• Navigation
Page 134 of 232 FirstFirst ... 84 124 132 133 134 135 136 144 184 ... LastLast
Results 2661 to 2680 of 4636
  1. #2661
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    22,165
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Byrd View Post
    No, it's not. No more so than in the past. The Big East champ has frequently gone to the Orange Bowl, but it's not contractually obligated in the same way the champions of the other five conferences are.
    You're right, I forgot they switched. Orange Bowl has ACC now. It was contractually obligated to the Big East until a couple years ago, tho.

    I suppose Cinci could end up in Sugar Bowl, but for that to happen Sugar would have to take them with its first pick, over the SEC #2. Else Fiesta or Orange will most likely nab them before Sugar gets another chance.


    Also, Cinci, Boise, and TCU would make *three* non-bcs conference schools now, since Big East is no longer a BCS conference.

  2. #2662
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    22,165
    BG Level
    10

    Oh, wow, Big East gets a guaranteed berth now, just not to a specific game.

    I'm just gonna stop talking now, apparently I'm way out of date lol.

  3. #2663
    Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    30,320
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    Quote Originally Posted by Plow View Post
    Big East is connected to Orange now.

    A reasonable potential scenario atm would be something like

    Texas vs Bama NC
    Florida vs Boise Sugar
    OkState vs TCU Fiesta
    Cinci vs GaTech Orange
    Iowa vs USC Rose


    No way I'd miss any of those, that's for sure.
    I know this is when you were under the assumption that you were correct, but out of all of those games.. I doubt I'd watch Cinci/GaTech or Iowa/USC. TCU/OkState maybe as I'd like to see how TCU would do against a good 'big boy school', but the other two.. I dunno. I've seen too much Georgia Tech and I'm sick of it.

    Also @Headspace: was that a shot at me or something? I can't tell when you're being sarcastic and when you're not. If you are trying to say that I'm incorrect about GT being one-dimensional, then I invite you to tell me how you came to that.If you were actually agreeing with me, then thank you.

  4. #2664
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    22,165
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama View Post
    I know this is when you were under the assumption that you were correct, but out of all of those games.. I doubt I'd watch Cinci/GaTech or Iowa/USC. TCU/OkState maybe as I'd like to see how TCU would do against a good 'big boy school', but the other two.. I dunno. I've seen too much Georgia Tech and I'm sick of it.

    Also @Headspace: was that a shot at me or something? I can't tell when you're being sarcastic and when you're not. If you are trying to say that I'm incorrect about GT being one-dimensional, then I invite you to tell me how you came to that.If you were actually agreeing with me, then thank you.
    Well, let me try again with new understanding lol.

    NC: Texas vs Bama
    Rose: Iowa vs USC (rose not changing unless one of them gets in NC, obviously)
    Fiesta: OkState vs Cinci
    Sugar: Florida vs Boise
    Orange: GaTech vs TCU

    So... not huge changes anyway, really. GaTech vs TCU would be a damn fun game to watch, though.


    Of course, there's always the thing we most fear... Iowa or USC making it into the NC. That would make for something like:

    NC: Bama vs Iowa
    Sugar: Florida vs Cinci
    Rose: USC vs Boise
    Fiesta: OkSU vs TCU
    Orange: GaTech vs like... 2 loss Texas or Oregon or some shit prob.



    and I think headspace was talking about Iowa losing its best RB

  5. #2665
    Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    30,320
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    Quote Originally Posted by Headspace View Post

    I don't want another god damn orange bowl against a "one dimensional" (right aki?) GaTech. Or, god forbid, another rematch from last year (although we'd probably win this year)
    @Plow, I meant what's bolded. I mentioned waaaay earlier how I thought GT was overrated and one-dimensional, and once a team stops the rushing game, they'd be shit (which they were against Miami) and I wasn't sure if he was being serious or sarcastic.

    As far as those games.. I don't mind those match-ups personally. I would probably watch 'em all, but I honestly don't see Iowa staying undefeated. Those early games against Northern Iowa/Arkansas State would really worry me if I were an Iowa fan.

  6. #2666
    Death by snoo snoo
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    22,117
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

    I'm always taking shots at you Aki.

  7. #2667
    Death by snoo snoo
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    22,117
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

    Big east blogger:

    Cincinnati 35, Syracuse 17: Tony Pike or no Tony Pike, the Bearcats shouldn't have to sweat this one. They've averaged 41 points a game against the Orange under Brian Kelly, and that Carrier Dome turf should provide a good track for the athletes in their spread offense. After this win, Cincinnati should only fall another two spots or so in the BCS standings.

    So true

  8. #2668
    The Mizzle Fizzle of Nikkei's Haremizzle

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    22,049
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    How about those Heels!? They are flexing on VT hardcore and it would seem that with 30 seconds left that another Top 15 team is about to bite the dust.

  9. #2669
    The Mizzle Fizzle of Nikkei's Haremizzle

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    22,049
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Yes! Thats game.

  10. #2670
    Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    30,320
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    Quote Originally Posted by Headspace View Post
    I'm always taking shots at you Aki.
    Be glad I <3 you and your Bengals.

  11. #2671
    Death by snoo snoo
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    22,117
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

    They don't need your <3.

  12. #2672
    Kyo
    Kyo is offline
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    14,853
    BG Level
    9
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

    I tivoed the heels game, and just saw highlights, fuck yeah, finally get a big win.

  13. #2673
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,357
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    TAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR

  14. #2674
    FNH
    FNH is offline

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    6,804
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Odin

    I don't understand the ACC this year. And fucks up the quality of a win for bama.

  15. #2675
    Kyo
    Kyo is offline
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    14,853
    BG Level
    9
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

    Quote Originally Posted by FNH View Post
    I don't understand the ACC ever year. And fucks up the quality of a win for bama.
    It's always fucking wacky lol, small edit!

  16. #2676
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,357
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELS

    i thought someone was going to bail me out, oh well

  17. #2677
    Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    30,320
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    Quote Originally Posted by Headspace View Post
    They don't need your <3.
    Too bad. Jinxing their asses.

  18. #2678
    FNH
    FNH is offline

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    6,804
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Odin

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyo View Post
    It's always fucking wacky lol, small edit!
    I guess so, but those times you didn't expect much. This year was supposed to be VT or Miami dominating their division again. Oh well Virginia for ACC champ!

  19. #2679
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    10,411
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

    The ACC Might be the weakest overall of the BCS conferences, but damned if they don't have the highest level of parity in the conference. Was a good game to watch.

    And im not sure if I like this or not, and I highly doubt both schools programs are civil enough in regards to eachother to organize such a ruse, but theres now rumors from both camps that UGA will wear black on Saturday and Florida will wear new orange jerseys for halloween. Please no =(.

  20. #2680
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,411
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    That sounds...horrifying

Page 134 of 232 FirstFirst ... 84 124 132 133 134 135 136 144 184 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3052
    Last Post: 2011-12-06, 04:25
  2. College Football Season (2006-2007)
    By Avvesione in forum Sports
    Replies: 101
    Last Post: 2006-09-25, 16:03
  3. College Football 09-09-06
    By Vade in forum Sports
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 2006-09-09, 22:47
  4. College Football Season (2005-2006)
    By Avvesione in forum Sports
    Replies: 193
    Last Post: 2006-01-12, 21:33