Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 134

Thread: Persona 3 Port for PSP     submit to reddit submit to twitter

  1. #1
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5,772
    BG Level
    8

    Persona 3 Port for PSP

    With female protagonist...

    http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y66...nis/p3port.jpg

    Also, male Elizabeth

    http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y66...nis/563280.jpg

    I really don't know what to say at this point...

  2. #2
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    12,850
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    What.... The.... Fuck.... O.O

  3. #3
    Han Cholo
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    7,447
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

    WHERE is my Persona 2 Innocent Sin and Eternal Punishement ports!? Fuck Atlus, they fucking fail miserably, I can't believe they fucking skipped them.

  4. #4
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    19,023
    BG Level
    9

    Well that's...interesting to say the least. Female Orpheus as well. I guess the game will be different than the original in a lot of ways.

  5. #5
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    17,471
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

    So, you're going to date the guys? Sound kinda gay haha.



    I'm really curious how much will be changed. The interaction with other party member will be changed drastically. I doubt I will get to play it, but it sound interesting

    And silent female protagonist is weird? I can't remember any games with one.

  6. #6
    Puppetmaster
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    53
    BG Level
    2

    Persona 2 EP had a silent female protagonist

    A nice remake/compilation of P2 would have been cooler, but eh. At least now you can date P3 boys, i guess.

  7. #7
    Han Cholo
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    7,447
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

    Quote Originally Posted by Eligor View Post
    Persona 2 EP had a silent female protagonist

    A nice remake/compilation of P2 would have been cooler, but eh. At least now you can date P3 boys, i guess.
    Which was very surprising to see if you played P2is because her character was very loud, talkative, big sister type. Nonetheless a silent female protagonist in an RPG exists.

  8. #8
    okay guy I guess
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    24,390
    BG Level
    10

    WHAT. THE. FUCK.

  9. #9
    Queen of the Pity Party
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    11,743
    BG Level
    9

    hmm... might have to get a PSP for this one. seems strange though.

  10. #10
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    2,226
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

    iirc, aren't they redoing the first Persona for the PSP? I remember reading somewhere in PlayStation Magazine that it was coming out this Fall. I hope so, because they've been slacking on their PSOne Classics lately and I need me some old school RPG loving. D:

    On Topic; I never got too into Persona 3, but it was still a good game. It'll be interesting to see what happens if they really plan on switching things around like this.

  11. #11
    okay guy I guess
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    24,390
    BG Level
    10

    p1 is out in september

  12. #12
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5,772
    BG Level
    8

    Well, the second scan has picture of hidetoshi and fuuka still at their original gender, so maybe only a few character have their gender bent.

    Gonna rage if Aegis is a dude though, pretty fucking hard at that

  13. #13
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    19,023
    BG Level
    9

    Agreed, Aegis is awesome just the way she is, I doubt it would be the same if she was a guy. Is it just Elizabeth and the main character that switched genders? I hope no one else did...

  14. #14
    Resident Moogle
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    13,217
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Just hoping that's all just a 'new' game mode, and that you'd still be able to play P3 as it originally was. I'm actually interested in this since I missed out on both P3 & P3:FES.

  15. #15
    Han Cholo
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    7,447
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

    I still think it's completely unnecessary for them to make 3 versions of the game when Persona 2 Innocent Sin has only been released once and did NOT get ported to the U.S. I am pretty disappointed by this move from Atlus.

  16. #16
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5,772
    BG Level
    8

    Just boycott the damn thing then, that seem to be your solution to shit you are unsatisfied with.

    Anyway, I'm just hoping future persona games would have better method of skill distribution, because shuffling for skills gets annoying, especially when you're trying to build that perfect telos...

  17. #17
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3,612
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Atlus needs to make money to stay alive. P3 = moneymaker. P2 = niche game that a few weaboos and major RPG fans know about.


    I love P2, but it's silly to expect them to port it over P3.

  18. #18
    Queen of the Pity Party
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    11,743
    BG Level
    9

    shuffling for skills is supposed to make the game more difficult but in the end falls prey to the age-old developer's trap of confusing frustration with difficulty. I agree it needs to end, the way they handled it in Devil Survivor worked great.

    although, to be honest, I think the Devil Survivor method is a bit too easy, I'd love a system where you can pick which skills you want to add to a fused demon/persona but have to pay for it somehow, whether with money or something else.

  19. #19
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5,772
    BG Level
    8

    Devil Survivor's was kinda easy, especially with the existence of the Mitamas, which really take out any kind of effort in designing a demon.

    Problem with the whole shuffling for skill system is that it would eventually end up on just some stupid probability. At which point, the system no longer reward the player's designing on the persona's inheritance, but rather just their persistence in getting the right say 3 ability out of the 4 inherited one or more.

    Took me a good 5 mins of shuffling when I tried making a Titania with Spellmaster, Nifleheim and Ice boost on P3...and at least a good 10 mins or so on my Repel Elec triple Auto-Ma Norn on P4

    Looking forward to making an Orpheus Telos with Anti-Elizabeth skillset (Thunder Reign, Elec Boost, Elec Amp, High Counter, Sharp Student, Enduring Soul, Null Poison, Spellmaster) If I didn't succumb to insanity first.

    I'd personally settle for a system that gives the resulting persona a roster of learnable skill from its parents buyable through yen, or other points like macca or magnetite with positive/negative multipliers on the price depending on its inheritance type.

  20. #20
    Queen of the Pity Party
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    11,743
    BG Level
    9

    yeah, that's exactly what I'm thinking. it still requires effort from the player without depending on random chance. I'd rather grind for twenty minutes than shuffle for five.

    actually, come to think of it, Nocturne wasn't as bad because of Mitamas. you could always summon a base demon with no skills and add them on one or two at a time with Mitamas. it was a lot easier to get two skills at a time on a demon than six all at once. unfortunately that didn't work in P3.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Disgaea 2 for PSP
    By Julian in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 2009-02-22, 11:57
  2. VP Lenneth or Disgaea for PSP
    By Saga in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 2007-11-19, 16:42