Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
Page 101 of 127 FirstFirst ... 51 91 99 100 101 102 103 111 ... LastLast
Results 2001 to 2020 of 2540

Thread: FFXI New NMs 11/9/09     submit to reddit submit to twitter

  1. #2001
    Melee Summoner
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    33
    BG Level
    1

    I admit its a bit far-fetched, but what other options are there? Some insanely random timed spawn?

  2. #2002
    Puppetmaster
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    70
    BG Level
    2
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    In regards to Picolaton NM that drops the new drg breastplate:

    When Dew and I camped it, he was killing all the Birds in the Northern Area, while I was killing all of them in the southern area. When the NM popped, there were no birds up in the southern area. We were too excited about actually popping the thing after hearing all the horror stories about people camping for hours with no luck to check around the zone and see which birds were still up.

    Two people is enough to kill it, with one person killing PHs and another waiting up north for the NM to pop. With the constant regain + stormwind spam of the NM, you'd probably need two people to actually kill it, our set up was Pld/nin + thf/nin. In an ideal situation you could have 3 people, melee + healer @ NM, and another melee @ south camp killing PHs.

    One thing Dew didn't mention earlier because we were a bit hazy on the details, is at times it seemed like the Southern Birds took forever to pop, and the Northern ones popped much quicker. This could suggest that one of the birds (possibly the only PH for NM) actually has the ability to spawn in the north camp OR the south camp, and could explain why someone mentioned they popped it without ever killing any southern PHs.

    For reference: Unsure on the respawn of southern birds, but Northern bird repops are every 5 minutes. There are exactly TWO northern birds, so if you see a 3rd in the E7-F7 area, that would seem to prove that one of the birds does indeed pop in both locations.

    Happy Hunting ^^

  3. #2003
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,543
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

    I think the southern birds share PH, but I havent done enough testing to prove it. It seemed to me that only the one at D-10 or the one down the cliff would be up at any given time, which would explain why it would appear that the southern birds have a longer repop.

  4. #2004
    CoP Dynamis
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    295
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Quick question, what is the normal respawn times for outside and dungeon mobs? Thought it was 5/12 minutes.

    At least for hazmat, the PH has taken over 20 minutes to respawn before, so not sure if there was typical variation in spawn time or what was up.

  5. #2005
    Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    13,268
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Quote Originally Posted by requim View Post
    Quick question, what is the normal respawn times for outside and dungeon mobs? Thought it was 5/12 minutes.

    At least for hazmat, the PH has taken over 20 minutes to respawn before, so not sure if there was typical variation in spawn time or what was up.
    5 and 16 if i recall, though some vary slightly.

  6. #2006
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,543
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

    been manaburning peistes near konschtat for about an hr and a half now, no pop on Suugar

    yeah, oh, fucking, kay. When I posted this, I got cocky and managed to link 3 peistes, which pwned me. As I'm laying here dead, praying a Sprite comes by, it pops in my face. I cant believe this. Yeah I know the wipe is unrelated, still funny. I know which the PH is though >.>

    Thread Leech
    Snipper
    Virulent Peiste <- PH
    Virulent Peiste
    Virulent Peiste
    Virulent Peiste
    Virulent Peiste
    Sugaar
    Virulent Peiste

  7. #2007
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    716
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Quote Originally Posted by chiyio View Post
    been manaburning peistes near konschtat for about an hr and a half now, no pop on Suugar

    yeah, oh, fucking, kay. When I posted this, I got cocky and managed to link 3 peistes, which pwned me. As I'm laying here dead, praying a Sprite comes by, it pops in my face. I cant believe this. Yeah I know the wipe is unrelated, still funny. I know which the PH is though >.>
    I'm going to be mighty pissed if it's a Taisaijin type mob you need to leave untouched for x days...

  8. #2008
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,543
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

    No, the PH I listed hasnt repopped yet. I dont expect to kill the mob, but I'll see what I can learn.

  9. #2009
    RIDE ARMOR
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    18
    BG Level
    1

    Anyone figure out anything solid on Erle? I been camping this bee for 3 days and i've killed every damn bee and goobbue in the zone and cant get this damn NM to pop. On top of that, I don't think anyone has killed it yet on my server cause i cant find its corpse ><

  10. #2010
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,543
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

    So far, heres what I know
    I'd estimate around 10-15k hp, nothing overly difficult as for as thf tanking goes. I wiped though cause my setup was thf/nin, rdm/blm, blm/rdm, and it uses Torpeifying Charge (paralyze), Grim Glower (gaze pet, but can be dealt with easily), and it has ensilence. Without the /whm, I was a sitting duck to ensilence and Charge. Hits pretty hard though, 300+ non crit. Noticed some triple attacks, had problems landing hits as well in evasion gear, estimate around 70-80% hit rate without food. It seems to alternate between Glower and Charge, but the short time I spent fighting it isnt enough to make a proper assessment.


    Ix'drg'ed it, 147 xp between 2 or 3 (I dont know if the other blm was in zone or not, killed as thf blm blm) with sigil. hey heyyyyy no drop.

  11. #2011
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,543
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

    This is a fucking joke? I spent 2 days trying to pop hoarberry's PH, and it never did. JP comes along today, and gets it to pop, and the NM.

  12. #2012
    Fake Numbers
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    78
    BG Level
    2

    Anyone know if Killer Jonny is a timed spawn or a lottery?

    I came out into Terrigan last night and he was up but a Rdm/nin and Smn duo killed him shortly after.

  13. #2013
    Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    13,268
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Quote Originally Posted by Lusaris View Post
    Anyone figure out anything solid on Erle? I been camping this bee for 3 days and i've killed every damn bee and goobbue in the zone and cant get this damn NM to pop. On top of that, I don't think anyone has killed it yet on my server cause i cant find its corpse ><
    I guess since i already got the dagger i can divulge the secrets.

    Lottery spawn from bees near the road at G-8/9, My friend knows the -exact- PH but i can't get ahold of him, but its in that area without a doubt. usually took us anywhere from 20 minutes to 2 hours to pop it.

    went 1/3, Casts Aero based spells incase you didn't know, Aeroga II, Tornado, and Aero III i think.

    Quote Originally Posted by chiyio View Post
    This is a fucking joke? I spent 2 days trying to pop hoarberry's PH, and it never did. JP comes along today, and gets it to pop, and the NM.
    JP Button, etc

  14. #2014
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,725
    BG Level
    6

    So basically, Picolaton is another Ungur in regards to the PH?

  15. #2015
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,597
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Gurubashi

    Quote Originally Posted by stewie View Post
    So basically, Picolaton is another Ungur in regards to the PH?
    Its looking that way, except this NM is in high demand for the time being... so >_>'

    Honestly though, I think going through all this trouble to get that body piece is worth it.

  16. #2016
    I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    17,539
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Despain View Post
    Its looking that way, except this NM is in high demand for the time being... so >_>'

    Honestly though, I think going through all this trouble to get that body piece is worth it.
    I don't see how. Pretty much useless at 75. By the time some people spend trying to get this, they could have gone from 61 to 75 in the same amount of time.

  17. #2017
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    8,032
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Odin

    IS this piece better then pee pee body or the one from SW?

  18. #2018
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    5,674
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by tenriotaru View Post
    Anyone know if Killer Jonny is a timed spawn or a lottery?

    I came out into Terrigan last night and he was up but a Rdm/nin and Smn duo killed him shortly after.
    I'm guessing lottery, I found it up randomly 4 times in the last 3 days, but it hasn't popped in the last 18 hours. If it's a timed spawn it has insane variation, but the only cockatrice that was down when it's been up hasn't repopped in the same 18 hours.. I'm assuming ph is a shared spawn with something else that I didn't think to check.

  19. #2019
    xXNyteFyreXx420Sharingan
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    3,709
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    Quote Originally Posted by Cream Soda View Post
    I don't see how. Pretty much useless at 75. By the time some people spend trying to get this, they could have gone from 61 to 75 in the same amount of time.
    You act like

    -everyone dings into Askar/Aurum, Homam, or Zahak's

    -they didn't use their ACP body for something else

    -everyone levels as fast as you



    I know a number of people who won't ever own any of the above except maybe Askar. Given the gear they'll have access to they're probably better off using this piece and getting their 6-hit elsewhere, especially since it makes for a better WS piece. I'm mostly camping it to help my friends out. If for some reason none of them can make it out to get the drop, I'll have a shiny new body I can run around in for kicks.

  20. #2020
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    716
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Quote Originally Posted by chiyio View Post
    So far, heres what I know
    I'd estimate around 10-15k hp, nothing overly difficult as for as thf tanking goes. I wiped though cause my setup was thf/nin, rdm/blm, blm/rdm, and it uses Torpeifying Charge (paralyze), Grim Glower (gaze pet, but can be dealt with easily), and it has ensilence. Without the /whm, I was a sitting duck to ensilence and Charge. Hits pretty hard though, 300+ non crit. Noticed some triple attacks, had problems landing hits as well in evasion gear, estimate around 70-80% hit rate without food. It seems to alternate between Glower and Charge, but the short time I spent fighting it isnt enough to make a proper assessment.


    Ix'drg'ed it, 147 xp between 2 or 3 (I dont know if the other blm was in zone or not, killed as thf blm blm) with sigil. hey heyyyyy no drop.
    Did I miss a post? lol
    You popped Sugaar? Do debuffs land ok? Is it just like a regualr Pieste but with more HP and hits a little harder? Or is it omgwtf harder by comparison?

Page 101 of 127 FirstFirst ... 51 91 99 100 101 102 103 111 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. New Augments 11/09/09
    By Tenjou in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 2009-11-10, 13:21
  2. new NM Kurrea
    By freewind in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 2005-07-30, 18:19
  3. f*cking FINALLY a patch preview news thing - new NMs/BFs
    By berticus in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 2005-06-22, 13:03
  4. New NMs and BCNMs added
    By rooster in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 2005-06-03, 08:52
  5. NEW NMS
    By rooster in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 2005-05-14, 14:14