Diaz can't wrestle and doesn't check leg kicks, Alves would cripple him.
still like to see it though, personal problems and level of competition aside Diaz is a unique and talented and exciting fighter and they will always be welcome in the sport.
and if the boxing thing has to happen why waste it with Vargas? he hasn't been relevant since Oscar knocked him silly and Mosley let the world know he wasn't the same fighter, or rather that he was the same overrated brawler who could be outbrawled he had always been. the guy hasn't belonged in a ring for half a decade.
Vargas may be bad but there has been consideration with having diaz box sergio martinez which is just insane because he is top 5 p4p boxer. Jeff Lacy seems to be the guy in the lead so far but I know nothing about him.
lolz Sergio is adding name scalps to his collection and just murdered a 37-0 WABC silver medalist for a million dollars, why on earth would he fight Diaz. Cesar gets some silly ideas in his head.
Lacy would be a little better than Vargas as he hasn't been retired for five years and even has a couple solid wins in that time span but he got spanked by an oooooooold, sloooooooow RJJ and had his hype train brutally derailed by Calzaghe prior to that.
this is all pretty silly, Diaz can't beat a real challenger so they're searching for past-their-prime brawlers who are on losing streaks for him to face
It's better then fighting nobody's. At least this way you can get a little hype floating around it.
that's actually real disappointing, Sergio is an older fighter and probably only has a couple of years left, can't believe he'd waste his time with a 0-0-0 boxer. i know he's having a hard time getting fights because he's been in beast mode lately but anything is better than this.
Diaz would be fucking high to take the fight too, Martinez isn't the type of guy who just outclasses people, he brutalizes them. He turned Pavlik's face into a maxi-pad and knocked Sergiy down five times, a man who had never been down in 40 professional and 200+ amateur fights. then there was the sportscenter hook that annihilated Williams.
just stick to MMA Nick, please bro. don't want to see some freak show where you either fight a boxer you can't possibly beat or you fight a B-level boxer that hasn't been relevant in years.
I agree 100%. I understand that Nick is frustrated by all the shit going down with the UFC and Strikeforce...but this isn't the answer. I think Sergio would destroy him. Nick has fast hands for sure...but not a lot of power, and that's with MMA gloves...throw some boxing gloves on and I think he'd be in trouble. I have been working really hard on developing my left hook to the body, (trying for a liver shot KO...lol) and have been working in 16 oz gloves a lot, it is not easy to hurt someone with those gloves on. I think he'll get a rude awakening if he tries boxing anyone worth the time in the ring.
Jones is out vs Evans. He's having surgery on a torn ligament in his thumb. Evans will face Phil Davis instead.
Saw that, didn't post it out of frustration. Shits gay son, only upside to this is a possible resolution to a probability on a fight on who's the real black dominant fighter. Jones vs. Davis is a way better fight IMO.
Davis has a shot but I don't like his odds to win this fight.
i think rashad beats him, even with the long ass layoff, jones still bodies rashad after.
Mr Wonderful isn't ready for this, Rashad outclasses him by quite a bit at this point. I'm throwing a 40 person party for 129, spent last night figuring out how to hook my pc up to my tv for the facebook fights. Ready to get this started!
129 looks like a brilliant card, i can't wait
That is really weird.
I can't wait for Saturday.
TUF is getting interesting. Lots o' drama.
- Nasty finger is nasty.
- Team Lesner thinks they have a spy among them.
- Brock is a delusional douche. (More on this in the next paragraph.)
- Junior's wrestling coach forgetting he's the assistant coach. (This is the most interesting to me cuz usually the drama is limited to the contestants or the opposing coach.)
So Brock starts off this week's episode calling his team chicken shit and basically acting has if he's the most "been there, done that" fighter there ever was. Your name ain't Randy Couture, dude. You have less fights under your belt than each of the guys you are coaching.
Anyway, the comment that got me was him saying to the camera: "I don't care if anybody dislikes me. This is my life. I live, breathe this. This is it. These guys might have other jobs, but this is my livelihood."
Um, easy to call out these guys who have to work other jobs to pay their bills when you're the top money earner in MMA last year at $5.3mil. Stay classy, Brock.
While I enjoy watch every TUF season, this has to be one of the more boring ones. Maybe it's my dislike for Brock or maybe because the fights aren't all that exciting...just not so into it as other seasons.
Yes, all the fights and the season have been pretty average but the promos for "next week" always hook me in that the next one is gonna be the one that pays off.
the non fighting portion of this episode was a bit better than ones in the past which is good. they focused on that broken finger a bit too much though and I was basically saying to myself 'well that settles it, I never want to be a fighter'. I never really did anyway but snapping a pinky in half crosses the line for career choices for me