• Navigation
Page 12 of 232 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 240 of 4636
  1. #221
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    4,661
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyche View Post
    Can't wait to see the point spread for the FL vs TN game.
    Meh besides the last two years and in 2002 it has been a while since Florida blew us out.

    Not really expecting great things this season, I hope for them though!, I am waiting for more of Kiffin's prospects to get experience and then see what happens.

  2. #222
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    10,411
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

    Quote Originally Posted by Arvin View Post
    Mark Dantonio definitely put some good goals for the team (Mich State), semi realistic to win the Big 10 and not have to worry about anything more than that. Happy that Cousins is starting, but Nichol is pretty good too. I've never been so unsure about a season but as long as we get our win against Umich and Penn State I'll be happy.

    Sucks I can't buy Alumni season tickets because I'm moving away -_-
    Yeah he has. Cousins will be great, and Nichol will get his time though I think its a foregone conclusion unless Cousins absolutely implodes that hes the guy. Penn State is really the only team in their way of Pasadena, since we don't have tOSU this year. Beating Michigan i think is a gimme, considering the state they're in.

    Im saving UGA/OSU comments until closer to the game...really want to see how South Carolina performs thursday and then I'll feel better/worse about UGA's chances in Stillwater...but Right being 30-4 on road games is a bit difficult to go against, UGA student or not. Come kickoff of the night games, UGA should be 31-4 on the road under Richt.

    Anyone know when Syracuse plays? I want to see if Paulus is any good behind center.

  3. #223
    The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    29,765
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

    Quote Originally Posted by Serif View Post
    Meh besides the last two years and in 2002 it has been a while since Florida blew us out.

    Not really expecting great things this season, I hope for them though!, I am waiting for more of Kiffin's prospects to get experience and then see what happens.
    Kiffin called Meyer a cheater. Your doors are going to get blown off. Florida is going to put up ACC points on you. ACC basketball.

    Funniest part of that whole thing was that Kiffin didn't know the rules, and Meyer didn't cheat. So he ended up looking like a fucking idiot in front of boosters.

  4. #224
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    4,661
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyche View Post
    Kiffin called Meyer a cheater. Your doors are going to get blown off. Florida is going to put up ACC points on you. ACC basketball.

    Funniest part of that whole thing was that Kiffin didn't know the rules, and Meyer didn't cheat. So he ended up looking like a fucking idiot in front of boosters.

    So is Kiffin really a bad guy and a liar or does he just not know when to shut up? I think it's that he just doesn't know when to shut up. Either way, he has Tennessee all over the news. He pulled in a top 10 class coming off a 5-7 and only had a few months to do it. He is currently in the process of pulling in another top 10 class. Rivals shows them as 14th at the moment there are quite a few JUCO commits and they currently aren't ranked by rivals. Most of them are going to be ranked as four stars which in actuality puts Tennessee in the top 10.
    Sadly I think you are somewhat wrong on this, Kiffin came in and ruffled feathers to get publicity, which Tennessee never gets. I think he only got one question wrong on the test that everyone takes according to the rules. He has coached before in college and recruitied for USCs, so saying he doesn't know the rules is pretty ignorant.

    Not sure of all the facts but I thought he said it jokingly at an event with UT fans/supporters in the crowd. I think I watched the video of it, I could be completely wrong though.

    It wouldn't surprise me if they did put a lot of points on us, which I somewhat hinted to earlier. They have done 40+ points on us if I remember correctly.

    But with the way you are talking I should be expecting a 70+ score coming from Florida.

  5. #225
    The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    29,765
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

    He was unfamiliar with 2 rules actually. First, he didn't know that calling a recruit on an official visit to another campus was perfectly fine.
    "Just so you know, when a recruit is on another campus, you can't call him," Kiffin said. "I love the fact that Urban had to cheat and still didn't get him."
    And by not knowing that that wasn't a rule, and saying it in a public function, he broke another rule...I'm sure unbeknownst to him...

    "SEC Bylaw 10.5.1 clearly states that coaches and administrators shall refrain from directed public criticism of other member institutions, their staffs or players,"Slive said in a statement. "The phone call to which Coach Kiffin referred to in his public comments is not a violation of SEC or NCAA rules. We expect our coaches to have an understanding and knowledge of conference and NCAA rules."
    Oh, and Notre Dame has had a top 5 recruiting class for the past 5 or so years. I don't want to hear how fucking awesome your recruiting class is til it translates to wins.

  6. #226
    Sponsored by Orton
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    4,517
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyche View Post
    Oh, and Notre Dame has had a top 5 recruiting class for the past 5 or so years. I don't want to hear how fucking awesome your recruiting class is til it translates to wins.
    Whoa, holy shit where did that come from?

    No worries, there isn't really anyone touting the classes right now. Only thing it has done, if anything, is giving Weis more of a lifeline than Davie and Willingham. I haven't really heard a peep out of any fans saying "yeah, but GO RECRUITING" at all -- if they are, they are retarded. Top classes and a Hawaii bowl win, whop de fuckin' do (don't get me wrong though...I'm glad the bowl losing streak ended...technically).

    Anyways, here's proof of disgruntled fans:

    http://media.wsbt.com/images/linebac...board_weis.jpg

    That is right next to the Linebacker, a bar basically right across the street from campus. Although the folks at the bar claim they had nothing to do with the sign, still quite a ballsy move by someone to dump the cash to put that right next to campus.

  7. #227
    The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    29,765
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

    It was less of a shot at Notre Dame, and more of a shot at recruiting rankings.

  8. #228
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    22,165
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Stiker View Post
    Whoa, holy shit where did that come from?

    No worries, there isn't really anyone touting the classes right now.
    Ivan Maisel: ND #11
    Todd McShay: ND #14
    Pat Forde: ND #15
    Joe Schad: ND #15
    Rece Davis: ND #17
    Heather Dinch: ND #17
    Bruce Feldman: ND #17
    Mark Schlabach: ND #18
    Tim Griffin: ND #19
    Brian Bennett: ND #20
    Ted Miller: ND #20
    Adam Rittenberg: ND #21
    Graham Watson: ND #22
    Chris Fallica: ND #23

    Chris Low: ND unranked
    Spoiler: show
    This is the correct answer.
    lol wut

  9. #229
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    4,661
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyche View Post
    He was unfamiliar with 2 rules actually. First, he didn't know that calling a recruit on an official visit to another campus was perfectly fine.And by not knowing that that wasn't a rule, and saying it in a public function, he broke another rule...I'm sure unbeknownst to him...



    Oh, and Notre Dame has had a top 5 recruiting class for the past 5 or so years. I don't want to hear how fucking awesome your recruiting class is til it translates to wins.
    Lol you really like talking about this huh?

    I am just stating that TN should be coming out of its coma it has been in for the last couple of years. You must really have a RAGE when you hear about TN, it is okay though we do have a lot of blondes per capita.

    "Just so you know, when a recruit is on another campus, you can't call him," Kiffin said. "I love the fact that Urban had to cheat and still didn't get him."
    Again, that was given at a supporter meeting and it was said jokingly. He is just trying to stir things up at UT which hasn't been done since ehrrr well I can't remember when. I am used to Fulmer's style for way to long.

    In his mindset any publicity is good publicity. I am sure you are well aware of that. I don't think he got reprimanded for any of the things he said. You don't see him breaking the rules that will get him reprimanded. He just pokes at the ones he knew would get him some attention.

    Way to pick the black sheep in the top 10 recruiting classes! Good example, what about the other 9 in the top 10?

    Not sure if you are an undercover Florida fan who went to a UT game and a guy shout profanities at you but you sure do seem you have a lot of angst against this team for no reason.

  10. #230
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    22,165
    BG Level
    10

    Calling Tyche an "undercover" Florida fan is like calling me a closet Big 12 homer.


    Anyway, Tennessee will be a good team soon, and will stay that way as long as Monty's around. But they absolutely cannot hang with Florida this year, and Florida's going to run it up as much as they possibly can.

  11. #231
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    4,661
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Plow View Post
    Calling Tyche an "undercover" Florida fan is like calling me a closet Big 12 homer.


    Anyway, Tennessee will be a good team soon, and will stay that way as long as Monty's around. But they absolutely cannot hang with Florida this year, and Florida's going to run it up as much as they possibly can.
    Quit ruining my fun Don't have to go to work today!

    Oh I know Florida will run the score up on us, but it seems like every year people say that and it turns out to be not so bad. The worse was the ehrrr 07-08 season where it was 59-20.

  12. #232
    The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    29,765
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

    Quote Originally Posted by Serif View Post
    Lol you really like talking about this huh?

    I am just stating that TN should be coming out of its coma it has been in for the last couple of years. You must really have a RAGE when you hear about TN, it is okay though we do have a lot of blondes per capita.



    Again, that was given at a supporter meeting and it was said jokingly. He is just trying to stir things up at UT which hasn't been done since ehrrr well I can't remember when. I am used to Fulmer's style for way to long.

    In his mindset any publicity is good publicity. I am sure you are well aware of that. I don't think he got reprimanded for any of the things he said. You don't see him breaking the rules that will get him reprimanded. He just pokes at the ones he knew would get him some attention.

    Way to pick the black sheep in the top 10 recruiting classes! Good example, what about the other 9 in the top 10?

    Not sure if you are an undercover Florida fan who went to a UT game and a guy shout profanities at you but you sure do seem you have a lot of angst against this team for no reason.
    Newsvine - Kiffin reprimanded by for saying Gators cheated

    Nah, I liked TN when Fulmer was there. I even liked Kiffin when he was at Oakland. I fucking hate Kiffin's attitude now though. He's such a god damned cuntrag. He's taken a special place in my heart right next to Bobby Petrino as the most hated coach in the SEC. He just seems to have some kind of bravado because he coached in the NFL, therefore, he's better than everyone else. You want to know how to stir up some publicity at a university? Win games. It's that simple. Kid hasn't coached a down in college football and he talks more shit than any other coach in the conference.

    Oh, and I'm not really a Florida fan. I'm an SEC football fan. There are teams that I don't like though. Alabama (Mostly because of Saban), Arkansas (Bobby Petrino), and Tennessee (Lane Kiffin). Urban Meyer and Houston Nutt are probably my favorite coaches, so yeah, I favor those two programs.

    Edit: I even like Mark Richt and Georgia, but the crazy ass Georgia fans on this board are such a turnoff. Oh, and the firing that should have never happened...Tommy Tuberville. Loved that guy too.

  13. #233
    Sponsored by Orton
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    4,517
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    Quote Originally Posted by Plow View Post
    lol wut
    I'm assuming those are recruiting rankings that you quoted?

    Also, I'm talking more about the ND fans, not writers. A year or two ago you might have heard the following: "we have top recruiting classes, but they are just too young and inexperienced". My main point was that the majority of ND fans, save for the most extreme apologists, are taking the following stance this season: "ok, our 'top' classes are now grown up and have their experience, let's see them live up to the hype for once".

  14. #234
    The Mizzle Fizzle of Nikkei's Haremizzle

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    22,049
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    I agree with Tyche, Kiffin is a douche now.

  15. #235
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,399
    BG Level
    6

    Was going to the Ou vs BYU game this weekend but fucking ticket prices are crazy. Fuck you Jerry!

  16. #236
    Sponsored by Orton
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    4,517
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    Quote Originally Posted by Zilla View Post
    Fuck you Jerry!
    Can't be said enough.

    Also, I just thought about something...what are the NCAA rules for when the punt hits the damned scoreboard? lol

  17. #237
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    4,661
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Mizango View Post
    I agree with Tyche, Kiffin is a douche now.
    I bet Kiffin thinks the the same thing about you!

  18. #238
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,399
    BG Level
    6

    Any team that hits scoreboard gets 3 pts!

  19. #239
    The Mizzle Fizzle of Nikkei's Haremizzle

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    22,049
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Quote Originally Posted by Serif View Post
    I bet Kiffin thinks the the same thing about you!

    IM RUBR N HE GLU !1

  20. #240
    FNH
    FNH is offline

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    6,804
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Odin

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyche View Post
    There are teams that I don't like though. Alabama (Mostly because of Saban)
    explain please?

Page 12 of 232 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3052
    Last Post: 2011-12-06, 04:25
  2. College Football Season (2006-2007)
    By Avvesione in forum Sports
    Replies: 101
    Last Post: 2006-09-25, 16:03
  3. College Football 09-09-06
    By Vade in forum Sports
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 2006-09-09, 22:47
  4. College Football Season (2005-2006)
    By Avvesione in forum Sports
    Replies: 193
    Last Post: 2006-01-12, 21:33