Page 65 of 78 FirstFirst ... 15 55 63 64 65 66 67 75 ... LastLast
Results 1281 to 1300 of 1556

Thread: Gran Turismo 5     submit to reddit submit to twitter

  1. #1281
    Ze NinjaSYXX
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    11,899
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Fuck those 2nd seasonal events, i can get at most a silver on them cept the mini cooper one, fuck that one. Also wtf @ the nascar one, honestly not gonna bother buying a nascar to go in that event only to win my money back. Lol

    I'm gonna try to gold the gt-r one before it expires, i got like 2 seconds away from 2nd place w/ fuck ups on the current setup i have so we'll see what happens if i run perfect laps.

  2. #1282
    Chram
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    2,683
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Titan

    Suggestions for the Historic Racing Car Cup in the expert series? I have squat in my garage for it, and I can't seem to find anything in the Dealership/Used to make me competitive. It's my last Expert races, and it's an eyesore to not have gold.

  3. #1283
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,103
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Devolver View Post
    Suggestions for the Historic Racing Car Cup in the expert series? I have squat in my garage for it, and I can't seem to find anything in the Dealership/Used to make me competitive. It's my last Expert races, and it's an eyesore to not have gold.
    I'd try to get a Toyota 7 from B-Spec (I think it's from there). If not, I've heard of people winning it with a heavily modded Countach, but you need to drive perfectly to win.

  4. #1284
    Chram
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    2,683
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Titan

    Quote Originally Posted by Eliseos View Post
    I'd try to get a Toyota 7 from B-Spec (I think it's from there). If not, I've heard of people winning it with a heavily modded Countach, but you need to drive perfectly to win.
    Blaaaaargh B-spec. I suppose I could give the Countach a go.

  5. #1285
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    3,732
    BG Level
    7

    Race Modded Z28 Camaro, or birthday glitch one of the historic cars.

  6. #1286
    Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    30,320
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    Quote Originally Posted by Devolver View Post
    Suggestions for the Historic Racing Car Cup in the expert series? I have squat in my garage for it, and I can't seem to find anything in the Dealership/Used to make me competitive. It's my last Expert races, and it's an eyesore to not have gold.
    Yeah.. Toyota 7 is from the "Like the Wind" B-Spec isn't it? I can't remember. I beat my with the Ferrari 330P4 that I got from a friend, so :/ If I had two, I'd pass you one.

    In other news, I just finished cheesing my way to my first X1 (or X2010..whatever) by getting B-Spec to 35. Shit took FOREVEROHGOD.

  7. #1287
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    730
    BG Level
    5

    yea, im pretty late getting into b-spec, and i want to gold all the beginner races before i go on and my driver in the fuckin yaris race sucks dick... i cant stay in first, every time i get there my guy always brakes late and i get passed by 2 cars at which point theres no way ill be able to win, my yaris has 20 more hp and he still cant fuckin win! should i just fully upgrade the shit? i really dont want to but i think i might have too

  8. #1288
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,103
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Dylon View Post
    yea, im pretty late getting into b-spec, and i want to gold all the beginner races before i go on and my driver in the fuckin yaris race sucks dick... i cant stay in first, every time i get there my guy always brakes late and i get passed by 2 cars at which point theres no way ill be able to win, my yaris has 20 more hp and he still cant fuckin win! should i just fully upgrade the shit? i really dont want to but i think i might have too
    Just come back to it once your driver is a lot higher level. It's cheaper and less frustrating that way. If you really want to win, you'll have to buy every single upgrade for the car.

  9. #1289
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    730
    BG Level
    5

    k, i figured it was because of my driver. yea im not even gonna worry about it since i hate that car anyway, shit cant even break 120 without drafting -.-

  10. #1290
    Ze NinjaSYXX
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    11,899
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Finally have the money for my FGT but i'm not lvl 24 yet. Lol also fuck nurburgring, fuck nascar. Holy shit fuck that race. That car does not belong there.

  11. #1291
    Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    30,320
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    NASCAR at the ring is fun man! Yeah! (Just kidding, it was ass)

    so I'm 9 hours away from finishing the first 24 hour Endurance race for B-Spec.

  12. #1292
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    3,083
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

    I came back just to say Fuck B-spec

  13. #1293
    Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    30,320
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnell View Post
    I came back just to say Fuck B-spec
    lmao. Mine's 35 with every event completed except the Ring 24hr and the level 35 2 hr. 7 hours left on it! My X2010 is raping folks by like 100 laps.

  14. #1294
    Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    30,320
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    aaaand finished. 2.4mil exp, shit money (like 250k), a new race car (the GT One Toyota..standard ) and -100+ HP on my X1, due to it racing 4300 miles in that race, lmao.

  15. #1295
    Ze NinjaSYXX
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    11,899
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    I don't understand, how the hell do you guys get good exp in this? I'm just doing the lvl 23 american challenge on a spec to grind more money for my FGT. But i only gain a measly 4k xp, any better xp gaining races other than me just grinding the regular special events?

  16. #1296
    My name is Not Sure
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    382
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Anyone have a Toyota 7 or something I could use to beat the classic race car series? My b spec is only 12 so doing likethe wind is a long way off!

  17. #1297
    Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    8,976
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Nitsuki View Post
    I don't understand, how the hell do you guys get good exp in this? I'm just doing the lvl 23 american challenge on a spec to grind more money for my FGT. But i only gain a measly 4k xp, any better xp gaining races other than me just grinding the regular special events?
    I think I was in the same boat (level 22) when the first set of special A-Spec events came out. I think that bumped me to 24 after getting a good number of them done (but the hell with NASCAR 'Ring, hell with that crap)

    Doing the expert AMG Ring class wasnt difficult at 24 (all silvers) so that took about 50% of the xp bar. That with finishing Dream car series got me to 25 without much trouble.

  18. #1298
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,103
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Nitsuki View Post
    I don't understand, how the hell do you guys get good exp in this? I'm just doing the lvl 23 american challenge on a spec to grind more money for my FGT. But i only gain a measly 4k xp, any better xp gaining races other than me just grinding the regular special events?
    For the lower levels, special events and licenses help out a bit. Golding them gives (anecdotal evidence at least) a bit more than silver/bronze did. However, at level 30, golding an s-license exam gave 500 exp total lol. Just bronzing the Sebastian Vettel challenge bumped me from somewhere around 27 to just over 30 (it's a level 30 event, but my b-spec level was at 32 or 33 at that point, and the unlocks go based off your highest level).

    Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama View Post
    aaaand finished. 2.4mil exp, shit money (like 250k), a new race car (the GT One Toyota..standard ) and -100+ HP on my X1, due to it racing 4300 miles in that race, lmao.
    From what I can tell, this is the most efficient race in terms of exp. I don't think any other race even gives close to 97k/hour, but it does mean your ps3 is out of commission for an entire day. The 9 hour race is decent for easy overnight exp.

  19. #1299
    Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    30,320
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    Quote Originally Posted by Eliseos View Post
    For the lower levels, special events and licenses help out a bit. Golding them gives (anecdotal evidence at least) a bit more than silver/bronze did. However, at level 30, golding an s-license exam gave 500 exp total lol. Just bronzing the Sebastian Vettel challenge bumped me from somewhere around 27 to just over 30 (it's a level 30 event, but my b-spec level was at 32 or 33 at that point, and the unlocks go based off your highest level).



    From what I can tell, this is the most efficient race in terms of exp. I don't think any other race even gives close to 97k/hour, but it does mean your ps3 is out of commission for an entire day. The 9 hour race is decent for easy overnight exp.
    I've been fucking about with the Red Bull X1/X2010 to get used to it before I go back to Vettel's challenge. God that car's delicious. As far as grinding goes.. I think I'm like 100k til 36 after doing that one race, so I'm gonna probably set up the 9hr race when I go to bed tonight and do that periodically.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nitsuki View Post
    I don't understand, how the hell do you guys get good exp in this? I'm just doing the lvl 23 american challenge on a spec to grind more money for my FGT. But i only gain a measly 4k xp, any better xp gaining races other than me just grinding the regular special events?
    Golding all the Special Events + Season Events is your best bet. I was already level 26.6ish when the first set of Seasonals came out, almost 28 now after golding all ten of em (from the first and second set). I think my point where I got stuck at was 23.5...and then I just spammed the Indy 500 on the American Races until I hit 24, then I did the Dream Car Championship multiple times to level+get good cash. Hell, I still haven't done the GTF1 Challenge yet because I've been too god damn lazy, Haha.

  20. #1300
    True skill only comes from macro switching all your e-peen gear thru 10 pages
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    4,740
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    For you peeps that are loaded but don't have a wheel yet:

    Thrustmaster T500RS Sneak Peak


Page 65 of 78 FirstFirst ... 15 55 63 64 65 66 67 75 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Gran Turismo PSP
    By Militant in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 2009-10-02, 11:24