Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 26 of 26

Thread: Magna Carta 2     submit to reddit submit to twitter

  1. #21
    Tyven's Xbax Fren
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,736
    BG Level
    6
    WoW Realm
    Korgath

    blocked at work

  2. #22
    Chram
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    2,737
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Mizango View Post
    All Atlus games have a superb story. Magna Carta's was fucking awesome, the BS is what a few people had beef with and I will give them that, but the story made it 100% worth while.
    You realize Atlus doesn't make or develop most the games they publish in the US?(and they're typically not the JP publisher either).

    Magna Carta 2 isn't even published by Atlus though 1 was.

  3. #23
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,176
    BG Level
    8

    Hmm, Hyung Tae-Kim has long been one of my favorite artists out there. I was following his artwork when he was designing characters way back for Korean only PC games. Still... have yet to play any of the Magna Cartas. Maybe I should, the review wasn't too bad.

  4. #24
    Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    51,544
    BG Level
    10

    I don't know, the review more or less pushed on the fence with this one. Anyone got a copy of this yet?

  5. #25
    New Merits
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    208
    BG Level
    4

    So far i'm about 7 hours in and the game for the most part sadly has been pretty easy. The fighting gets kinda repetitive but still entertaining, its more of a hack and slash then anything to say the least. Being able to switch out weapon styles and chars keeps stuff fresh in a way.

    Story so far has been the generic hero losses memory and has to help a princess win back her country, while super badass evil guy opresses everyone. The side quests are mostly just basic fetch quests with a few run here and talk to this guys thrown in. Havn't seen much of the crafting yet and weapon customization is pretty decent so far. All in all though its no FF13 but it certainly will hold me over till MW2.

  6. #26
    New Merits
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    225
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

    I'm at the beginning of the second disc now and my thoughts on it so far are that it's a fairly decent RPG. Not as good as Vesperia or Lost Odyssey but still worth playing. It is fairly easy too however so I have to question how long the game is. If you managed to watch the entire story and dialogue of Star Ocean 4 without skipping any of it you'll have absolutely no problem with MG2. The story is generic (surprise!) but it's not bad either, the voice acting is good enough too. Celestine's VA is a little annoying at times but it matches the type of character she is so I don't have a huge problem with it.

    I'd currently rate MG2 as my third favourite J/KRPG behind Vesperia and LO. FWIW the only other JRPG this gen I've finished is Star Ocean 4. I've started Eternal Sonata and Infinite Undiscovery but lost interest, I'll get back into those at a later date.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2