Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Results 61 to 71 of 71
  1. #61
    Teamkiller of the House of Weave
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    870
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Korgath

    Bump, for those that haven't played original C&C games with the release of C&C4 they made C&C: Tiberian Dawn, C&C: Tiberian Sun+Firestorm, and C&C: Red Alert freeware @ www.commandandconquer.com/classic

  2. #62
    The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    20,640
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

    All of them are freeware? Hell yeah! Time to have fun with that broken multiplayer in red alert where when the first bot dies, the rest ALL turn on you!

    Sick music, though... <3

  3. #63
    2600klub
    ǝƃuɐɥɔ ǝlʇıʇ ɥʇ01 ǝɥʇ ǝʞıl sı sıɥʇ ƃɯo ʎuunɟ ƃuıɥʇǝɯos ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ puǝıɹɟ ʇsǝq s,poƃ ǝsɹoɥ ǝɥʇ sı ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    9,098
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Vandole Horsegod
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

    someone asked me to merge the C&C4 threads


    go nuts

  4. #64
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    3,054
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Ravenholdt

    Im going to pirate this just for the story.

    Nothing else.

  5. #65
    I'd tap that turian!
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,822
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    I will preface this by saying I dislike the overall system and love the C&C3 style of play.

    After playing the beta I have to say this is fairly balanced gameplay for multiplayer. A newbie has a good chance of hanging with the unlocked units if they're even halfway tactically smart. That said, if your enemies are not, it's a damned cakewalk to tread over the battlefield. I'd say this go around people have a fighting chance in multiplayer if they'll learn the units carefully. The new tiberium harvesting mechanic helps from just being tech steamrolled as well.

    Like I said, it's not what I like, but for what it is it's actually decent. Still only looking forward to the story though.

  6. #66
    I'd tap that turian!
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,822
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Bump for thursday release. I want to see how the story ends. ;;

  7. #67
    I'd tap that turian!
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,822
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Enjoy my tears, updated the primary post. ;_;

  8. #68
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    3,054
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Ravenholdt

    Time to pirate the shit out of this game.

  9. #69
    Science Fiction Super Fan
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,053
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

    time to never ever touch this game as it sounds like blasphemy

  10. #70
    New Merits
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    221
    BG Level
    4

    I'll never understand why developers feel the need to change Games so drastically....I mean C&C3 Engine was perfect, i wouldnt mind a re-model on that with a few new things(Maps, Factions, Vehicles, Graphics etc). Not entire revamps which just dont fit the bill.

  11. #71
    I'd tap that turian!
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,822
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Oh what the fuck/oh my god.

    (Story/endgame spoiler for those wanting to play (lol) else go ahead and read)
    Spoiler: show
    First off, the acting is FUCKING AWFUL. They hired D-list people to do this aside from Kane himself.

    At the given choice, I jumped to NOD immediately and completed their campaign first. The story was a bit lackluster and "go here, save this" with pretty cinematics as to why you had to go there and save that. The ending was just a "what the hell? I guess that's cool," kinda thing.

    So we all guessed that Kane was not human. Well, he isn't. It doesn't say what he is, but he's not human. After you get your eye implants and turned into a human Kane clone, you reactivate the Scrin tower and open a portal for Kane to walk through. The GDI commander who you "betrayed" shows up to shoot you, thinking you're Kane. Kane walks up and kills her by lifting her and choking her to death, heh. Your wife cries, Kane apologizes by saying humans are weak, he though you'd be stronger.

    Kane then walks through the portal, NOD followers disappear, the Scrin tower deactivates, Tiberium is eliminated, and GDI takes the credit.

    It's good to see an ending, but fuck. The campaign was 6 missions long outside the tutorial (or maybe 7, I can't be bothered to look. You also play the same 4 lead-up missions prior to the GDI/NOD choice.) The "storytelling" was awful in the sense it felt like an hour-long show compressed into ten minutes, with little time to explain things or get adequate screentime to give you any sense to fulfillment. I mean, it's the ending I was expecting after C&C3, Kane ascends. We all knew it would happen. I wanted more info, more background, more explanation. I didn't want to see Kane skip through the portal and the credits roll. Maybe a little info on what he was, where he was going, if he/his race were going to contact humanity or leave it alone, what happened to the CABAL v2 from Kane's Wrath that was so goddamn important, etc. The whole thing leaves me filling ridiculously unfulfilled and hollow. We all knew that ending would happen EA, fuck you.

    Maybe the GDI campaign fleshes some of those questions out (lol) since Kane is working for GDI now anyway, well "working" but still.

    Like I said, the whole thing leaves me feeling hollow and bitter. I really fucking wish I'd waited to pirate this, but no, no I thought. I thought EA would continue the fine standard that C&C3 was since it balanced tech, gameplay, storytelling, and a decent musical score very well. FUCK YOU EA. Seriously.

    I'll try the GDI campaigns later today.


    tl;dr, pirate this, do not, do not, do not buy this. You'll get used to the gameplay by the end of it, it'll even work, and you might enjoy it a little (I kinda did), but do not reward EA money for this trash.

    I can also see it now, "C&C5 Tiberium pew-pew in space, Scrin QQ"

    Don't get me wrong, after the events in C&C3 then the tech development in C&C4, a GDI space-force would make sense and not be a stretch. That said EA (and EA-LA) would just fuck it up like they did this. Instead of rebuilding Earth as a whole, I can see them go, "Oh GDI was pissed and now they want to rage war cuz the scrin didn't get their asses kicked enough, lulz. GDI is going to fight scrin terrorists! Yee-haw load up the ion cannons and set course for the scrin homeworld, maximum tiberium-warp."

    Fuck you so much EA.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Similar Threads

  1. Command & Conquer: Tiberium Alliances (PC F2P)
    By 6souls in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 2012-03-16, 23:04
  2. Victory Games (Dedicated Command & Conquer studio)
    By 6souls in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 2011-12-12, 19:36
  3. Command & Conquer 4: Tiberian Twilight
    By Nightraid in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 2009-11-16, 08:38
  4. Command and conquer 3
    By Skyylya in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 2007-08-13, 00:23