Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 31

Thread: Region 2 update incoming!     submit to reddit submit to twitter

  1. #1
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    3,411
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

    Region 2 update incoming!

    Google Translate

    Looks like 5pm eastern today R2 will go down to get updated. Hellz yeah.

  2. #2
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    3,565
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Amelia Diremii
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

    gugle tranlat not frand

  3. #3
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,136
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Veyron Snow
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    oShi-

  4. #4
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    12,850
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    R2 just went down I guess no problem installing my 1.2 patch now?

  5. #5
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    2,131
    BG Level
    7

    Is it really 1.2 update, or just a maint?

    Edit: Region 2 is no longer grayed out in my client (which is v1.2) so confirmed? Trying to log on now but I think servers might still be down, I get an authentication error D:

  6. #6
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    12,850
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    The maintenance was supposed to last 4 hours so still got time ^^;

  7. #7
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,136
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Veyron Snow
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    Time to download 1.2!

    Edit:

    Where should I download it from? Will it automatically update?

  8. #8
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    12,850
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    There's a download on Aion site, I think if you run the launcher there will be a link. Direct downloading is the best option, the launcher will take ages and d/c you all the time. You should have downloaded the patch ages ago too though

  9. #9
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    2,131
    BG Level
    7

    I think there's a torrent up somewhere, which is the best way to go imo. 1.5+ megs/second ftw

  10. #10
    A. Body
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,325
    BG Level
    7

    I posted this on AI, but meh:

    can someone explain this to me definitively?

    in the guide it says not to pick region 2, but that's my region (updating from 1 to 1.2)...

    region 2 is now updating to 1.2

    so right now, should i select region 2 while installing the patch (i downloaded via torrent)?

  11. #11
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    2,065
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

    I don't know why it would say not to pick region 2, unless the guide was talking about going to 1.2 servers only.

  12. #12
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,136
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Veyron Snow
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    Quote Originally Posted by Pooky View Post
    I think there's a torrent up somewhere, which is the best way to go imo. 1.5+ megs/second ftw
    Any idea where Pooks?

  13. #13
    A. Body
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,325
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by fishstix View Post
    I don't know why it would say not to pick region 2, unless the guide was talking about going to 1.2 servers only.
    good point, thats probably what they meant

  14. #14
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    2,065
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

    http://mini-patch.sdo.com/ctorrent/A...1.2All.torrent

    http://www.bluegartr.com/forum/79045...ml#post2933845 that post has the 1.2 enu pak also

    //edit nvm link for enu pak is down

    http://aionsource.com/forum/662492-post36.html english stuff
    lol@AS grammar, "Lunch the game"

  15. #15
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    2,065
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

    I ran the 1gb file: AION_Patch_V1.2All.exe from the torrent, it took a while and I think I had to select Region2 from a set of options, which I did. Now my launcher looks like this:
    http://i26.tinypic.com/30iugcm.png
    hope I'm doing it right.

  16. #16
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    2,131
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by fishstix View Post
    I ran the 1gb file: AION_Patch_V1.2All.exe from the torrent, it took a while and I think I had to select Region2 from a set of options, which I did. Now my launcher looks like this:
    http://i26.tinypic.com/30iugcm.png
    hope I'm doing it right.
    Let it download that pack, then check files. After that you should be good to go :D

  17. #17
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    2,065
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

    How do you check files? is that the 2nd button on the bottom right? or is it built into the play button? (nvm think i found it)

    I installed the Update_ENU_Zone10_21072009.exe thing and it seems I can only select zone10 from the region button
    running the check files again, see what happens.

    //edit ok check files worked, can select any region now well, not the down ones.

  18. #18
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,136
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Veyron Snow
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    Quote Originally Posted by fishstix View Post
    How do you check files? is that the 2nd button on the bottom right? or is it built into the play button? (nvm think i found it)

    I installed the Update_ENU_Zone10_21072009.exe thing and it seems I can only select zone10 from the region button
    running the check files again, see what happens.

    //edit ok check files worked, can select any region now well, not the down ones.
    k, downloading the exe, when we get keylogged and someones buying crazy asian porn with our creditcards, we'll know what happened!

  19. #19
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    2,065
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

    There's new char creation stuff, if you haven't tried 1.2 yet. Eye color, arm/leg/shoulder length. No new hairs though D: I wanted my jewfro

  20. #20
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,136
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Veyron Snow
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    OMGZ NO CLOUD HAIR WTF!!!!!!!!!!!ONE!!!!!!!!111!!!

    Edit: Where's the check file button -_-? Is it the bottom right?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast