Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
Page 40 of 127 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 90 ... LastLast
Results 781 to 800 of 2540

Thread: FFXI New NMs 11/9/09     submit to reddit submit to twitter

  1. #781
    New Merits
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    210
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

    Quote Originally Posted by Araius View Post
    Sengann supposedly drops Lineadach (given the description and what it's used for, that's probably the case), can't verify myself as I'm 0/3 on him. Lineadach is a cloth used in making Kyoshu Sitabaki - 55 MNK/SAM/NIN legs that give Kick Attacks +2.

    Goaftrap is the bane of my existance. 0/5 on him so far. He probably drops one of those new earrings that look to be crappier versions of the subjob-activated ones that have been around forever. Will updated if I ever get the damn thing to drop, seems to be a 1-2 hr respawn.

    Edit: 0/6 -.-
    ya sengann drops lineadach 2/2

  2. #782
    Sandworm Swallows
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    7,328
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Yinnyth View Post
    We were desperately trying ideas on how to counter Galka's absorb damage. At one point, we had all the DD run away and find some Yagudo to get TP on. As soon as all the DD arrived at the Yagudo I pulled, Galka depopped (with the standard depop message). Wasn't even a 20 minute fight for us because the bombs we killed before pulling him hadn't repopped.

    My best guess is that either his hate target was so far away that he refused to draw-in, or more likely we had healed him so much via his absorb, he just said "k, screw you guys I'm out."

    If what you're asking is whether or not he's back up, eh, I'm not sure.
    I am just speculating, but it could be something like this: The mob had hate on one of the DD's, that DD was moved to the top of the hate list because your tank lost hate from damage or death or whatever, it then wanted to go after the DD, but it was out of range. Without a target in range it lost hate, and without hate for that moment it despawned. A normal mob would just go after the DD or it would just stand there unclaimed, this one just has different behavior after going unclaimed.

  3. #783
    Tekki's Bitch
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    9,049
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by ringthree View Post
    I am just speculating, but it could be something like this: The mob had hate on one of the DD's, that DD was moved to the top of the hate list because your tank lost hate from damage or death or whatever, it then wanted to go after the DD, but it was out of range. Without a target in range it lost hate, and without hate for that moment it despawned. A normal mob would just go after the DD or it would just stand there unclaimed, this one just has different behavior after going unclaimed.
    It would just do aoe draw in.

  4. #784
    New Spam Forum
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    188
    BG Level
    3

    So what did Scylla drop for you guys?

    Edit: Nvm, saw your screenshot of drops now.

    Edit2: What advice do you have for fighting Scylla? /
    - Whats needed to kill it? Is a full alliance nessecary etc.?

  5. #785
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    6,514
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

    Stop fucking using Photobucket god damnit.

  6. #786
    I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    21,267
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    I am actually really happy with the NM update. I thought they were gonna just be lame FOV type poppable NMs. Instead it gives us a SHITTON of stuff to test/try/find which updates in the past have been missing. Kind of gives that old feeling on exploring I had when I first started and then finding a cool random mob up

  7. #787
    Hydra
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    134
    BG Level
    3

    Quote Originally Posted by thetruepandagod View Post
    it's not a difficult fight not sure why u had to have people try to go get tp, just be on ur melee's asses and make sure everyone is paying attention. DD after spell and after ws, make sure ur melee are watching when pld flashes because it will cause the bliz4 and melee will heal it, also a cool thing that helped us speed it up a little is that when it BW's it wont cast or ws obviously so u get a decent chunk of time for melee to attack it.
    We had a party of blms there which were nice for Elvaan, but ended up being counter-productive for Galka ._.

  8. #788
    Tekki's Bitch
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    9,049
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Yinnyth View Post
    We had a party of blms there which were nice for Elvaan, but ended up being counter-productive for Galka ._.
    Yea blm pretty useless ;\ sam is easily the best for it even rng is kinda bad on it

  9. #789
    Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    17,291
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Araius View Post
    Try 0/7 Goaftrap, 0/5 Sengann And that seems to be pretty par for the course. At least I have an excuse to get my fomor hate up now for my Swift Belt...

    Wait I lied, I got a dark crystal from Sengann this time :D

    Those shiny weapons are crazy hot to look at, but I'm not even going to start farming the stuff until I know for sure how much of a timesink it'll be to get those.
    0/3 on Goaftrap now. Think I got another chance before my SP gets ready for ASA.

  10. #790
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    18,369
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirschy View Post
    It happend to us too. Sath deduced it was because it couldn't target someone with hate or something? I forget. Yinnyth probably remembers~
    What happened to us was what happened when people fight KB. I.E. 2 players kite KB a PLD and a BLM:

    PLD runs KB -> this way
    BLM nukes from over here and then runs <- that way
    PLD doesn't notice and get's to log/tree
    BLM runs over to opposite corner and dies

    KB then immediately yellows due to it's next hate target being over a certain distance away (usually 50')

    That's what happened to us as melee ran down the hall to TP off yagudos.

    Hope that makes sense.

  11. #791
    Tekki's Bitch
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    9,049
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post
    What happened to us was what happened when people fight KB. I.E. 2 players kite KB a PLD and a BLM:

    PLD runs KB -> this way
    BLM nukes from over here and then runs <- that way
    PLD doesn't notice and get's to log/tree
    BLM runs over to opposite corner and dies

    KB then immediately yellows due to it's next hate target being over a certain distance away (usually 50')

    That's what happened to us as melee ran down the hall to TP off yagudos.

    Hope that makes sense.
    That is really wierd because for us if anyone wasn't basically right inside of the 4 hallways near him and pulled hate he would draw the entire ally in

  12. #792
    So hard we fuck rocks
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    3,043
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    I am actually really happy with the NM update. I thought they were gonna just be lame FOV type poppable NMs. Instead it gives us a SHITTON of stuff to test/try/find which updates in the past have been missing. Kind of gives that old feeling on exploring I had when I first started and then finding a cool random mob up
    This ^^

    Also, last night as i was attending a wedding in sand'oria (it was so fucking epic) i used an altepa ring to outpost back there. I went to check on Centruio XII, as i do not have my intruder's yet, and as i was making my loop around the L, I saw the new cactuar mob, sabotendor carrido, or something

    wanders around just to the South east of the L where Centrio XII spawned. Monk type mob or high double atk rate, En-slow on connect.
    Killed me as pld/dnc, came back after wedding it was still up, and killed with war, TH3, and myself. no drop.

  13. #793
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    18,369
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    Quote Originally Posted by thetruepandagod View Post
    That is really wierd because for us if anyone wasn't basically right inside of the 4 hallways near him and pulled hate he would draw the entire ally in

    We experienced the same thing but having seen it happen and taken advantage of the event countless times in BD and other places where people kite NMs I recognized it immediately.

    What sealed it for me is that PLD disengaged mid-fight while we tried to convey to people not on skype to stop healing it and it went yellow with no reprecussions and only depopped when under the very specific and identical circumstances that I've personally exploited on KB.

    There could be another explanation but I can't even begin to imagine what it would be. This is what makes the most logical sense imo.

  14. #794
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    3,250
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Rokku Swarfjaryn
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

    Quote Originally Posted by Pirian View Post
    Taru was increadibly easy, only leveled once though
    http://i793.photobucket.com/albums/y...111_144058.png

    Elvaan leveled 7 times. After 2h animation it had endoom for the next 2-4 melee hits and hate was pretty random
    http://i793.photobucket.com/albums/y...111_153351.png


    Scylla was a lot more fun. Seemed to have auto-tp. Got a lot tougher at lower hp, had an attack that put limited hp to about 40% of maximum. Gave title Scylla Skinner lol
    http://i793.photobucket.com/albums/y...111_145832.png
    I can't even recognize half the names in your alliance anymore Pirian. So many new people in the endgame scene on Caitsith. Grats on the kills though.

  15. #795
    Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    58,155
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

    whats goaf drop? i keep seeing people talkin about it, but too lazy to search back to what it drops

  16. #796
    Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    13,272
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Quote Originally Posted by CailIfrit View Post
    whats goaf drop? i keep seeing people talkin about it, but too lazy to search back to what it drops
    None of us have gotten drop yet ^^

  17. #797
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    346
    BG Level
    4
    FFXIV Character
    Onyxium Asurai
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    Quote Originally Posted by CailIfrit View Post
    whats goaf drop? i keep seeing people talkin about it, but too lazy to search back to what it drops
    Goaf is too lazy to tell us what it drops. According to a post on ffxiah, it drops one of the 2 earrings that give the +8 AGI set bonus. Which would be pretty damn baller for my COR if I could ever confirm it.

  18. #798
    New Spam Forum
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    164
    BG Level
    3
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

    Can someone resume the pops of all of the fomors please o.0 i ve been trying to find tarutaru and no luck so far ><.

  19. #799
    Campaign
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    6,547
    BG Level
    8

  20. #800
    Tekki's Bitch
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    9,049
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Pirian View Post
    Hate u guys... ours is still no show gratz on the nice gloves though

Page 40 of 127 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 90 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. New Augments 11/09/09
    By Tenjou in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 2009-11-10, 13:21
  2. new NM Kurrea
    By freewind in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 2005-07-30, 18:19
  3. f*cking FINALLY a patch preview news thing - new NMs/BFs
    By berticus in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 2005-06-22, 13:03
  4. New NMs and BCNMs added
    By rooster in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 2005-06-03, 08:52
  5. NEW NMS
    By rooster in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 2005-05-14, 14:14