunder
    Get Down On It

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,362
    BG Level
    6
    WoW Realm
    Blackrock

    I can't believe this argument is still going on, so I went and looked at the Top 10 rankings and the only guy I think Diaz would beat ranked above him is Alves. No other guy on that list would leave the fight standing past a few minutes.

  13. #6493
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,130
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Intrinsic View Post
    I can't believe this argument is still going on, so I went and looked at the Top 10 rankings and the only guy I think Diaz would beat ranked above him is Alves. No other guy on that list would leave the fight standing past a few minutes.
    You don't think Fitch would wrestlefuck Diaz?

    edit: misread, but I think Alves knocks him silly

  14. #6494
    Cerberus
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    423
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

    But they would still be awesome and worthwhile fights to watch.

  15. #6495
    I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    58,864
    BG Level
    10

    I'd love to see Alvez/Diaz.

    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S 4G using Tapatalk

  16. #6496
    Cerberus
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    423
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

    Summary of Bellator tonight: Friere is a badass and even Leonard Garcia would think Joe Warren got a gift decision against Galvao

  17. #6497
    I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    26,193
    BG Level
    10

    Half of Warren's wins are gift decisions. He's Garcia 2.0.

    And yeah, the Friere bros are total bad asses.

  18. #6498
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,402
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    That decision was terrible and I like Warren. It was unanimous too. What a joke.

  19. #6499
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    3,562
    BG Level
    7

    debating diaz's rank is so 150 pages ago

  20. #6500
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,402
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Under my settings there are only 130 pages. So does that mean those with superior settings can debate for another 20 pages more?

Page 325 of 669 FirstFirst ... 275 315 323 324 325 326 327 335 375 ... LastLast