idk if its been pointed out yet... but its 8 windows 7 keys now.
idk if its been pointed out yet... but its 8 windows 7 keys now.
What? I've had windows 7 ultimate OEM RTM installed and fully activated since mid July. But whatever you say.
I'm not knocking the site for people who wish to use it legitimately, it's a great deal if you qualify and wish to get the software cheap. Nothing wrong with that at all. It's the other people who are defrauding the company that are hilarious. Middle-man piracy for a premium.
Ya well this is alot better then cracking a win7 you get off a P2P site.I stopped doing that years ago cause its a pain in the ass MS always fixes it at some point so the old cracks dont work so gotta reinstall and find a new crack.So to them its better then p2p these keys wont just stop working 1 day this is like hitting the piracy jackpot.
so you cant really blame them for jumping at the chance to get in on this.
Yeah I really enjoyed when Microsoft decided my Windows XP of 3 years was no longer genuine and limited EVERYTHING I could do unless I paid to activate it. I never did, I just found a version that was wga passed, of course it was still a pain in the ass having to reformat.
It's not cracked. I put in a leaked manufacturer OEM key the same way everybody else does when they install. Its the one Lenovo uses for all their installations, if microsoft "fixes it" by messing with the leaked key they'd be disabling thousands of legitimate systems put on the market by Lenovo. IE: Will never happen.
However, protip, when they do go to fix those ghetto crack/patches(that you should never use anyway because all they do is overwrite files).. they do so from Windows Update. It's not a magical fix that they send to your computer through airwaves. As long as you don't let WU auto-run, and pick and chose what you want to download you can't be touched.
But like I said, students should pounce on this deal. For what you get, its a steal and an excellent way to get legitimate software/keys. For the people paying a premium for middle-man piracy: lol.
and got software email earlier tonight, yay!!
Just wish they had Office on there, or word at least.
Look at the date of the article, they bluffed, still works ;p If your google-fu was good enough to find that article, it should be good enough to find the article from a month later saying it never happened.
And if it ever does happen(it won't), it's as simple as changing to the new key via a one-line command in cmd. Dell and Asus have already leaked their OEM SLP keys.
[edit] Know what, fuck it I dont even want to reply here anymore, I said my piece(One more time, middle-man piracy is retarded). So I'm just going to go ahead and spoon-feed you everything so you don't come back and attempt to stumble through discrediting me.
Chronologically:
Initial breakthrough
Article posted, amateurs panic
Not yet
If it ever happens(nope), do this
Nope!
Dell key
Still works
Cheers
Did you actually read the links you posted?
Why post links that "prove" that the key will never be blacklisted if they're made up of posts that go "yes it is, no it isn't, yes it will, no it won't" and the conclusion that "well it'll get blacklisted eventually so hopefully we'll have a new key by then"? Love the one about modifying your bios to fool the activation process.
The two important points since you say the key will never be blacklisted:
- MS has indicated they will move to blacklist the current Win7 OEM keys that have been leaked Dell/Lenovo/etc.
- MS does blacklist keys and will mark them as not genuine, they have done several times in the past regardless of impact: Volume license key - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
They(MS) may not do it in a timely manner but they do eventually get around to it.
Bonus: Also I don't actually need to discredit you, you're doing a damn fine job of that yourself with the "z0mg i r better then j00" attitude.
Again:
-Blacklisted keys only come into play if youre stupid enough to download the patch from Windows Update.
-Theyre probably not going to blacklist the OEM keys at all anymore, as its been nearly 2 months since they said they were going to, havent yet, and have since let a half dozen more OEM keys leak out.
-If they do blacklist the OEM key you happen to be using, you go into cmd and type: slmgr -ipk <new key here> and you're done.
-Bios arent modded, the early cracks were done this way because there was no alternative. It's all done via emulation now. You shouldn't talk if you dont even understand the process.
Your argument: They'll blacklist the keys eventually and ur dum.
I can't tell if you're just mentally deficient, or butthurt over the fact that I spoke against defrauding a student organization in order to get paid access to software(inferior versions at that) you can already get for free. Either way, there's nothing left to be said. And I don't really feel like derailing this thread any further, because the fact remains that it still is a great deal for actual students.. and they deserve to get it setup if they qualify without having to sift through your idiocy.
-Bios are still being modified as evident by the section on that site dedicated to taking bios mod requests and the numerous "halp how i mod bios" posts.
-Emulation/Activators do essentially the same thing as the bio modifications in a safer more controlled means and it seems the most popular ones also originate from the same site.
The people who choose to get a legit Win7 through ACM for ~$19USD chose to bypass the dangers of bio modifications or using an activator/emulator and hoping it works. They chose to pay to be able to update like a normal person, not have fears of Win7 going zomg your Win7 is fake(though these days not much will actually happen), and to score a damn good deal.
You're the one slinging the insults and seem to be the one that's butt hurt. I don't really care that you spoke out about the people defrauding an organization, but it sure damn seems important to you. Not once did I mention that, it was directed to you alluding that the keys will never be blocked.
What irked me, is that you make it sound like there are no problems associated with having an invalid key and that nothing would ever happen if you continued to use it.
As a side note, I told virtually all my college buddies about this deal and for the majority of them, access through ACM got them more software choices then going through their school version of the program. The school programs are supposed to limit what software you have access to depending on what classes you are taking/program you're in. ACM seems to not care and give you a little bit of everything.
Ok
For anyone interested in Windows Server 2008 R2 standard edition, you can grab it free at www.dreamspark.com
You may need your school e-mail to be verified though.
Which windows is better? x64 or x86? I heard that there're some drivers problems with the x64 version?
For those that have not tried this deal out, it would probably be best to wait a bit.
Windows 7 has been removed from the list.
Some people are reporting that they received a letter that the removal is due to high amounts of non-students signing up just for windows 7 key.
It is unknown if the removal is temporary or permanent.
Great, never got an email from them even after I opted in to that mail thing with the .org email redirect and entered my student info.
A friend just told me he got the email saying "please verify with your advisor etc" but the ACM did not take his access to the software away strangely enough.
First of all it's not "verify with your advisor" but "verify your student status by putting student number and advisor name" a little difference I think
Secondly they don't take the access right away - the mail says you have time until 25th.