Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8
Results 141 to 158 of 158
  1. #141
    If you stopped to actually learn something you might not post these uninformed posts.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,493
    BG Level
    6

    5% haste legs to replace homam. +10 ATK, +10 ACC, +5 STR, maybe Double Attack. thing is obvious.

  2. #142
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    972
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Not the best pic, but gives you a general idea..here are the 3 mage items on one character:

    http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/7162/comboh.jpg

  3. #143
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,272
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Midnightjade Eleven
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Quote Originally Posted by Nishida View Post
    Not the best pic, but gives you a general idea..here are the 3 mage items on one character:

    http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/7162/comboh.jpg
    Well, it would make a good Halloween costume. Or maybe an outfit Mystery Mithra would wear to a whiskey-and-koolaid party?

    Are the combined outfits for the other sets any better? Those dragon pants look like the ten dollar jeans you can buy off a plastic table by the side of the road.

  4. #144
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    972
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Quote Originally Posted by Midnightjade View Post
    Well, it would make a good Halloween costume. Or maybe an outfit Mystery Mithra would wear to a whiskey-and-koolaid party?

    Are the combined outfits for the other sets any better? Those dragon pants look like the ten dollar jeans you can buy off a plastic table by the side of the road.
    http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/1461/pldset.jpg


    http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/7946/rngset.jpg

  5. #145
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    325
    BG Level
    4
    FFXIV Character
    Havok Stormblood
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

    they do not want brd or dnc to have a movement speed piece because they already have mazurka/jig. Allowing it as an augment would let them have one. There will NOT be movement speed+ as an augment.

  6. #146
    EternalBlowJob
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    822
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Siren

    Quote Originally Posted by Arximiro View Post
    What legs are there that are even worth shit that are Ahable? Most of the relevant legs in the game are R/E. Mahatma are the only big ones I can think of and those aren't expensive at all anyway.
    Well not only leg equipment but maybe depending on states could cause some people to iono not wanting certain salv leg peices etc etc. No clue how good these pants gonna be though.

  7. #147
    New Spam Forum
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    197
    BG Level
    3
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by Nishida View Post
    Not the best pic, but gives you a general idea..here are the 3 mage items on one character:

    http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/7162/comboh.jpg
    Every piece of that set looks like it doesen't belong into FFXI.
    All three combined makes a hideous clown gear.
    (Did you add Claustrum as weapon?)

  8. #148
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,272
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Midnightjade Eleven
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    I think the tank one looks ok, although they really need to lower the visor on the champion's helm - would make it so much cooler. Removing that silly blue shield from the left pauldron would also help a ton. I don't see why they're adding these gimmicky details to models that are actually pretty nice to begin with.

    The lower one doesn't go together at all - looks like the metal plates slid off the dude's body armor onto his legs. All is not lost though - the legs would go pretty nicely with a haubergeon. ^^

    Thanks for putting these together Nishida.

  9. #149
    CoP Dynamis
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    295
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    That mage getup has the styling sense of an Ed Hardy catalog...

  10. #150
    Q_Q
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    378
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Holy shit the rng pants look like shit.

  11. #151
    I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    21,265
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

  12. #152
    RIDE ARMOR
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    23
    BG Level
    1
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    Quote Originally Posted by Nishida View Post

    I can't post URLs lol <insert nishida's picture of the homam ranger here>
    The Mirke Wadecors comes way past the crotch, on tarutaru it is like a dress lol. I'm sure if you cut off the upper part of the leg gear it will look much better.
    I'm guessing the skinny part will all be hidden (especially on tarutaru), I think it goes very well together.

  13. #153
    Hydra
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    136
    BG Level
    3
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

    Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    Yeah right.

    I hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, HATE! Shantotto!
    Die, blasphemer. Shantotto = secks in a baskit.

  14. #154
    Hydra
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    136
    BG Level
    3
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

    Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    I love, love, love, love, love etc Shantotto :D I can't wait to play this expansion.

    I like the design on the mage pants merely because it's a very unique design for SE to employ. It would have been better for the light armor to be the dragon and maybe have stars on navy for the mage pants or something, but I'll settle for one unique (compared to the rest of SE armor) piece since it's at least an improvement for SE lol.
    I disagree on the design. For all we know... the dragon pants might give you Bahamut!
    /wakesup

  15. #155
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    888
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

    Haven't had the urge to get the previous two expansions, but I will simply because it is a leg slot. And a lot of us called this slot several weeks ago.

    Not every expansion is gonna have a winner upgrade for every job, which is what a lot of the bitching seems to be about. Hell, the body piece options for RDM and BLM were pretty much sidegrades or even slight downgrades of existing gear...something I'm not going to pay real money for. Head was slightly better, but for me didn't warrant my extra cash. Legs though...depending on augments could have some very unique options for both of my jobs- fastcast on legs? Melee friendly stats for when I'm just having fun on RDM?

    Hey, I'm not expecting something to make XXX gear for XXX mage obsolete. I'm hoping for a new wrinkle on a pretty bland slot for my jobs.

  16. #156
    Hydra
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    136
    BG Level
    3
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

    Quote Originally Posted by Celebrindor View Post
    Haven't had the urge to get the previous two expansions, but I will simply because it is a leg slot. And a lot of us called this slot several weeks ago.

    Not every expansion is gonna have a winner upgrade for every job, which is what a lot of the bitching seems to be about. Hell, the body piece options for RDM and BLM were pretty much sidegrades or even slight downgrades of existing gear...something I'm not going to pay real money for. Head was slightly better, but for me didn't warrant my extra cash. Legs though...depending on augments could have some very unique options for both of my jobs- fastcast on legs? Melee friendly stats for when I'm just having fun on RDM?

    Hey, I'm not expecting something to make XXX gear for XXX mage obsolete. I'm hoping for a new wrinkle on a pretty bland slot for my jobs.
    I think this kinda nails it. It all depends on your needs. The expansions are neither good NOR bad depending on your needs. Don't do salvage? Fine, this is workable. Don't like assault, again, fine. SMN scored big on this stuff, other jobs? Not so much. Nothing wrong with that. After all, wouldn't it kinda suck if EVERYONE had the exact same gear all the time? What would be the point in having such a vast array of armor in the first place?

  17. #157
    CoP Dynamis
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    295
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    After all, wouldn't it kinda suck if EVERYONE had the exact same gear all the time? What would be the point in having such a vast array of armor in the first place?
    You say this like there is variety in gear that isn't due to being poor, lazy, or unlucky. Look at sams, most of the TP and WS gear is identical on well geared sams.

    Or you were being sarcastic while I was under caffeinated.

  18. #158
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,391
    BG Level
    6

    graphically, the "leather" set is obscene compared to SE standards.
    I dont know what they were thinking to reuse a 3d model like large pants Nashira style AND added metal plates to its sides. near the knees, the metal plates simply "flips" in such an innatural and ugly looking way you clearly see it's a texture pasted over a 3d model.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Similar Threads

  1. Heroes of Abyssea Now Available for Advance Purchase! (11/24/2010)
    By ringthree in forum FFXI: Official News and Information
    Replies: 122
    Last Post: 2010-11-29, 23:20