Page 23 of 56 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast
Results 441 to 460 of 1116
  1. #441
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,325
    BG Level
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by Headspace View Post
    I'll bet money I'll miss either BGP, BGW or 20man draft because I'm not paying attention at all to draft dates.
    Same here... unless Aki reminds me!

  2. #442
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    22,165
    BG Level
    10

    Ok so, 20 man league draft date set for Tuesday the 8th, 9:15 eastern.

    Set to 4 divisions (it won't let me do any more than that), with division winners + 4 wild cards.

    I still have it set to week 14/15/16 for playoffs... a couple people said they'd like it to go to 17, but I really hate that idea >.> what's everyone think?


    I'd really hate to see someone get to the finals, have their qb get benched to rest and not have access to another that will start, or other crap like that, decide the champ.

  3. #443
    The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    32,666
    BG Level
    10

    im not in the league, but never EVER go to week 17. that shit is fantasy suicide

  4. #444
    The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    32,666
    BG Level
    10

    my most serious league, with a $315 dollar buy-in has the championship week 15 just so there is no doubt

  5. #445
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    22,165
    BG Level
    10

    That's always been my philosophy too, I don't understand why people hate it so much.

    I also don't get why people like QB's to score 2-3x as many points as anyone else in the league either.

  6. #446
    Fake Numbers
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    85
    BG Level
    2
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    I think you have it set-up fine, although if QBs are scoring twice as many points I would like to see that change too. With 20 teams I can't see that working too well.

    On that note, is there a site that actually does 20-team mock drafts? Seems the most I can find is 14 team ones.

  7. #447
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    22,165
    BG Level
    10

    I have it set up so that QB's should score similar to top rb or wr. But it's been requested that I change that >.>

    Not sure about 20 team mock drafts, I'll look around later, got a bunch of work to do here in a bit.

  8. #448
    The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    32,666
    BG Level
    10

    hold steady on your qb scoring plow.

  9. #449
    Brown Recluse
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    28,413
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    Cardiac Cats
    Da Superfreaks
    Plow You!
    Tyche's Tunafish

    YOU WILL LOSE.

  10. #450
    Cardiac Cat
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    11,604
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Airlea Ocelot
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

    Not only will I win...I'll win with Clutch.

  11. #451
    Un-Rad Conrad
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    5,019
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    So here's my team from another league I'm doing. I was second in order for the league, 12 people.

    Spoiler: show
    Tom Brady QB
    Steve Smith (CAR) WR
    Hines Ward WR
    Lance Moore WR
    Adrian Peterson RB
    Jonathan Stewart RB
    John Carlson TE
    Kris Brown K
    Pittsburgh DEF
    --And my bench:
    Darren Sproles RB
    Chad Pennington QB
    Jeremy Maclin WR
    Le'Ron McClain RB
    Steve Smith (NYG) WR
    Patrick Clayton WR


    Which I think is a solid team. My week 1 opponent and one of my best friends has:
    Spoiler: show
    Kurt Warner QB
    Randy Moss WR
    Terrell Owens WR
    DeSean Jackson WR
    Brandon Jacobs RB
    Darren McFadden RB
    Chris Cooley TE
    Neil Rackers K
    New England DEF
    --Bench:
    Joseph Addai RB
    Ten Ginn Jr. WR
    Donald Brown RB
    Kyle Orton QB
    Issac Bruce WR
    Tim Hightower RB


    I feel like I'm going to get rocked.

  12. #452
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    5,930
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by Skirkle View Post
    So here's my team from another league I'm doing. I was second in order for the league, 12 people.

    Adrian Peterson RB
    Who did the guy with the #1 pick take?

  13. #453
    Cardiac Cat
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    11,604
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Airlea Ocelot
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

    My guess is Forte.

    Edit: Or Brees. I see a lot of ppl picking him up as a number 1...guess it depends on how strong QBs are for pts in your league.

  14. #454
    Tyr
    Tyr is offline
    E. Body
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    2,270
    BG Level
    7

    How early did you get Brady?
    I don't like your WRs, nor do I like Jonathan Stewart this year. I think Maclin/NYG Smith will outproduce one of your two current starters. How early did you spend a pick on Pitt?

    Also, if Randy goes off, you're guaranteed the TDs from having Brady. I don't see Owens having success until a few weeks into the season.

    Quote Originally Posted by Skirkle View Post
    So here's my team from another league I'm doing. I was second in order for the league, 12 people.

    Spoiler: show
    Tom Brady QB
    Steve Smith (CAR) WR
    Hines Ward WR
    Lance Moore WR
    Adrian Peterson RB
    Jonathan Stewart RB
    John Carlson TE
    Kris Brown K
    Pittsburgh DEF
    --And my bench:
    Darren Sproles RB
    Chad Pennington QB
    Jeremy Maclin WR
    Le'Ron McClain RB
    Steve Smith (NYG) WR
    Patrick Clayton WR


    Which I think is a solid team. My week 1 opponent and one of my best friends has:
    Spoiler: show
    Kurt Warner QB
    Randy Moss WR
    Terrell Owens WR
    DeSean Jackson WR
    Brandon Jacobs RB
    Darren McFadden RB
    Chris Cooley TE
    Neil Rackers K
    New England DEF
    --Bench:
    Joseph Addai RB
    Ten Ginn Jr. WR
    Donald Brown RB
    Kyle Orton QB
    Issac Bruce WR
    Tim Hightower RB


    I feel like I'm going to get rocked.

  15. #455
    Un-Rad Conrad
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    5,019
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    Quote Originally Posted by Byrd View Post
    Who did the guy with the #1 pick take?
    Jones-Drew

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyr View Post
    How early did you get Brady?
    I don't like your WRs, nor do I like Jonathan Stewart this year. I think Maclin/NYG Smith will outproduce one of your two current starters. How early did you spend a pick on Pitt?

    Also, if Randy goes off, you're guaranteed the TDs from having Brady. I don't see Owens having success until a few weeks into the season.
    I got Brady in Round 3, I was #2 so I got him on the back-turn after picking Steve Smith in R2. Pittsburgh was R5 I think. Looking back, it was actually R7.

  16. #456
    Un-Rad Conrad
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    5,019
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    These are the results for the first five rounds, just in case anyone was interested. Bolded are my picks.

    Spoiler: show
    Code:
    Round 1
    1. 	Maurice Jones-Drew
    2. 	Adrian Peterson
    3. 	Marion Barber
    4. 	Michael Turner
    5. 	Matt Forte
    6. 	Steven Jackson
    7. 	Larry Fitzgerald
    8. 	Andre Johnson
    9. 	LaDainian Tomlinson
    10. 	Frank Gore
    11. 	Brandon Jacobs
    12. 	Brian Westbrook
    
    Round 2
    1. 	DeAngelo Williams
    2. 	Randy Moss
    3. 	Chris Johnson
    4. 	Steve Slaton
    5. 	Clinton Portis
    6. 	Drew Brees
    7. 	Reggie Wayne
    8. 	Calvin Johnson
    9. 	Greg Jennings
    10. 	Philip Rivers
    11. 	Steve Smith
    12. 	Pierre Thomas
    
    Round 3
    1. 	Aaron Rodgers
    2. 	Tom Brady
    3. 	Jason Witten
    4. 	Peyton Manning
    5. 	Roddy White
    6. 	Ronnie Brown
    7. 	Ryan Grant
    8. 	Thomas Jones
    9. 	Marques Colston
    10. 	Anquan Boldin
    11. 	Kurt Warner
    12. 	Dwayne Bowe
    
    Round 4
    1. 	Tony Romo
    2. 	Terrell Owens
    3. 	T.J. Houshmandzadeh
    4. 	Chad Ochocinco
    5. 	Donovan McNabb
    6. 	Kevin Smith
    7. 	Wes Welker
    8. 	Brandon Marshall
    9. 	Vincent Jackson
    10. 	Baltimore
    11. 	Jonathan Stewart
    12. 	Antonio Gates
    
    Round 5
    1. 	Roy Williams
    2. 	Hines Ward
    3. 	Santonio Holmes
    4. 	LenDale White
    5. 	Tony Gonzalez
    6. 	Carson Palmer
    7. 	Antonio Bryant
    8. 	Dallas Clark
    9. 	Knowshon Moreno
    10. 	New York
    11. 	Darren McFadden
    12. 	Braylon Edwards

  17. #457
    Been Here Longer Than you
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    35,826
    BG Level
    10

    You really think Forte or Brees was going to go over MJD? lol....come on

    MJD in PPR is the clear-cut #1 this year. People taking AP will regret it

    I've taken MJD in every #1 mock I've been in this year.



    Edit - Why did you take Steve Smith over Roddy White or Boldin? You should have taken White.

    You also took Jon Stewart over Lendale? Stewart is having one of the worst camps this offseason, can't stay on the field, and doesn't even get close to the % of redzone carries as LenDale White....good lord have mercy....

    /slap

    That draft was horrible... ppl took NYG Defense in round 5? Jason Witten at 3.03? Man, I would have massacred that league...

  18. #458
    Tyr
    Tyr is offline
    E. Body
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    2,270
    BG Level
    7

    BARBER 3RD OVERALL!?

    DEANGELO WILLIAMS IN ROUND TWO!?


    GAHERKIR RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE

  19. #459
    Un-Rad Conrad
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    5,019
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    You also took Jon Stewart over Lendale? Stewart is having one of the worst camps this offseason, can't stay on the field, and doesn't even get close to the % of redzone carries as LenDale White....good lord have mercy....

    /slap

    That draft was horrible... ppl took NYG Defense in round 5? Jason Witten at 3.03? Man, I would have massacred that league...
    Quite a few of the people participating had no idea what they were doing, and I myself don't follow the training camps intently besides Eagles camps and get all other info from friends. One of the teams, for instance, has five QBs drafted, two of whom are Vick and McNabb...I'm taking this league the least seriously of my three, so I'm not too worried about it.

  20. #460
    Cardiac Cat
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    11,604
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Airlea Ocelot
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

    JStew won't be -that- bad, though I wouldn't put him in over a true starter. He'll be seeing more reps this year (if he stays healthy), and being a 3rd down/goaline back as well he should turn out some decent numbers TD wise. So he's still a decent bench RB.

    Hell...he had more yrds than Jones-Drew last year and only 2 TDs less.



    @Weltall: That was based on current trends in drafts. Those that take QBs first (for whatever reason, usually first timers) usually scoop up Brees. Why do you think Forte is such a bad pick? Seriously? People are still taking Williams in round 1. JStew is due to take more reps this year as well as adding Goodson into the mix. There's no fucking way in hell Williams is going to produce like he did last year. (Though I'd be pleasantly surprised if he proves me wrong, lol). MJD, AP, Forte, Turner, it's a toss up between them imo. Looks like you're just fishing and hoping with some of those comments.

Page 23 of 56 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Happy New Year BG! 2009 GTFO!
    By Klutz in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 2010-01-01, 01:09
  2. BG FFL - Bringin' Sexy Back
    By Tyr in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 428
    Last Post: 2008-09-08, 18:15