1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 21 hours, 13 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 2 hours, 46 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 5 days, 14 hours, 13 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 19 hours, 46 minutes
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 168
  1. #21
    New Odin
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    8,825
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by BRP View Post
    It really doesn't matter, since this is not what the thread is about and it is not what my question is about.
    Well, tactics and negotiation sound like something that could be classified as 'spells' maybe. Like bard songs being 'spells' in XI but not quite. So if they worked like that, they'd be classified as physical/magical job as well?

  2. #22
    Fake Numbers
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    92
    BG Level
    2
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Durotan

    many thx

    Quote Originally Posted by Elmer the Pointy View Post
    [*]One aspect of FFXIV is that adventuring isn't limited to grinding off enemies. For example, a player could become a "high level" Weaver without engaging in a single battle.
    so... in this case we wil call it weaver-skill whoring and not level grinding! got it!^^


    Stilzkin:
    Guess this means guildleves aren't instanced which makes me happy.
    where do you read that from?

    "kill the big fire dragon HNM" guildleve will be the very same as the Ouryu Cometh instance, and whatsoever.
    i still think that guildleves wil be instances.

  3. #23
    BRP
    BRP is offline
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    15,019
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Hyan View Post
    Well, tactics and negotiation sound like something that could be classified as 'spells' maybe. Like bard songs being 'spells' in XI but not quite. So if they worked like that, they'd be classified as physical/magical job as well?
    This doesn't answer my question. Which is why I said it was pointless talking about it further. Would you stop?

  4. #24
    New Odin
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    8,825
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by BRP View Post
    This doesn't answer my question. Which is why I said it was pointless talking about it further. Would you stop?
    Yeah, I just can't imagine how would those type of classes differ from the normal physical/magical ones so I'd just like for you to clarify. To me it sounds like they still belong to one of the two different paths, and aren't anything new.

  5. #25
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    955
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Odin

    Quote Originally Posted by Rautha View Post
    many thx



    so... in this case we wil call it weaver-skill whoring and not level grinding! got it!^^




    where do you read that from?

    "kill the big fire dragon HNM" guildleve will be the very same as the Ouryu Cometh instance, and whatsoever.
    i still think that guildleves wil be instances.
    maybe, or maybe not because in one of the interviews at gamescon it said some guildleves you will have to walk to the location but get a free ride back.

  6. #26
    Old Odin
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    6,198
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    The Auto-Translate function indicates that we will have mixed servers again.

    I'm out SE. Mixed Servers "Thanks for the offer, but I'll have to pass!".

  7. #27

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    7,994
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    The Auto-Translate function indicates that we will have mixed servers again.

    I'm out SE. Mixed Servers "Thanks for the offer, but I'll have to pass!".
    Bye!

    And we knew about that weeks ago.

  8. #28
    They call me Lord Null for a reason.
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,933
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    The Auto-Translate function indicates that we will have mixed servers again.

    I'm out SE. Mixed Servers "Thanks for the offer, but I'll have to pass!".
    Peace out.

  9. #29
    New Odin
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    8,825
    BG Level
    8

    I dunno what's so bad about mixed servers.

    I'd rather play with players from around the globe rather than with only my fellow countrymen, but I guess that's just me.

    JP ONRY came simply because JP's got a headstart in XI and couldn't deal with the less experienced English players.. now we all start at the same line.

  10. #30

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    7,994
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Quote Originally Posted by Hyan View Post
    I dunno what's so bad about mixed servers.

    I'd rather play with players from around the globe rather than with only my fellow countrymen, but I guess that's just me.

    JP ONRY came simply because JP's got a headstart in XI and couldn't deal with the less experienced English players.. now we all start at the same line.
    Nah dude mixed servers suck, who wants to be able to log in at ass-o-clock in the morning and still have people to play with. Stupid, servers that are ghost towns for half the day are way better.

    Harharhar, sorry but global servers are way better than localized, and people who are retarded about it piss me off. I'm with ya~

  11. #31
    King Bitcher of Bitchington
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,509
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

    although I'm not excited fer mixed servers the fact that they are releasing it the same time EVERYWHERE is still fine.

    that way JP/NA/EU will all be noobies and their shouldn't be any issues... I can see how people will flock to whoever speaks their language during the starting stages to try and get help with things

    that crafting bit is pretty interesting also

  12. #32
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    3,565
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Amelia Diremii
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

    Quote Originally Posted by 100percentile View Post
    Awesome. Just what I wanted to hear.
    Awesome - yes.

    But you know they will have an Adaberk that people still won't know it's true color.

    Elmer, <3. Great job as usual.

    And the whole switching weapons thing is so making this sound more and more like a FFT MMO.

  13. #33
    New Odin
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    8,825
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Koul View Post
    that crafting bit is pretty interesting also
    Somebody should really ask them about that.. since it's supposedly a big part of the game this time instead of just some afterthought.

    If they expect some players to level to cap only using a crafting class it's gotta be something revolutionary.. with the way crafting is now in MMO's I would get bored pretty fast myself =P.

  14. #34
    King Bitcher of Bitchington
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,509
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

    Quote Originally Posted by Hyan View Post
    Somebody should really ask them about that.. since it's supposedly a big part of the game this time instead of just some afterthought.

    If they expect some players to level to cap only using a crafting class it's gotta be something revolutionary.. with the way crafting is now in MMO's I would get bored pretty fast myself =P.
    well, there probably will be those players who mostly just focus on raising their crafting skills and that's ALL they do. The thing I'm more concerned with is that the crafted items will be... useful...

    I'm not much of a hardcore crafter myself but I'm sure they're trying to cater somewhat to those types of people. It reminds me of one of SE's interviews where like employees of SE who played the game all had their weird quirks lol one dude collected weapons and another just crafted all day.

    I don't even know what I'm trying to say

  15. #35
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    1,668
    BG Level
    6

    It sounds very interesting. Its funny every time theres new details released about XIV im happy and a little dissapointed. On the one hand the huge part that quests, guilds, and crafters sounds really intriguing but on the other hand, im a little sad that they have not really mentioned much about the party mechanics or linkshell like communication tools.

  16. #36
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    955
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Odin

    when asked about the linkshell system they replied with a bit about joining organizations who share goals in common

  17. #37
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    817
    BG Level
    5
    FFXIV Character
    Trine Traverse
    FFXIV Server
    Odin
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

    Quote Originally Posted by Celeras View Post
    Harharhar, sorry but global servers are way better than localized, and people who are retarded about it piss me off. I'm with ya~
    It's great when you live in the states, I'm sure. There basically were no EU people on my server, so it wasn't all that awesome for me.

  18. #38
    i'm awesome.
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    9,218
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Hyan View Post
    JP ONRY came simply because JP's got a headstart in XI and couldn't deal with the less experienced English players.. now we all start at the same line.
    Wrong. This mentality perpetuated long after the period you're suggesting it arose from. It is also not the case that every Japanese speaking player has been playing longer than every English speaking player. That is to say, your argument only works if every Japanese speaking player had signed up before NA release and if there wasn't a plateau in the learning curve. Given time, everyone is on the same playing field, you can only cast Utsusemi so many ways.
    Quote Originally Posted by Celeras View Post
    Nah dude mixed servers suck, who wants to be able to log in at ass-o-clock in the morning and still have people to play with. Stupid, servers that are ghost towns for half the day are way better.

    Harharhar, sorry but global servers are way better than localized, and people who are retarded about it piss me off. I'm with ya~
    Because mixed servers and region-specific servers are the same thing. In their context it refers to language. There are English speakers in every time zone, who would sufficiently populate a predominantly English speaking server.

    Both of these arguments for mixed servers are tired. If you honestly believe mixed servers are the only way to keep a server active, then I don't know. If you really think the split between the NA and JP community will be nonexistent simply because of a simultaneous release, then you're living in la-la land.

    Good information, lots of speculation in the other threads confirmed.

  19. #39
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    19,023
    BG Level
    9

    Mixed servers are fine for the most part. Bitching about it doesn't do any good, rage quitting because of it is funny though.

  20. #40
    New Odin
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    8,825
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Maguspk View Post
    Wrong. This mentality perpetuated long after the period you're suggesting it arose from. It is also not the case that every Japanese speaking player has been playing longer than every English speaking player. That is to say, your argument only works if every Japanese speaking player had signed up before NA release and if there wasn't a plateau in the learning curve. Given time, everyone is on the same playing field, you can only cast Utsusemi so many ways.
    Have you seen lot of JP ONRY comments these recent years? I personally haven't. Newer Japanese players have more open mind to us than the oldschool ones do, precisely because of the reason you mentioned.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast