Page 40 of 65 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 ... LastLast
Results 781 to 800 of 1293
  1. #781
    Limecat
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    7,065
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries
    2

    Did you guys know that Abed actually was a visitor in Cougar town? I found that pretty cool

  2. #782
    If I screw up again Im gone forever.
    Secret Admin

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,540
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Yes, he also breaks the fourth wall by staring at the characters and shaking his head in agreement, lol.


  3. #783
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    351
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Chevy Chase and Dan Harmon really don't like each other:

    An internal feud may rock "Community". The show's creator Dan Harmon and actor Chevy Chase have reportedly been entangled in an ugly public war of words, which led to the former giving a "f**k you, Chevy" speech in front of the 68-year-old comedian, his wife and daughter at the season 3 wrap party.

    According to Deadline, Chase left the bash immediately and then left Harmon a voice message, calling the creator "fat" and "an alcoholic" among other things. The voice message, which was filled with profane language, has since leaked onto the web after Harmon allegedly played it in front of other people.
    http://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/00049295.html

    http://warmingglow.uproxx.com/2012/0...eave-community

    I've usually found Pierce to be annoying anyway, but I'm of opinion that this whole show has jumped the proverbial shark since the comeback. I've had a hard time watching so far.

    "Oh, and for the record, there was an episode of Happy Days where a guy literally jumped over a shark. And it was the best one!"

  4. #784
    If I screw up again Im gone forever.
    Secret Admin

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,540
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Impersonators was fucking hilarious. You don't know funny brah.

  5. #785
    Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    19,830
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    I would be disappointed if Chevy Chase left the show. Low class move by Harmon. Crap like that needs to be internalized. Especially when your show is under the constant threat of cancellation.

  6. #786
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    3,119
    BG Level
    7

    http://www.tmz.com/2012/04/02/commun...staff-support/

    Welp it was fun while it lasted. But no matter who did what, if this blows up it's fucked. Dan Harmon needs to get his shit together if he wishes this show to keep going or have any opportunity to work in media again. Chevy is a powerful man and I'm sure he'll take him down if it's need.


    But in all honesty Perice and Shirley are two characters I think the show could do without. They have been weak since halfway through the second season. I don't think it would affect the show all that much.

  7. #787
    Limecat
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    7,065
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries
    2

    I think you are wrong. They are the anti sexual characters. They're needed to balance out the show.

  8. #788
    If I screw up again Im gone forever.
    Secret Admin

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,540
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Also, Chevy's career has shown that he is notoriously hard to work with. I'm not sure how damaging the blow back will be to Dan Harmon quite yet..

  9. #789
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,909
    BG Level
    6

    I can see Pierce leaving and things continuing. He has done some things where I have a hard time accepting they accept him back because he's old and crazy, lol. Though it would certainly hurt their humor, old racist dude has some awesome lines.

  10. #790
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    351
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace-o-fire View Post
    But in all honesty Perice and Shirley are two characters I think the show could do without. They have been weak since halfway through the second season. I don't think it would affect the show all that much.
    I actually agree with this. Their storylines are so played out at this point. We get it. Pierce is racist and rich. Shirley is religious and has kids and a semi-dark but not-really past. Pierce was good for some classic one-liners in the first two seasons ("I really got...jewish personed out of that one") but the act is tired now, and they're really reaching to come up for shit for Shirley. But, again, I feel like they're really reaching for EVERY storyline at this point. I was so optimistic to see that open panel discussion where Harmon said he WASN'T going to go down that road of repeating storylines/episodes and driving relationships into the ground. So far he has done the opposite.

    I consider it the Scrubs effect. Once every character has had an arc with every other character the show is probably going to be dog shit. 50 or so episodes in now, I get the distinct feeling that is what's happening.

  11. #791
    If I screw up again Im gone forever.
    Secret Admin

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,540
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    The only repeated story line is the blanket fort.... And it's only the same setting not really a storyline. Not to mention the whole troy and abed rift....

  12. #792
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    351
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Quote Originally Posted by Chun Liroy View Post
    The only repeated story line is the blanket fort.... And
    and the Troy/Air Conditioning School thing, and the Britta falling in love with someone she shouldn't be thing (like Luca). And probably things I've forgotten. And it's only 3 episodes in. Get real.

  13. #793
    okay guy I guess
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    24,388
    BG Level
    10

    I think you are confusing an ongoing plot (Air conditioning school) with a repeated story line.

  14. #794
    Un-Rad Conrad
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    5,019
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    Also Abed went meta in last week's episode when he said something along the lines of not wanting to repeat himself by doing a blanket fort again.

  15. #795
    If I screw up again Im gone forever.
    Secret Admin

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,540
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Quote Originally Posted by Timwakefield View Post
    and the Troy/Air Conditioning School thing, and the Britta falling in love with someone she shouldn't be thing (like Luca). And probably things I've forgotten. And it's only 3 episodes in. Get real.
    And I think you're missing the whole point of the Britta plot. It was supposed to be a reference to the infiltration trope, or whatever, but due to her character she falls in love with him. Not to mention the irony that she falls in love with a corporation, which she is always so against. Just because you can draw similarities doesn't mean that they are the same. What about the wedding? That was totally done before omg, jeff and britta got married! Abed is always obsessed with movies! Same boring plots! Nah son.

  16. #796
    okay guy I guess
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    24,388
    BG Level
    10

    http://danharmon.tumblr.com/post/204...t-it-helps-but
    Not That it Helps, But:
    I’m really not supposed to be commenting on the situation, which I think is great advice, because anything I say will extend the story’s life and cause more fans discomfort. But as a guy who blogs or tweets every time he wipes his butt, hugs his cat or hurts his girlfriend, it’s conspicuously weird of me to say nothing at all about the giant fart with my name on it that you’ve been inhaling. It feels dishonest not to acknowledge it, it feels rude to the caring fans of the show, people who are tweeting me their concerns that I’ve jeopardized something they fight to protect, those are the sentiments that are [rightfully] the most painful because every choice I make, I try to make for the good of the show, and the show is not an expression of my ego or entitlement, it’s an expression of my desire to make strangers happy. When that’s not happening, when I’ve done something that hurts an audience, it’s always an accident. So I have to just acknowledge my mistake and apologize for it to the fans. Even the people that hate the show that are tweeting heckles at me are right, I’m a selfish baby and a rude asshole and not a person to trust with your feelings.
    But the people that I really want to apologize to are the fans of the show. If you want to know what’s on my mind that I consider worth the attention of five million people, that’s the place to look, Thursdays at 8 on TV. Those are the stories and the jokes and observations about life and personal confessions that I intend for that large a venue. There is also a monthly show I do in the back of a comic book store in Los Angeles in which I say things that I intend for 150 people to hear. I tell stories about what an unlovable asshole I am and the trouble it causes for me. I rant and rave about the world’s failure to meet my standards, I talk about being drunk and stupid and heartbroken and childish and crazy and self-obsessed and self loathing and how much I love myself for it. The people that show up are paying ten dollars to listen to it, if you can believe that, and they made the drive out and put that cash on the barrel because they love or hate me but are fascinated by how much I fascinate myself - or their boyfriend made them go.
    It was in that venue, months ago, that I made the horrible, childish, self-obsessed, unaware, naive and unprofessional decision to play someone’s voicemail to me. He didn’t intend for 150 people to listen and giggle at it, and I didn’t intend for millions of people to read angry reports about it. I was doing what I always do, and always get in trouble for doing, and always pay a steep price for doing. I was thinking about myself and I was thinking about making people laugh. I was airing my dirty laundry for a chuckle. I ask people at those shows repeatedly to please think twice about youtubing clips of it because it doesn’t play well outside the back of a comic book store. I always accept the risk that a well-intending fan will upload clips and something scandalous will break wide, but the giant mistake I made was involving someone else in that game of russian roulette, someone that didn’t have an opportunity to say “yeah, hilarious, let’s do this.” That was a dumb, unclassy, inconsiderate move on my part. I’m very sorry it’s reflecting poorly on the show.
    It’s important to me that you not mistake this for someone thinking they’re making it better, or explaining that they’re actually a swell person. I’m explaining that you’re right, I’m a bonehead, and it sucks, it blows up in my face on a regular basis. I put an unhealthy amount of stock in the opinions of strangers, that’s exactly what makes me do stupid things, and, poetically, that’s what makes the punishment so effective. Thirty people a day calling me an asshole makes me know and feel, in my heart, that I am an asshole. I’m a real “customer is always right” kind of guy in that regard.
    So, when you see me not talking about this, it’s not because I’m trying to get away with something, it’s because the more I say, the worse it gets. This is a topic that is driving ad sale revenue for a week but causing my favorite people in the world - Community fans - distress. So my desire, like yours, is to wait for it to pass. And don’t worry about the show. I agree with you that the show is what’s important. It’s why I get mad when I get mad. It’s why I’m happy when I’m happy. I will always do everything I can to make sure we get our six seasons and a move. I’m just really sorry that I’m so damn bad at that job in so many specific ways, and I promise you that every time I screw up at it, I try to get better.
    Now I’ve got finish editing episode 319, and get politely scolded for commenting on the situation. If you’re reading this and you work in PR, I know, I know, I’m sorry and I’m not going to say any more.
    And when have I ever let you guys down, right?

  17. #797
    Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    19,830
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Swallow the pride, make a public apology to Chevy Chase for being aN asshole.

  18. #798
    okay guy I guess
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    24,388
    BG Level
    10

    as asshole as what

  19. #799
    Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    19,830
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    I fucking hate you sometimes.

  20. #800
    okay guy I guess
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    24,388
    BG Level
    10


Page 40 of 65 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 ... LastLast