84-85 season, Wings finished 3rd in the Norris, Blackhawks 2nd, Blues 1st.
84-85 season, Wings finished 3rd in the Norris, Blackhawks 2nd, Blues 1st.
Oh shit haha, almost forgot: Yesterday we stopped at my mom's old house to grab some shit to bring back up with us when we left dinner w/ family, in the garage I found my helmet/gloves from when I played peewee nearly 20 years ago(the helmet damn near still fits), and a bunch of old cards from 92-94.
Got a Selanne rookie card with the sweet hologram action, found Amonte/Olczyk cards that at first I was like SWEET about til I realized they were both from the Rangers, a couple of Modano cards including one from the first year they moved to Dallas, lol.
I just had to replace my helmet that I've been wearing since high school (96) before my game I had on Thursday. Stupid me put my hockey bag near the rear of my car and went in to get my keys so I could throw it in the trunk. Upon getting back outside I forgot about it, got in the car and backed up, ran right over half my back and crushed my helmet in the process lol. Thankfully the side with my shin pads and skates was untouched....but yeah, felt like a total moron lol. Still rocking the HS shoulder pads though, in true Chelios fashion.
So many how many years does Nick Lidstrom still have? this year has been his weakest ever.
Weakest by Lidstrom isn't saying much, he's been on almost a PPG pace for the 2nd half of the season, and is still one of, if not the best defensive players in the game. Then again for the guy who was head and shoulders better than everyone else a few years ago, I'd say that yeah that does qualify as weak.
Years remaining... he could probably play until he is Chelios' age, but likely 2-3 more years. After that I can't see him maintaining a 1st line role, and can't imagine Nick taking 2nd or 3rd pairing minutes.
So...heres how the ECF is at this time.
Rank Team GP pts (max) games remaining
6. Montreal 79 86 (92) @NYI, @Car, Tor
7. Boston 79 85 (91) Buf, Car, @Was
8. Philadelphia 79 84 (90) @Tor, @NYR, Nyr
9. NY Rangers 78 82 (90) @Buf, Tor, Phi, @Phi
10. Atlanta 79 81 (87) NJ, @Was, Pit
NJ and Pit are still battling for second instead of fourth, and Ovie doesnt take nights off...Atlanta is fucked. Unless Boston chokes hard, which isnt all that unlikely since 2 of 3 games are against divison champs, either the Rangers or Flyers will sit on the outside looking in. Montreal should make it, provided they dont pull their customary "its a shit team, lets not bother showing up", as their last 3 games are against the bottom of the ECF.
Predictions:
Montreal Rangers Boston Flyers Atlanta
Sorry Flyers fans, but without a goalie, theres no hope![]()
I've actually seen a lot of articles, using both scouting and advanced metrics, that this has been a good year for Nick. While it seems like the Wings were playing with half an AHL roster at times in the first half, he's had most of his ice time against strong competition without much support. His offensive numbers are down but I'm pretty sure there's some gas left in the tank. He's an UFA after this season but I couldn't see him anywhere other than Detroit if he wanted one or two more years.
Also, Caps scratched Mike Green and John Carlson last night, not sure if he's keeping them fresh for tonight against the Pens, or just gonna rest some key players the rest of the way with the Presidents' sewn up. Ho hum, still got a win and 1G 2A for Backstrom.
Also, homer quote of the day:
Duncan Keith (whose name is frequently thrown around as a Norris contender this year) has been on the ice for 11% fewer goals FOR at 5-on-5 (90 to 80) than Green. He's also been on the ice for 46% more goals AGAINST (50 to 73) than Green. All while Green sees 21% less ice time 5-on-5.
Are you there god? It's me, Virtue. Please let the cunty Flyers choke their way out of the playoffs.
I wish I could say I was excited about the Pens and Caps tonight. But meaningless game is kinda meaningless.
Great picks, I agree. Montreal will do well as long as Halak keeps on sizzling. So glad the habs are finally benching Price more.
On a side note, please have the Coyotes move back to the 'Peg. I want a NHL team again, and this time, I have the income for season tickets! (I was 10 when the Jets left...so...yeah...)
Man I am loving all the NHL parody commercials for their History will be made series.
I'm sorry, who won the World Juniors? Who won the aggregate between the US-Canada head to head matchups in the Olympics and pushed you into a desperate OT struggle in the final on your home ice? What franchises have won the past bazillion Stanley Cups? Whos the cup favorites?
But hey its cool, continue to live in your great nation's capital and talk shit on them. Fucking arab.
Saying things that avoid my charge that you're speaking negatively about your country despite your residency in its capital doesn't make you any less of a traitor.