Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 130

Thread: Halo 3: ODST     submit to reddit submit to twitter

  1. #101
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,144
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    Quote Originally Posted by -Zer0- View Post
    Anyone else getting insane lag and freezes playing Coop online?
    Yeah I mentioned it one page back. Looked around online and noticed some other people saying they're getting it too, specifically in firefight which is where my friends and I noticed it too.

  2. #102
    Ninja Ninja
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    5,672
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Noemi Rondain
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

    Could be from server stress. I saw an article on Kotaku saying that over 5 million games were played just on day one.

  3. #103
    Fake Numbers
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    86
    BG Level
    2

    Quote Originally Posted by Jedimasta View Post
    You'd be surprised how poorly written the Hunters are. If you get used to their routine, you can strafe every hit and unload a couple of shells in their back. Then all you have to do is rinse and repeat till they both go down.
    Yeah, you can just keep getting behind them while they do their big back-melee attack. On Normal, you can kill them in 2 melees with the Brute Shot. Kinda aim high on their back (not the red spot) for the first melee to expose it, then another in the weak spot to kill. Fun stuff.

  4. #104
    "Jammin'!"
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    763
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

    My brother got this the day it came out, at Toys 'r Us because of their special. I played it in Heroic, which was fairly difficult for what it meant on Halo 2/3. It's a pretty nice game. I enjoyed it more than I did Halo 3 and wish it lasted a little longer while not feeling like a piece of DLC.

    The game feels rushed in some places and playing as the Rookie, although a blast a first, quickly turned into a somewhat hollow experience after the first couple missions. I eventually got tired of the SMG and lack of a effective mid-range weapon (There are no Battle Rifles in this game tmk, my favorite weapon. Pistols don't tear through shields well either.) so I just whored the sniper/beam rifle until I found a ghost... The game's difficulty dropped and I just managed to plow my way from mission to mission. I didn't care all that much after I had to run the city twice; I just wanted the Rookie segments to end as quickly as possible.

    Vehicles were lovely, as always. The Warthog and ghost seemed to control better than I recall in 2/3. They seemed more responsive and maneuverable for whatever reason. My scorpion did manage to get caught up on nearly everything it tried to go over on the Highway segment. I felt everything else in regards to them were very well done.

    My last complaint: The NPCs. They either die the moment they see an enemy or they're unable to die unless it's scripted. While you're taking cover to regain satmina, they can just blow through everything if given the time. If they're carrying weapons you gave them, they'll disappear once you get a cutscene or change areas. This pissed me off to no end as one of the people following you reverts back to a Magnum which is damn near worthless of anything that matters.

    I'm better at talking about the negatives than the positives - Don't let the tone get to you. The game's decent, but as I have said, I felt the price bitter. My brother feels like he made a smart purchase while I disagree. I do feel this game was more worth than Fable when listening to all the prerelease hype.

  5. #105
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    1,223
    BG Level
    6

  6. #106
    RIDE ARMOR
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    18
    BG Level
    1
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    I just picked it up and lookin for people to do Firefight with. Gamertag is DraftyTangent and can pm on here

  7. #107
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    3,054
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Ravenholdt

    Quote Originally Posted by Arnwulf View Post
    Shit happens with almost any game. Biggest problem is that the newer games tend to require that the iris of the DVD drive is perfectly aligned. Over time, the moving of games in and out of a console, or improper transport (Moving with disk inside, not securing properly in luggage or in floorboard of vehicle) can cause the head to misalign, thus making newer games unreadable, and older games still play. Shit, my xbox often gives me a 3ring error because the accelerometer on the disk drive can't tell if it's vertical or horizontal, and even now, if the mic port for my currently connected controller is working improperly.

  8. #108
    Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

    The Immortal Bill Duke

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    15,697
    BG Level
    9

    Uh... hunters have *always* been easy to drop from behind. I don't understand why you're complaining about this.

  9. #109
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    3,054
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Ravenholdt

    Very very fun game. Although the needler kills are pissing me off.

  10. #110
    New Merits
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    228
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Very very fun game. Fking hate that there's no AR to be found in Firefight. >_>

  11. #111
    Puppetmaster
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    65
    BG Level
    2
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    Played like 10 hrs of 4 player Firefight online, and haven't had any form of lag, guessing someone's internet was just having problems ><

  12. #112
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    3,054
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Ravenholdt

    Quote Originally Posted by Recaldy View Post
    Very very fun game. Fking hate that there's no AR to be found in Firefight. >_>
    I'm more pissed about the lack of battle rifle.

  13. #113
    Cerberus
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    489
    BG Level
    4

    Quote Originally Posted by Korietsu View Post
    I'm more pissed about the lack of battle rifle.
    This, fuck the assault rifle, the only good AR was the one in Halo 1.

  14. #114
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    3,054
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Ravenholdt

    Quote Originally Posted by meeeeeep View Post
    This, fuck the assault rifle, the only good AR was the one in Halo 1.
    AR now is great close up, but the complete and TOTAL LACK OF BR, and the fact that the AR is even in this game breaks up the timeline oh so much.

  15. #115
    Science Fiction Super Fan
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,053
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

    FUCK this game halo is suck

  16. #116
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,960
    BG Level
    6
    WoW Realm
    Akama

    If its anything like the previous halo games, hunters are vulnerable from their exposed areas: the neck, their stomach, and their back. The problem is if their head is down, their neck is covered, if their shield is in front, their stomach is covered (unless you can get them to shield swipe/bash and move that arm out of the way giving you time to shoot its stomach) additionally, the back is the easiest spot to hit them, since there is nothing defending it.

  17. #117
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    689
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    if anyone needs deja vu + endurance or any of the 200k firefights, my gt is drewbixcube, just send me a message letting me know you're from bg. i'm 2 vidmastas away from recon :<

  18. #118
    RIDE ARMOR
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    12
    BG Level
    1

    ODST was rather disappointing, and firefight lags like mad... DONT BUY DONT BUY!!!

    Well maybe if Recon is worth 60$ to ya

  19. #119
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    3,054
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Ravenholdt

    I need to do some of the H3 MP and ODST Vidmasters. GT is Korietsu, hit me up.

  20. #120
    CoP Dynamis
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    276
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

    Same my GT is Th3Sp1d3rSilva and I try to get on as much as I can in between work/class. Just send me a message saying you are from BG.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Halo 3
    By Tekki in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 741
    Last Post: 2011-10-04, 18:41