Page 272 of 276 FirstFirst ... 222 262 270 271 272 273 274 ... LastLast
Results 5421 to 5440 of 5505

Thread: 2009-10 NHL Thread     submit to reddit submit to twitter

  1. #5421
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,466
    BG Level
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by Ishido View Post
    "The Rangers season comes down to Olli Jokinen"

    rofl.
    That sums up how sad our season was -- I don't miss it

  2. #5422
    You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    26,424
    BG Level
    10

    What the hell damn crap, every series except one starts on Wednesday or Thursday, except for Hawks/Preds which I have to wait til Friday for.

  3. #5423
    BG's Official Canucks Fan
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    7,819
    BG Level
    8

    Buffalo is going to play Boston? Wow that's going to be one boring ass series. 7 consecutive 0-0 games going to overtime.

  4. #5424
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    1,223
    BG Level
    6

    It sucks that NBC didn't put the Philly - NYR game on yesterday, at least the NHL network had it on though. I hate NBC's reasoning behind it being that people would rather watch Ovie go for the scoring title than watch a game that actually means something.

    It was nice seeing Chimera being somewhat effective for Washington yesterday, I really liked him when he played here in Columbus.

  5. #5425
    WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    9,065
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

    Quote Originally Posted by Arnwulf View Post
    It sucks that NBC didn't put the Philly - NYR game on yesterday, at least the NHL network had it on though. I hate NBC's reasoning behind it being that people would rather watch Ovie go for the scoring title than watch a game that actually means something.
    What's sad is, they're probably right. More people who have just heard the name Ovechkin before are gonna tune in for that than people who are Rangers/Philly/Hockey fans in general.

  6. #5426
    BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    37,887
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Mytiwar View Post
    For the few people watching hockey on the RDS channel in Quebec, is Benoit Brunet as retarded as he sounds or he's just putting up a show?
    You really want an answer?

    RDS like most sport channel have their share of idiots

    Versus (iirc) got Milbury someone got Barnaby

    RDS got Joel Bouchard (he'e not that bad analysor but a sitty player) Marc Denis (HAHAHAHAH LOL), Benoit Brunet (cry) they also had one tme Denis Gauthier (did you every score30goal in the NHL in your total? and they had P.J. Stock)

    Now i am watching RDS mutted but listening to CKAC 730 Radio much better

  7. #5427
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    922
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    I was at the game yesterday, and all i can say is wow.

    to think it would come down to a shootout. And i hate to say it, but karma is a bitch. thats what the rangers deserve for not trying at all in OT.

    and yesterday proves how much i hate the shootout. a point in the standings and/or a playoff berth should not be decided by something inducted into the game just to satisfy what the league thinks will make it more exciting. the first 60 minutes were more exciting than the shootout, imo.

    have to say i did enjoy watching Hank scurry off the ice after Boosh made the last save

  8. #5428
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    502
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Deathwing

    Quote Originally Posted by Alderaan View Post
    I absolutely love all the Crosby haters on every article/blog i read. Say what you will about him but he steps up in the biggest situations. That's the sign of greatness, not some meaningless regular season accomplishment. I expect the Pens to step it up now and we'll see what happens in the second round.
    Because if they don't no-one will go to their games anymore and they might threaten to take the arena away again.

  9. #5429
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    790
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

    Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    Now i am watching RDS mutted but listening to CKAC 730 Radio much better
    Yeah I heard this was the way to go. Sadly I don't have the proper setup for it plus I think laughing at Brunet's retarded comments, "wows" and "incredibles" is becoming one of the reasons why I'm actually watching hockey.

  10. #5430
    You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    26,424
    BG Level
    10

    I just watched the highlights of Ducks/Oilers from last night and good god the Oilers were woefully bad, lol.

  11. #5431
    THIS IS BREGOR'S STORY
    Beard +1

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    23,089
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivaden View Post
    Speaking of the History Will Be Made commercials, which are fucking fantastic by the way, what's the song they use? I need it as a ringtone or something I'm not real sure, but I need it.
    Anyone figure this out yet? I've searched everywhere and I can't find the answer.

  12. #5432
    TOO MUCH MAN
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    8,264
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Alderaan View Post
    I absolutely love all the Crosby haters on every article/blog i read. Say what you will about him but he steps up in the biggest situations. That's the sign of greatness, not some meaningless regular season accomplishment. I expect the Pens to step it up now and we'll see what happens in the second round.
    Wait what?

    Wasn't he the one who only got 3 points in the finals last year? People are now saying he's clutch because he scored the most important goal at the Olympics. He's a great player but he really hasn't done enough to deserve people calling him clutch or saying that he steps up in the biggest situations.

  13. #5433
    Mr. Anna Kendrick
    BGs Worst Golde Abuser

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    11,008
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Charles Barkley
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Didn't he score the shootout winner in the innaugural Outdoor Classic?!?!

    Didn't he score 2 goals and 3 more assists in the final game for the Rocket Richard and almost made a legendary one-day run at the Art Ross?

    Didn't he win 6 games for the Penguins in the shootout this year?

    Didn't he lead the league in playoff goal scoring last year? IS THAT NOT CLUTCH?



    http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/multimedi...ime-talbot.jpg
    Hey... wanna talk about clutch? The Pens 4th-line Center Max Talbot had more goals last postseason than Marian Hossa hahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahhahaha AND IM SURE YOU REMEMBER TWO OF THEM

  14. #5434
    BG's Official Canucks Fan
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    7,819
    BG Level
    8

    If anyone here uses Twitter you have to post a message using the tag #ThrowTheSnake. If it becomes a national trending topic a fan has promised to toss a Rattlesnake onto the ice during Phoenix's first game.

  15. #5435
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,466
    BG Level
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by Abraxas View Post
    I was at the game yesterday, and all i can say is wow.

    to think it would come down to a shootout. And i hate to say it, but karma is a bitch. thats what the rangers deserve for not trying at all in OT.

    and yesterday proves how much i hate the shootout. a point in the standings and/or a playoff berth should not be decided by something inducted into the game just to satisfy what the league thinks will make it more exciting. the first 60 minutes were more exciting than the shootout, imo.

    have to say i did enjoy watching Hank scurry off the ice after Boosh made the last save
    I don't see how saying karma is a bitch is a fair statement... The Rangers were on their heels the whole game, and the one spot they figured they could pull it out was the shootout, so why risk it in OT? it backfired on them, but putting yourself in the best scenario to win is still sound strategy.

    That being said, a game, or position of that magnitude shouldn't be decided by a skills competition. I'm not trying to invalidate the Flyers' win, they won the game fair and square.

    All-in-all I'm glad the season is over. I gave up on this team months ago, and figured they weren't going to make the playoffs... And if they did, while there are some teams I say they'd beat in a series... They are without question not a contender. But I got swept up in this late season surge, which I think is the only reason them losing yesterday stung.

    Few bright spots this season... But it was really a total failure.

  16. #5436
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    922
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    i agree. the Twins/Tigers last year had that playoff for the final spot, the NHL should do the same. for a situation like this, while it may not happen again for a while, it should be a sudden death OT, keep going til someone wins. a shootout is fucking lame.

    hell if the NFL can change its OT rules, the NHL could too. but we've all been here before (complaining about Bettman/rules, etc.)

    the Rangers may have thought they could win the shootout, and the majority would have agreed. but with how the Flyers peppered Hank and we only put up one? how many games have you seen something like that, and the other team comes down and gets one shot and it goes in? it felt like that could have happened in the OT, but the Rangers stayed in their zone. that was my point

  17. #5437
    You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    26,424
    BG Level
    10

    I won't agree to any of the haters who say Crosby is overrated, he is a fantastic player.








    I will sure as fuck 100% agree that he is over-exposed worse than Miley Cyrus and his face looks like an autistic pterodactyl.

  18. #5438
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    992
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    I thought we were gonna get a playoffs thread. Did we decide against that?

  19. #5439
    BG's Official Canucks Fan
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    7,819
    BG Level
    8

    It's going up on Wednesday.

  20. #5440
    Dr. Salami
    HERO OF TIME

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    7,565
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Selamis Bloodwood
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    Cal said he would make that Wednesday a page or so back, I believe.

Page 272 of 276 FirstFirst ... 222 262 270 271 272 273 274 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 6664
    Last Post: 2010-06-14, 00:40
  2. Wide Open: 2009-10 College Basketball Season
    By BarthelloSylph in forum Sports
    Replies: 680
    Last Post: 2010-06-01, 00:26
  3. Official NHL Thread
    By melbufrauma in forum Sports
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 2009-02-04, 00:25
  4. The official '07 NHL Playoff Thread
    By Norelco in forum Sports
    Replies: 80
    Last Post: 2007-05-05, 12:08