Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 545
  1. #161
    DEUS VULT
    FITE ME

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    10,606
    BG Level
    9
    Blog Entries
    4

    I have confirmation on BoA Visa bank/debit cards in CA are VbV.

  2. #162
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,203
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    Quote Originally Posted by The Blackrose View Post
    Take that back about Valkyria Chronicles before I kick your ass to the high heavens, good sir.

    Also, no email here, but it's only a matter of time for me. I'm sure they'll catch up and nail the rest of us sooner or later.

    i'll take it back when they stop making sonic games.

    Quote Originally Posted by Xeres Celestia Highwind View Post
    where do Canadians fit under that I wonder. Since we use the US version but arn't in the US so we don't fall under their laws.
    canadians are also offered securecodes i believe, although given where im living now I highly doubt my bank would have it.



    also: I wonder how many people they're gonna charge late fees for reactivation like they did me two months ago. hurhurhur easy money! its alllll coming together now

  3. #163
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    953
    BG Level
    5

    Quote Originally Posted by isladar View Post
    I have confirmation on BoA Visa bank/debit cards in CA are VbV.
    They disagree'd on the phone. o.o

  4. #164
    Cerberus
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    429
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Quote Originally Posted by Aihree View Post
    If only BoA offered it for their credit cards in all states instead of leaving some out to dry like those of us in California.
    I have BofA credit card and live in California but didn't get the e-mail.. nor am I registered with 3-D secure. Not sure if I'm going to be affected.

  5. #165
    Hydra
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    104
    BG Level
    3
    FFXI Server
    Siren

    I didn't get email, but to make sure, can anyone go through the steps I need to complete for mastercard? I don't really understand what this whole 3-d thing is or why it is necessary to pay for FFXI

  6. #166
    True skill only comes from macro switching all your e-peen gear thru 10 pages
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    4,740
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Maybe the peeps that didn't get the email will receive it tomorrow... <_<
    Also, if anyone here needs a PS2 user to update their info I'm willing to help out... >_>
    Quote Originally Posted by Nattack View Post
    also: I wonder how many people they're gonna charge late fees for reactivation like they did me two months ago. hurhurhur easy money! its alllll coming together now
    I lol'd

  7. #167
    Arctor
    Guest

    Has anyone who uses a debit card gotten one of these emails? I'm curious if it's just limited to credit cards or not.

    Also, what are people unable to get a Verified by Visa card supposed to do?

  8. #168
    Tarutaru Subligar Inspector
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    251
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    It is not difficult to get a Visa or Mastercard. Suck it up and quit whining. If you really can't figure how to get a Mastercard, go to Sears and mebbe Sam's Club, they give the damn things away there.

  9. #169
    The 69th Donor
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    15,071
    BG Level
    9
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

    Quote Originally Posted by lolBST View Post
    It is not difficult to get a Visa or Mastercard. Suck it up and quit whining. If you really can't figure how to get a Mastercard, go to Sears and mebbe Sam's Club, they give the damn things away there.
    Hi. Welcome to the land of the "we don't give out credit to just anyone." No credit history? No card. Bad credit history? No card. Iffy credit history? No card. It's not as easy as you think it is. I'm twenty-eight years old and I've been turned down a lot more times than I've been approved, and my credit is fairly average, if not decent or better. (I have no exact idea how my credit ranks, since a lot of my credit history is tied to the shitty credit of my ex-husband.)

    I don't know what kind of fantasy world you live in, but it's not as easy as people think it is to just run out and get new credit cards.

    Also, typically department store cards such as a Sears or JCPenney card only work in that store, last I checked. Not exactly useful for SE payments.

  10. #170
    Arctor
    Guest

    Quote Originally Posted by Aksannyi View Post
    I don't know what kind of fantasy world you live in, but it's not as easy as people think it is to just run out and get new credit cards.
    People who say it's "easy" to get credit cards are probably young, credit card companies basically throw them at college age people. After that, not so much.

  11. #171
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    8,032
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Odin

    So ya, i'm canadian. How do I check? Lol. Can't remember my pol email password, so can't check email. Any ideas?

  12. #172
    THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU
    Avatar of Fury.

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    5,584
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Shiroe Blackrose
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    Quote Originally Posted by lolBST View Post
    It is not difficult to get a Visa or Mastercard. Suck it up and quit whining. If you really can't figure how to get a Mastercard, go to Sears and mebbe Sam's Club, they give the damn things away there.
    I'd say that you're retarded given the current state of the economy, but that would be redundant since you finished a Guttler.

  13. #173
    Sandworm Swallows
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    7,147
    BG Level
    8

    I work at JcPenney and I have seen plenty of people who have other credit cards get denied when they tried to apply for one of our cards. Hell, I've seen them complain loudly about it because they think their credit is good (maybe it is, I dunno) and they just happened to get turned down for some reason or another. It's absolutely not easy to get a credit card. I WORK there and I get turned down every time I open one, because I have never had a credit card (I only have a debit card atm).

  14. #174
    New Merits
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    210
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Quote Originally Posted by Aksannyi View Post
    it's not as easy as people think it is to just run out and get new credit cards.
    But wait, are you all sure there aren't some standard pre-paid card verified? I did read that somewhere on the past topics about this... it just seems that's not a standard in all countries, but just in few?

  15. #175
    Tarutaru Subligar Inspector
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    251
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Meh, I got a Sears card when I was 18 with no credit, got Visa Credit/Debit at 19, AMEX at 21. If your bank doesn't offer you a credit card to go with the Debit, get a better bank. Saw someone mentioned they were in Charlotte area, not sure if they were having problems, but BB&T gives credit after you get debit. And yes, Sears Discovery works like a normal credit card, used it for my U-Haul a couple years back.

    Get a bank that knows what the hell they are doing, it's not hard. The only way I can see a problem is if you are under 18 and parents are paying, or if you just turned 18 and haven't got around to taking care of your own finances yet. It is not rocket science, banks offer this crap all the time.

  16. #176
    Puppetmaster
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    58
    BG Level
    2
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

    I can't wait till sept 1st.

  17. #177
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    853
    BG Level
    5
    FFXIV Character
    Zumi Kasumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

    My card isn't verified by visa and I didn't get one of those emails. Is there something else you have had to do to get one like try and change your info?

  18. #178
    Sandworm Swallows
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    7,147
    BG Level
    8

    Do we even know that SE is going to start enforcing this for people they didn't send emails to? As far as we know only the OP has gotten this email, I haven't seen anyone else say they have. Say I don't change my mule account's card and just leave it on my unverified debit card. Are we sure anything will even happen? You think they'll start closing people's accounts with no warning? I wouldn't put it past them, but I don't see how they could do that and still have anyone want to play their games.

    [edit] my bad, read the other thread on the page, looks like they only send you the email or lock your account if you try to change your info. Ok, but that still doesn't answer my question about whether they're going to start randomly closing out people who don't change info/don't have a vbv card.

  19. #179
    You fall, we haul. Saving your Ass is my business
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    488
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    So i use a pay pal virtual card to pay for my main atm, you think those will be effected as well seeing they basically are made for the internet shopping and as such i would assume those would be a safe bet yes?

  20. #180
    roly poly
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    184
    BG Level
    3
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Quote Originally Posted by Aksannyi View Post
    Hi. Welcome to the land of the "we don't give out credit to just anyone." No credit history? No card. Bad credit history? No card. Iffy credit history? No card. It's not as easy as you think it is. I'm twenty-eight years old and I've been turned down a lot more times than I've been approved, and my credit is fairly average, if not decent or better. (I have no exact idea how my credit ranks, since a lot of my credit history is tied to the shitty credit of my ex-husband.)

    I don't know what kind of fantasy world you live in, but it's not as easy as people think it is to just run out and get new credit cards.

    Also, typically department store cards such as a Sears or JCPenney card only work in that store, last I checked. Not exactly useful for SE payments.
    I don't think the Sears MC even works for this (couldn't find it at ALL under the list of "financial institutions" or whatever). It's what I have, and after 2 hours scrambling with the stupid site, I couldn't find jack on getting it secured for this (no e-mail btw). Ended up calling POL an hour before the lines closed for the day to get my account verified just in case, and was told "should your account close on the 1st or 2nd, call back." Was surprised how helpful the rep. on the phone actually was, though.

Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Playonline Email/Message notification issue...
    By Kitsumi in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 2008-02-22, 13:07
  2. No Beastmaster in Blue LS?
    By Killua in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 2006-01-23, 03:00
  3. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 2004-11-10, 11:12
  4. help me out.. lotting rule alterations or no?
    By berticus in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 2004-09-28, 08:03