• Navigation
Page 164 of 232 FirstFirst ... 114 154 162 163 164 165 166 174 214 ... LastLast
Results 3261 to 3280 of 4636
  1. #3261
    THIS IS BREGOR'S STORY
    Beard +1

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    23,089
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Everybody feasts on the Sun Belt, but Bama's opened at neutral fields with tough ACC teams (not an oxymoron) each of the past two years, and 2010-2011 have a home-and-home scheduled with Penn State. Just sayin'.

  2. #3262
    I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    58,863
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Gregorio View Post
    After todays games, I couldn't put a top 25 today if I sat for an hour. I'd even have trouble with the top 10.
    Yeah, it's hard to figure out if Wisconsin should be 8 or 9. I feel your pain Gregorio.

  3. #3263
    E. Body
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    2,458
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by Bregor View Post
    Everybody feasts on the Sub Belt, but Bama's opened at neutral fields with tough ACC teams (not an oxymoron) each of the past two years, and 2010-2011 have a home-and-home scheduled with Penn State. Just sayin'.
    I'm really lookin forward to the PSU Bama matchup the next few years. Penn State FINALLY putting some strength into their out of conference schedule. I was really surprised to hear this originally cause SEC teams rarely venture up north too far to play games. Plus two historic teams like these should really make for some interesting games.

    Quote Originally Posted by archibaldcrane View Post
    Yeah, it's hard to figure out if Wisconsin should be 8 or 9. I feel your pain Gregorio.
    Honestly, at this point I wouldn't be surprised to see 4 Big 10 teams in the top 15. I just wish Iowa won today, then lost next week so 4 teams coulda had a share of the Big 10 title lol.

    EDIT: Actually I think it could technically still happen. If OSU loses to Michigan (doubtful) and PSU, Wiscy, and Iowa all win out there will be 4 teams with the same conference record and everyone would share it. OSU would still go to the Rose Bowl since they hold the tiebreaker for the BCS, but it could still go down as a 4-way tie for the Big 10 title lol..

  4. #3264
    Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    30,320
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    Quote Originally Posted by Gregorio View Post
    I'm really lookin forward to the PSU Bama matchup the next few years. Penn State FINALLY putting some strength into their out of conference schedule. I was really surprised to hear this originally cause SEC teams rarely venture up north too far to play games. Plus two historic teams like these should really make for some interesting games.



    Honestly, at this point I wouldn't be surprised to see 4 Big 10 teams in the top 15. I just wish Iowa won today, then lost next week so 4 teams coulda had a share of the Big 10 title lol.

    EDIT: Actually I think it could technically still happen. If OSU loses to Michigan (doubtful) and PSU, Wiscy, and Iowa all win out there will be 4 teams with the same conference record and everyone would share it. OSU would still go to the Rose Bowl since they hold the tiebreaker for the BCS, but it could still go down as a 4-way tie for the Big 10 title lol..
    A shame about that home and home with Penn State is Alabama will be back to sucking since Saban won't be there anymore. He's coming up on the amount of time he usually leaves a school after.

  5. #3265
    A. Body
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    4,008
    BG Level
    7
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

    Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama View Post
    A shame about that home and home with Penn State is Alabama will be back to sucking since Saban won't be there anymore. He's coming up on the amount of time he usually leaves a school after.

    Rofl if LSU drops the next two games which I think they have a good chance to Miles could be out of a job. Makes you wonder what Sabin would do since he's stated in the past he regretted leaving LSU.

  6. #3266
    Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    30,320
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    I doubt he'd make a return trip to LSU though. He doesn't seem like the coach that would go back to a place. Sure I think he goes where the money and challenge is, and god knows both LSU and Alabama were projects when he got there. Now that he's fixed Alabama, I could see him leaving after next year.

  7. #3267
    FNH
    FNH is offline

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    6,804
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Odin

    Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama View Post
    I doubt he'd make a return trip to LSU though. He doesn't seem like the coach that would go back to a place. Sure I think he goes where the money and challenge is, and god knows both LSU and Alabama were projects when he got there. Now that he's fixed Alabama, I could see him leaving after next year.
    I don't think he would leave, No one is willing to pay him as much as UA.

  8. #3268
    THIS IS BREGOR'S STORY
    Beard +1

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    23,089
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama View Post
    A shame about that home and home with Penn State is Alabama will be back to sucking since Saban won't be there anymore. He's coming up on the amount of time he usually leaves a school after.
    I'm actually shocked I haven't heard his name thrown around ND circles. But yeah, a friendly message to all the ADs out there; keep your fucking hands off Saban.

  9. #3269
    THIS IS BREGOR'S STORY
    Beard +1

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    23,089
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    AP

    1. Florida (36) 10-0 1463 1
    2. Alabama (14) 10-0 1429 3
    3. Texas (10) 10-0 1424 2
    4. TCU 10-0 1307 4
    5. Cincinnati 10-0 1247 5
    6. Boise St. 10-0 1213 6
    7. Georgia Tech 10-1 1139 7
    8. Pittsburgh 9-1 1030 8
    9. Ohio St. 9-2 990 10
    10. LSU 8-2 968 9
    11. Oregon 8-2 918 14
    12. Oklahoma St. 8-2 754 17
    13. Penn St. 9-2 689 19
    14. Stanford 7-3 652 25
    15. Iowa 9-2 633 15
    16. Virginia Tech 7-3 559 20
    17. Wisconsin 8-2 547 21
    18. Clemson 7-3 442 24
    19. BYU 8-2 344 22
    20. Oregon St. 7-3 338 NR
    21. Miami (FL) 7-3 255 12
    22. USC 7-3 223 11
    23. Utah 8-2 183 16
    24. Houston 8-2 149 13
    25. Rutgers 7-2 145 NR

    Others Receiving Votes: North Carolina 144, Nebraska 64, California 53, Arizona 50, Mississippi 45, Navy 41, Temple 23, Georgia 9, Auburn 9, West Virginia 8, Oklahoma 5, Texas Tech 4, Boston Coll. 3, Nevada 1


    USA Today

    1. Florida (48) 10-0 1460 1
    2. Texas (4) 10-0 1397 2
    3. Alabama (7) 10-0 1388 3
    4. TCU 10-0 1277 4
    5. Cincinnati 10-0 1219 5
    6. Boise St. 10-0 1183 6
    7. Georgia Tech 10-1 1127 7
    8. Ohio St. 9-2 1019 8
    9. Pittsburgh 9-1 997 9
    10. LSU 8-2 956 11
    11. Oregon 8-2 875 16
    12. Penn St. 9-2 772 17
    13. Oklahoma St. 8-2 750 18
    14. Wisconsin 8-2 630 20
    15. Iowa 9-2 584 13
    16. Virginia Tech 7-3 558 21
    17. Stanford 7-3 516 NR
    18. BYU 8-2 404 22
    19. Clemson 7-3 274 NR
    20. Oregon St. 7-3 256 NR
    21. USC 7-3 239 10
    22. Houston 8-2 229 12
    23. Utah 8-2 212 14
    24. Miami (FL) 7-3 156 15
    25. Nebraska 7-3 107 NR
    25. North Carolina 7-3 107 NR

    Others Receiving Votes: Arizona 87, Navy 76, Rutgers 74, California 55, West Virginia 46, Mississippi 46, Cent. Michigan 27, Temple 17, Oklahoma 15, Boston Coll. 14, Auburn 8, Texas Tech 7, Nevada 6, Northwestern 3, Georgia 2

  10. #3270
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    10,411
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

    And UGA reenters the AP Rankings at 33. Wooo!

  11. #3271
    I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    39,620
    BG Level
    10

    Rutgers ranked for the first time in two years, woooo!

    lewl :/

  12. #3272
    THIS IS BREGOR'S STORY
    Beard +1

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    23,089
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Fucking LOL, love the avatar. I had to pause my DVR to read the list and lost my shit at "happenstance."

  13. #3273
    I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    39,620
    BG Level
    10

    Once I saw it, I knew I had to freeze frame it on adultswim.com and image it. Happenstance is an awesome word.

    On topic, Rutgers will end the season ranked probably; Syracuse and Louisville on the schedule next, then the finale is Home against West Virginia which will probably be a tougher game than whoever they draw in a bowl game. Unless they get the Gator Bowl, but the papers say only chance of that is if Notre Dame loses out/Rutgers wins out. TO THE MEINEKE CAR CARE BOWL!

    /exit big east, no one cares, i know

  14. #3274
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    22,165
    BG Level
    10

    1. Bama
    2. Texas
    3. Florida
    4. TCU
    5. Cinci
    6. GaTech
    7. Pitt
    8. Boise
    9. Oklahoma St.
    10. Fuck I dunno. I wanna put LSU here, but an 8 point win at home against LaTech? wtf.


    Also, bcs is up:

    1 Florida 10-0
    2 Alabama 10-0
    3 Texas 10-0
    4 TCU 10-0
    5 Cincinnati 10-0
    6 Boise State 10-0
    7 Georgia Tech 10-1
    8 LSU 8-2
    9 Pittsburgh 9-1
    10 Ohio State 9-2
    11 Oregon 8-2
    12 Oklahoma State 8-2
    13 Iowa 9-2
    14 Penn State 9-2
    15 Virginia Tech 7-3
    16 Wisconsin 8-2
    17 Stanford 7-3
    18 USC 7-3
    19 Oregon State 7-3
    20 Miami (FL) 7-3
    21 Utah 8-2
    22 Brigham Young 8-2
    23 Clemson 7-3
    24 Houston 8-2
    25 California 7-3

  15. #3275
    THIS IS BREGOR'S STORY
    Beard +1

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    23,089
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Tough to rank teams right now. Last week I would have put Alabama at #3 and now I would put them #1. Luckily it won't matter how the top three are ranked. I think TCU and Cincy are pretty damn close, and after that Boise, Georgia Tech and Pitt could all make a case. I really don't get what LSU has done besides "look good" losing to Bama and Florida. Going at Ole Miss should be a good test for them.

    The rest of Saturday looks pretty dead, Texas-Kansas, Texas Tech-Oklahoma and Ohio State-Michigan have lost some of the luster they may have had earlier in the year. The best games are in the Pac-10, so of course they won't be on here in DC. I guess I should care about Nebraska-KState but fighting for the honor of getting shellacked by Texas just doesn't intrigue me. Hoping BC-UNC will be a good one, I'll probably get that from one of the ACC-onry channels here.

  16. #3276
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    22,165
    BG Level
    10

    Considering K-State's recent history vs Texas, and paired with the last time we were in the Big 12 game... I'm surprised this entire board hasn't been going absolutely crazy hoping for us to get there, lol.

  17. #3277
    I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    58,863
    BG Level
    10

    What does it take to be considered for a BCS at-large bid? Top 12?

    edit: Ooh, top 14. C'mon Wisconsin, get in the hunt!

  18. #3278
    TOO MUCH MAN
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    8,264
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Plow View Post
    Considering K-State's recent history vs Texas, and paired with the last time we were in the Big 12 game... I'm surprised this entire board hasn't been going absolutely crazy hoping for us to get there, lol.
    I hope K-State makes it because fuck Nebraska. I hope you beat Texas too because fuck their overrated asses.

  19. #3279
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    22,165
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Ishido View Post
    I hope K-State makes it because fuck Nebraska. I hope you beat Texas too because fuck their overrated asses.
    For those that aren't aware: K-State didn't play Texas last year, but the 2 before that 5-6 and 7-6 K-State teams beat 10 win Texas teams.

    And, of course, the last time we were in the Big 12 game, OU was being called the best team ever in college football, and we flat out dominated them in every way, 35-7, with Sproles getting some 230 yards rushing and 90 receiving.

    Then again, OU *still* went to the NC that year lol, and lost to LSU by 7.

  20. #3280
    THIS IS BREGOR'S STORY
    Beard +1

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    23,089
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by Plow View Post
    Considering K-State's recent history vs Texas, and paired with the last time we were in the Big 12 game... I'm surprised this entire board hasn't been going absolutely crazy hoping for us to get there, lol.
    I want Texas in the NC game if Bama beats Florida. That would be delicious.

    Spoiler: show
    Also I fear Cincy.

Page 164 of 232 FirstFirst ... 114 154 162 163 164 165 166 174 214 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3052
    Last Post: 2011-12-06, 04:25
  2. College Football Season (2006-2007)
    By Avvesione in forum Sports
    Replies: 101
    Last Post: 2006-09-25, 16:03
  3. College Football 09-09-06
    By Vade in forum Sports
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 2006-09-09, 22:47
  4. College Football Season (2005-2006)
    By Avvesione in forum Sports
    Replies: 193
    Last Post: 2006-01-12, 21:33