• Navigation
Page 11 of 232 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 220 of 4636
  1. #201
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    22,165
    BG Level
    10

    Guy with gun: gimmeh

    College football player: nowai!


    Sounds about right.

  2. #202
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    1,223
    BG Level
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by Stiker View Post
    Bump for great justice as it is opening week!

    And while I'm at it: lolMichigan

    Seriously if you cheat and THEN go 3-9, you are a massive pile of fail.
    The facts about this whole thing are a disgrace to journalism. The "anonymous" sources are a few people that are no longer with the team, plus a couple of Freshman that had their words twisted around. It's not as big of a deal as the national media is making it out to be, but of course there will be an independent investigation showing that NOTHING WAS DONE WRONG, just like the last article that asshat from the Free Press wrote about Academic cheating.

  3. #203
    The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    29,763
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

    Toney Clemons went on-the-record and confirmed the allegations. He said that he would sometime be there from 10am to 10pm. He didn't say, as far as I know, if the coaches were present.

    I don't really care either way. I hate all big 10 teams equally.

  4. #204
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    4,859
    BG Level
    7
    WoW Realm
    Gorefiend

    Getting my tickets for the Gators game today. Will be a blowout, but should be fun anyway.

  5. #205
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    1,223
    BG Level
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyche View Post
    Toney Clemons went on-the-record and confirmed the allegations. He said that he would sometime be there from 10am to 10pm. He didn't say, as far as I know, if the coaches were present.

    I don't really care either way. I hate all big 10 teams equally.
    So what, that's probably true, but the problem is that only a few hours of that is "Countable" hours by NCAA standards, it's a loophole every single football program uses. There was a huge write up in 2005 about how Florida has "required" workout and practice times every summer since Urban Meyer has been there, plus the article from a few months ago from Colorado State talking about how Trainers/Coaches always call people that don't show up to "voluntary" practices/workouts. Nothing ever came out of that, why? BECAUSE THE NCAA DOESN'T CARE. 45 hour weeks are the norm for most D1 schools, even though the NCAA says max of 20 hours.

    I love how people are saying that it's clearly a divided Michigan team when it's not, it's 2 Freshman that had no idea what they were talking about, neither one was even aware there was a distinction between "Countable" hours and non countable hours.

  6. #206
    The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    29,763
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

    Did you read my post? I said that, as far as I know, Clemons didn't say if coaches were present or not. If the coaches are present, then the time spent becomes "mandatory", and the hours are required to be counted. Noone expects D-1 players to be able to prep in 20 hours, but it's expected that the players do film study and what not on their own time, without coaches present. Therefore the hours aren't counted as mandatory.

  7. #207
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    1,223
    BG Level
    6

    I know, it's just frustrating to me that people just seem to take this "journalist" at his word, when he really doesn't have much of a foundation for what he wrote his article about. NCAA rules might have been broken, but it's nowhere near the OMG BURN THE BIG HOUSE DOWN ALL IS LOST MICHIGAN NEEDS TO QUIT FOOTBALL.

    It doesn't matter though, because in a few days the College Football season will be upon us and hopefully the Wolverines will put together a decent season and all will be forgotten.

  8. #208
    The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    29,763
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

    How did such a staunch Michigan football defender get displaced in Columbus?

  9. #209
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    1,223
    BG Level
    6

    Family moved here, I had no choice. Funfact: I lived on OSU campus for 4 years. haha

  10. #210
    Sponsored by Orton
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    4,517
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    No offense man, but you are sounding like a lot of the folks in the Cowboys organization (and some of the more insane fans) when the Mustache would write about the unnamed sources confirming the there was a definite split in the locker room between T.O. and others.

    Now I know very well local media can turn non-stories into hack journalism exposes out of no where. There is one guy at the South Bend Tribune that is rather infamous for it at this point as he attempted (and failed miserably) to claim that Weis was involved in several recruiting violations among other things.

    Everyone has those additional workouts. Weis would even call them "optional mandatory" (I worked with the team his first year, and I highly doubt he changed his wording). If he's doing what everyone else is and having no one around, he'll be fine and the investigation will show it.

    Main reason I posted it was because it is laughable that there is a chance not only that Michigan cheated, but the result was a 3-9 season. For a ND fan like me, that is a double lulz, and for a Michigan fan like yourself, if that is found to be true, I'd be calling for everyone's head in the football program, including the AD for shaming the school and the program.

  11. #211
    Sponsored by Orton
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    4,517
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyche View Post
    How did such a staunch Michigan football defender get displaced in Columbus?
    I know of couple ND fans and grads going to Michigan for grad/law/med school. It happens lol.

  12. #212
    The Mizzle Fizzle of Nikkei's Haremizzle

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    22,049
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Purdue kicks off this Saturday, I am stoked!

  13. #213
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    1,223
    BG Level
    6

    I know what you're saying, it's just a sore spot with me since I live in Columbus, and I listen to the Local radio sports programs. I can't really expect those guys to be objective though, they're fans just like any of us, they just happen to have a radio show. It just seems to me like this whole story is blown way out of proportion, but with a big program like Michigan that's down, that's just par for the course. The USC thing a few weeks ago was pretty big too up until everyone realized that it was a BS story.

    This is one of the roughest coaching changes I've ever seen, I hope at some point RR just gets to worry about football lol. I really believe he's a good coach, he's just kind of an asshole.

  14. #214
    The Mizzle Fizzle of Nikkei's Haremizzle

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    22,049
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Fuck Rich Rodriguez.

  15. #215
    TOO MUCH MAN
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    8,264
    BG Level
    8

    My friends that go to Mich hate the guy lol.

    CU vs CSU in Boulder for the last time until at least 2021, going to be fucking awesome.

  16. #216
    Sponsored by Orton
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    4,517
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    http://hphotos-snc1.fbcdn.net/hs243...._2354613_n.jpg

    I don't know about y'all, but I'm just ever so slightly ready for Saturday to get here.

  17. #217
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    5,930
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by Stiker View Post
    I don't know about y'all, but I'm just ever so slightly ready for Saturday to get here.
    I've got to ask. Why do you have four pairs of tickets, all in different sections?

  18. #218
    BG Staff
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    27,188
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    I'm going to try and go to a home game this year at bama but will probably not happen.

  19. #219
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    5,133
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Ishido View Post
    My friends that go to Mich hate the guy lol.

    CU vs CSU in Boulder for the last time until at least 2021, going to be fucking awesome.
    Hahah yeah. A lot of my friends despise him. I don't think he has many fans.


    I CAN NOT WAIT TIL THIS SHIT GETS GOINGGGGGGG

    Mark Dantonio definitely put some good goals for the team (Mich State), semi realistic to win the Big 10 and not have to worry about anything more than that. Happy that Cousins is starting, but Nichol is pretty good too. I've never been so unsure about a season but as long as we get our win against Umich and Penn State I'll be happy.

    Sucks I can't buy Alumni season tickets because I'm moving away -_-

  20. #220
    Sponsored by Orton
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    4,517
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    Quote Originally Posted by Byrd View Post
    I've got to ask. Why do you have four pairs of tickets, all in different sections?
    Gameday trip was a somewhat last minute idea by me and some of my friends. We've been working on trying to find tickets for each other...somehow the Dallas kid managed to find 4 pairs -- go figure.

    Edit: Details on how I got them - traded a pair of ND/BC tickets for a pair (which turned into two pair last minute...awesome), and Justin Tuck's brother-in-law had 2 pair he couldn't use, so I bought the 4 of them for face value.

    I'm going to end up making money on this deal without scalping -- fucking win.

Page 11 of 232 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3052
    Last Post: 2011-12-06, 04:25
  2. College Football Season (2006-2007)
    By Avvesione in forum Sports
    Replies: 101
    Last Post: 2006-09-25, 16:03
  3. College Football 09-09-06
    By Vade in forum Sports
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 2006-09-09, 22:47
  4. College Football Season (2005-2006)
    By Avvesione in forum Sports
    Replies: 193
    Last Post: 2006-01-12, 21:33