Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 134

Thread: Persona 3 Port for PSP     submit to reddit submit to twitter

  1. #61
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5,772
    BG Level
    8

    I'm holding my breath for the limited edition PSP with Gekkoukan symbol paintjob, artbook and assorted trinket bundle announcement.

    I mean how else is Atlus gonna sell this the third time?

    And really, I don't ride the SMT dick nearly as hard as you do, and amazingly I can admit that with pride.

    I just happen to have a really, reaaaaaally huge fetish for mecha musume archetype and Maaya Sakamoto's voice.

    So I guess I just happened to hit a jackpot on Persona 3 huh?

  2. #62
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    10,411
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

    I don't really think negative of Atlus in the instance of re-re-releasing Persona 3 again. As strong as Atlus fans have been, Persona 3 is one of those titles that changes their mainstream access for a company. And as oddly prevalent Atlus has been in the mainstream considering the vast majority of their titles are almost cult classic status, P3 was a MAJOR step foward for them. I know in some of the promotional material of P3 they mentioned a female protagonist...ill try and find that later.

    However, any changes to the ending of "The Journey" and what was a decent storyline wrap-up in "The Answer" greatly cheapen the narrative. P3 is something special from the past 5 years...and will prolly lands on many RPG fans top 10 games of all time list when they're dead. Changing male/female dynamics with the main character and elizabeth in a game that thrives on social interaction between classmates and contemporaries is not a welcomed narrative move in my book.

    Add new persona, change up social links, add in some Persona 4 cameos, pack in some extension to tartarus and add new elements in FES...save the female protagonist choice for P5.

  3. #63
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5,772
    BG Level
    8

    Remember, you will (still) die

    I don't think The Answer wrap it up all that well personally, since I find the whole Abyss of Time concept was idiotic with most of its lore comes from Fuuka's "oh I totally find this on the document I found" and Metis' "Oh I'm amnesiac, but I'm pretty sure this is totally what we're supposed to be doing" narration, not to mention the entire cast being completely oblivious on something so fucking obvious as to the awakening of their Persona ability.

    The whole reasoning of the whole scenario happening was also forced, and the whole Tournament arc was borderline idiotic for coming up, and the fact that "OH HERE IS AN ARENA WHERE EVERYONE CAN KILL EACH OTHER WITH NO ONE ACTUALLY DYING" existed had me facepalming.

    Not to mention Elizabeth was just standing there doing nothing relevant to the entire thing, when P4 implied that her feelings for the Main Character is as strong as any of the female party members if not more.

    It's almost at the level of FFX-2 for me as far as unnecessary epilogue goes, but I guess that would be taking it a bit too far...

  4. #64
    Puppetmaster
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    53
    BG Level
    2

    Their initial project of having a female MC is mentioned in the artbook.
    And why would it change the ending ? It's not like the plot is heavily dependent of the fact that the main char is a guy. You're just going to bang a different classmate.

    Also if it somehow invalidates the existence of The Answer, all the better.

  5. #65
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5,772
    BG Level
    8

    Some gameplay video and screenshot

    http://www.famitsu.com/blog/p3p/1226724_2045.html

    Seem like they're eliminated all exploring outside tartarus and replaced it with just point and click interface for exploration

  6. #66
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    12,852
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Oh wow, I was thinking how will they tune down the graphics but that surprised me O.o

  7. #67
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5,772
    BG Level
    8

    Also, junpei + ken slink on female mode it seem, guess they might do P4 style party member S link system after all

    Too bad the fucking battle preview had the bitch spam vorpal blade right off the bat...not much can be drawn from that.

    also, inb4 Shinjiro revival scene for female route

  8. #68
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    19,023
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Zilong View Post
    Also, junpei + ken slink on female mode it seem, guess they might do P4 style party member S link system after all

    Too bad the fucking battle preview had the bitch spam vorpal blade right off the bat...not much can be drawn from that.

    also, inb4 Shinjiro revival scene for female route
    I liked the party Slink route. It was nice how it was done on P3 but it felt a little detached. It's like the story was happening and oh look! Fuuka just got a sudden burst of inspiration! Only ones that felt right were Akihiko and Junpei.

    I am hoping they tone down the music a bit. World map, school... fuck it, most of the field music sucked until after December.

  9. #69
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5,772
    BG Level
    8

    I thought Yukari/Mitsuru's one wasn't too bad, but yeah, Fuuka's one was completely random. Junpei's one was fucking awesome, and the fact that Trismegistus is basically Hermes with Medea's skin makes the integration that much better, not to mention the spring of life ability.

    But hey, free traesto from Juno!

  10. #70
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    19,023
    BG Level
    9

    Yeah, Junpei is easily one of my favourite characters from P3, I know a lot of people hated him at the beginning of the game but by the end he was one of the better developed characters.

  11. #71
    Very Sexy Nerd
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    8,739
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    I don't really get the point of the point and click thing... oh well

  12. #72
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5,772
    BG Level
    8

    probably to conserve some space on the UMD?

    in any case, it's not like that it's a huge of a loss anyway, I mean I just used the magical square button in P4 to go anywhere anyway

  13. #73
    Han Cholo
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    7,447
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

    I know this doesn't have to do anything with P3P but for those intersted in Persona series in general:

    I'm doing a playthrough for Persona 2: IS, I really haven't seen anyone do a complete run through this game. Most of them cut off through the first quarter of the game or just have scenes from the end. Check it out if interested, I will be updating everyday.

    YouTube - achachachaa's Channel

  14. #74
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    855
    BG Level
    5

  15. #75
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    19,023
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Kisamoo View Post
    Ehh, didn't like that so much. PS2 OP was a lot better.

  16. #76
    Very Sexy Nerd
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    8,739
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    the fuck was that

  17. #77
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5,772
    BG Level
    8

    Yeah, burn my dread is superior

  18. #78
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    10,411
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

    Burn my dread and PS:Fes are VASTLY superior songs for the opening...

    However, spare one or two small parts, i actually liked the montage here more than P3 (but not FES). Put the P3P song to the P3 opening, or vise versa...and I like it.

    Now I cant read japanese, anyone got a name/artist so i can download it?

    Edit: Also, in 0:45-0:50 when you have Ken and Koromaru on the escalator...is it just me or does Shinji's artwork on the escalator change? Do they make him a female too?

  19. #79
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5,772
    BG Level
    8

    Some sample on the difference between male and female route

    YouTube - PSP ペルソナ3ポータブル 男主人公会話 male

    YouTube - PSP ペルソナ3ポータブル 女主人公会話 female

    Also, soundtrack changes seem to be only for the female version.

    Man, at this rate Persona 5 will probably come with a CG/event view mode...

  20. #80
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    19,023
    BG Level
    9

    New music was nice (of course, it was all pretty cool the first time around), I just wonder how different the female version will be. Probably worth a quick run through if nothing else.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Disgaea 2 for PSP
    By Julian in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 2009-02-22, 11:57
  2. VP Lenneth or Disgaea for PSP
    By Saga in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 2007-11-19, 16:42