Page 11 of 47 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 220 of 934

Thread: NFL Week 6: It's a gimme.     submit to reddit submit to twitter

  1. #201
    The Mizzle Fizzle of Nikkei's Haremizzle

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    22,049
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Indeed lol

  2. #202
    Shootin' rocks at monsters
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    3,693
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

    Quote Originally Posted by Penthesilea View Post
    Like I said: The Eagle's offense didn't help at all. But when you're talking a team like the Saints, it doesn't matter if the drive starts on the Saints 20 or the Eagle's 20: they're *going* to move the ball. Stop them in the red zone; the game changes entirely there. The Eagle's defense didn't, 5 times. Four three-and-outs or turnovers isn't impressive ball.

    I'm not saying the Eagles defense is bad (Though I think losing Dawkins and Jim Johnson is going to close their window pretty damned fast), but they didn't pick up the slack and change momentum in that game.

    I'm not sure what game the author of that piece was watching, though. The game never, ever looked like it was coming down to the wire-- the 10-10 and 17-13 scores made it look a lot closer than the play really merited. Moreover, I don't care how a team does in 15 minutes, or 30 minutes, or 45 minutes. It's a 60 minute (or longer) game, and performance throughout the *total* is all that matters.


    Miz-- It was quite by accident that I discovered BG had a football topic at all; didn't see it until the end of week 3. Much lulz have been had in the back-and-forths. But I've been a loyal (if critical from 2004-2008) fan since I was about five. I did not support the McDaniels hiring, but I loved everything he's done in the off season. With the Raiders and Chiefs as irrelevant as they are, the most fun I've had all season is rubbing Denver's success in the face of those with sandy vaginas over Cutler moving on. Their tears have been delicious.

  3. #203
    Straight Ca$h Homie
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    10,942
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post

    Deejay, how dare you compare us to Jets fans? Out.

    Eli > Peyton? I love Eli, but no. Peyton is the shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrW View Post
    Giants = Jets because they both play in Jersey.
    and nothing in that post was meant to be taken seriously.... well except the part about eli being the best quarterback the game has ever known.

    orton doesnt count because he's a god, and thats cheating

  4. #204
    Straight Ca$h Homie
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    10,942
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Sol-Blackguy View Post
    This is my favorite sports memory. (now in image dump form)
    http://www.imagebeast.net/images/5bzfi95xczyiatim3z.gif
    oh man, i totally would have sigged this after the superbowl
    http://9.media.bustedtees.com/busted...4ff560b3ca.jpg

    and i want this shirt as well

  5. #205
    I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    58,862
    BG Level
    10

    New sig

  6. #206
    The Mizzle Fizzle of Nikkei's Haremizzle

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    22,049
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Quote Originally Posted by archibaldcrane View Post
    New sig
    lmao

  7. #207
    sb
    sb is offline
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    575
    BG Level
    5

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyche View Post
    New York jets fans are the epitome of fucking scum. To even compare yourself to that steaming mound of horseshit is a detriment to Giants fans. Their franchise QB gets injured, hobbles off the field on one foot to save the team a timeout, and they fucking cheer because the backup is coming in. I wouldn't piss on a Jets fan if he was on fire, as a matter of fact, I'd probably shit on his fucking face. There's nothing that makes me more sick in sports than a Jets fan.
    Late on the reply but this is horse shit. They were cheering for Pennington when he was able to get his ass off the ground. You know, just like the way people in any other state cheer for injured guys who are able to get up, to support them.

  8. #208
    The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    29,761
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

    Quote Originally Posted by sb View Post
    Late on the reply but this is horse shit. They were cheering for Pennington when he was able to get his ass off the ground. You know, just like the way people in any other state cheer for injured guys who are able to get up, to support them.
    Don't get me started...

    Obviously, you're not one of the fucking piece of trash jets fans, because if you were, you'd know that when he got injured and limped off, they fucking boo'd him, then Clemens came in, and they cheered. This was a brewing QB controversy in the making. This was a big deal when it happened, for you to be so fucking clueless is surprising.

    http://www.nflgridirongab.com/2007/0...ngtons-injury/

    Pennington went 16-for-21 for 167 yards with two touchdowns and no picks. The Jets as a whole were overwhelmed by the Pats, and while Pennington was part of the reason why, for the fans to boo him as he limped off the field was unfair. Maybe part of the reason why the fans should have been booing was because of the secondary, which for some reason forgot to cover Randy Moss, allowing him to catch 9 passes for 183 yards and a touchdown.
    http://www.patriots.com/search/index...=27570&pcid=41

    Things got a lot worse for the Jets on their next drive. Green had just stopped Thomas Jones for a loss of 2 setting up second and 12 from the 41. Pennington dropped back but his pocket totally collapsed. As Green took him down for an 8-yard sack, Pennington's leg got caught underneath and from that moment he knew he was in trouble. He hobbled over to the sideline, slammed his helmet to the ground as Jets fans moaned. The Jets punted two plays later
    I'm trying to find the video, but can't . It's easier to understand the situation and context when you see it.

  9. #209
    The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    32,666
    BG Level
    10

    jets fans > nfc east fans

  10. #210
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    3,580
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

    Surprised nobody commented on this yet: John Riggins Takes Anti-Redskins Message to YouTube -- Back Porch FanHouse

    Maybe this'll light a fire under Washington's ass.

  11. #211

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    7,993
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyche View Post
    I think the greatest sports moment in my life will always be week 17 of last season. Oh, the delicious irony of Favre having a fantastic season, building the Jets fan so high they could be scorched by the sun, only to have Brett Favre have a SHOULDER injury, completely collapse, and lose a playoff birth, at home, to Chad Pennington in the final game. I don't know what the best day of my life is, that day, or the day my children were born. It's a close call.
    You do of course realize that that game didn't mean anything because the Patriots won, right? The season was blown weeks earlier, unfortunately, so every Jet fan alive was rooting for Miami just so the fking patriots didn't win the division... again.

  12. #212
    The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    29,761
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

    Ultimately, that was the case, but the Jets had the opportunity to be in the playoffs that day. Jets fans didn't go into the stadium with any intentions on rooting for Miami to win that game. The players didn't arrive in that stadium with any intentions on losing that game. Of course your season had begun to erode earlier, it's why that last week tasted so damn good. The time between the Jets beating Tennessee that year til the last game of the season was fantastic.

  13. #213
    Demosthenes11
    Guest

    I'll never forgive the jets for losing that fucking game
    it made them my least fav division rival - that's saying a lot considering it's the dolphins that always play us tough and the jets and bills that get embarrassed

  14. #214
    The Mizzle Fizzle of Nikkei's Haremizzle

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    22,049
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    OH SNAP!

    Tampa Bay Buccaneers trade defensive end Gaines Adams to Chicago Bears for a 2010 draft pick - ESPN Chicago

    Gaines Adams on the same line with Tommy Harris and Alex Brown =O

  15. #215
    The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    29,761
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

    GAWD, Welcome to yesterday Miz.

  16. #216
    The Mizzle Fizzle of Nikkei's Haremizzle

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    22,049
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyche View Post
    GAWD, Welcome to yesterday Miz.

    I got Striker-itis QQ

  17. #217
    Death by snoo snoo
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    22,117
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

    Why couldn't this happen after the 25th

  18. #218
    Cardiac Cat
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    11,604
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Airlea Ocelot
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

    Can't wait to see all the trades that go down Monday.

    Though it probably wouldn't happen, I'd like to see Peppers traded to a better team. Yes, he's a great player, but we never should have franchised him. He won't be a Panther after this year at the least, but I still love me some Pep. I'd like to see him on a winning team.

  19. #219
    The Mizzle Fizzle of Nikkei's Haremizzle

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    22,049
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Quote Originally Posted by Gadritan View Post
    Can't wait to see all the trades that go down Monday.

    Though it probably wouldn't happen, I'd like to see Peppers traded to a better team. Yes, he's a great player, but we never should have franchised him. He won't be a Panther after this year at the least, but I still love me some Pep. I'd like to see him on a winning team.

    I too would like to see him traded, I love me some Pep but we need to get out new coach some draft picks so we can draft a QB not named McCoy next season.

    Think about it, Fox has traded our number 1 draft pick the last 3 seasons. All 3 of those seasons he's been on the hot seat. Coincidence? I think not.

  20. #220
    If I screw up again Im gone forever.
    Secret Admin

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,540
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Quote Originally Posted by Mizango View Post
    I too would like to see him traded, I love me some Pep but we need to get out new coach some draft picks so we can draft a QB not named McCoy next season.

    Think about it, Fox has traded our number 1 draft pick the last 3 seasons. All 3 of those seasons he's been on the hot seat. Coincidence? I think not.
    Dallas would like to trade Phillips, JJ and our #1 Draft pick for the lowlowlow price of "just fucking take them"

Page 11 of 47 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1717
    Last Post: 2011-11-24, 13:27
  2. NFL Week 11: GET HIM, GET IT?
    By Tyche in forum Sports
    Replies: 1536
    Last Post: 2010-11-24, 23:54
  3. Replies: 1192
    Last Post: 2010-11-10, 17:09
  4. Replies: 606
    Last Post: 2010-11-03, 19:29
  5. NFL Week 1: PUT IT ON THE BOARD!
    By Tyche in forum Sports
    Replies: 2293
    Last Post: 2010-09-16, 20:16
  6. Replies: 1390
    Last Post: 2009-12-16, 17:12
  7. NFL Week 1...It Begins
    By Tyche in forum Sports
    Replies: 660
    Last Post: 2008-09-10, 00:51
  8. NFL Week 1 Picks
    By Daahan in forum Sports
    Replies: 90
    Last Post: 2007-09-13, 13:42