-
-
Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast
-
Annihilation Banwave
sprout sprout sprout
2031 No.1 Draft Pick
Pittsburgh Penguins
Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast
In all honesty I like Fedor. But I never bought into the whole omg he's the greatest fighter ever shit. He's fought some great fighters. But the last few years he wasn't exactly taking on elite competition. I mean Brett Rogers? Seriously? Arlovski? Fuck I could probably knock him out at this point. Of the last three losses I would really only consider one of them to an elite level fighter(Hendo.) No offense to Silva or Werdum. Fedor was a perfect example of a hype machine. Great fighter, but not the greatest.
-
I never could bring myself to believe that the greatest fighter in the world is some guy with a one-pack and a spare tire. I always thought that the only reason Fedor fought as an under-sized HW is because he doesn't have the discipline to lose weight.
-
Brown Recluse
Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast
-
Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast
In all honesty, during Fedor's prime the majority of HW's were his size. It's only recent that heavyweights have been getting bigger and/or more athletic along with much more disciplined training camps. His raw talent carried him through most of his career. Now that that's starting to fade and he absolutely refuses to change his training regiment and management, for fucks sake they seemed surprised as shit about the concept of cutting weight in his last fight, it's starting to get him exposed.
-
Annihilation Banwave
sprout sprout sprout
2031 No.1 Draft Pick
Pittsburgh Penguins
Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast
Agreed. The man needs to change management and possibly even trainers. If Fedor wants to remain relevant he needs to start adapting to how much mma has changed. He's still fighting like it's 2006. Change with the times or you get left behind. I see Fedor being left behind very soon. Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't this last fight fulfill his original contract with Strikeforce? I don't see Dana dropping the money he's going to want with him losing three straight. In truth he would be lucky if Dana makes an offer at all.
-
Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast
Imagine it's too late in his career for him to radically adjust things now, he's pretty long in the tooth and hasn't even had a good fighting mentality in years he just comes out extremely aggressive and sloppy every fight.
He was brilliant for his time, and merc'd Arlovski when Andrei was #2 in the world, but them days are over.
-
For those of you who didn't see Fedor at his prime, live, there is nothing that will convince you that he was great. Watching his fights now, you see what you see...but watch fights from other fighters at that same time period and you'll see how great he was. The heavyweight division has only recently got really competitive. It has always been blown up 205'ers and chunky tall guys. Now you have olympic caliber athletes from 240+, it just isn't the same game. He beat Big Nog at a time when everyone in the world thought Nog was invincible. He beat Cro Cop back when he was just walking through people.
-
I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz
Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast
-
Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast
Can't say I didn't see the Fedor cut coming. The man gets paid something ridiculous like 1.5 million a fight, to lose three in a row while simultaneously making more then what the card profits is retarded business. M-1 shot themselves in the foot with this one with their outrageous contractual demands.
-
I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz
Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast
What's the over-under for Kharitonov and Mousasi getting shit canned in the next 24 hours?
-
Han Cholo
Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast
Pretty harsh but a lot of people are saying it has to do with Zuffa being pissed about that event Golden Glory was holding. I'm glad M-1 is done but not Fedor.. man I can't believe Big Foot couldn't finish him with complete control like he had and Hendo nearly K.O'd him, I am sure he would have if Herb Dean had not stopped him.
-
Annihilation Banwave
sprout sprout sprout
2031 No.1 Draft Pick
Pittsburgh Penguins
Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast
They already said Kharitonov will be cut regardless of the outcome of the tournament. Even if he wins it, White said he would be cut.
-
Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast
All Golden Glory fighters are out as soon as their contracts are up. The Golden Glory management refused to allow the UFC to pay fighters directly and I guess the UFC business model deems that a no-no.
Shame, they're throwing away a lot of talent.
-
Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast
According to Marloes Coenen that's completely and utter bullshit. She even posted an image of her check from the last fight payed to the order of her specifically from the athletic commission. Seriously, I'm guessing there's some deeper shit going on that either side doesn't want to bring up.
-
Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast
curiouser and curiouser.
wonder what it is, why Golden Glory wouldn't just come out with it if would make Dana look like a prick
maybe they hope the UFC will reverse course. sure hope so. Mousasi might be one of the biggest what ifs if he doesn't settle down soon and start trying to dominate a division.
-
mo' fuckin' prelims on.
Bradley's leg is getting painted by Natal's shin
-
Brown putting a beating to Phan.
-
Han Cholo
Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast
Dang it's only his 2nd fight and already throwing him to former champs. From lolleonard to that?