+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Daeva Armor+Weapon quest     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Daeva Armor+Weapon quest

so i'm working on 5/5 right now with a friend of mine and we were wondering: what does the weapon quest entail? in terms of costs, difficulty, etc.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patty Fleur
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Burning Blade

From comments on armory
    Once you have the full set (you'll first notice a few hidden stat bonuses being unlocked!) you can flag this quest and start grinding in the western desert. The drop rate for me was about 1/3 to 1/4 so be prepared to stay there for a long time. Once you get all 150 Ancient Energy, you get to turn them in and are told to kill more stuff. You then have to go to the abyss and kill 30 lava hoverstones, 30 strange water spirits, and 30 deranged residents. After that, head back (make sure you have full DP) and buy the 1mil divine incense then turn all that in and pick your weapon. (Note: it's the same 60k stone to change a weapon into another weapon).

Quote Originally Posted by Noobta View Post
    From comments on armory
    1m essence. :/

Also, is the speed+12% hidden bonus for 5/5, or 5/5+weapon?

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

i have also decided to get full daeva armor and i hope i dont get burnt the fuk out by the time i get it lol. im determined to get it after getting my ass handed to me by someone in full daeva armor that was several lvls lower than me. so far i have 1 peice and 4 other toons at 15 atm. you also get a shield to go with the weapon as well. i heard this armor can last till around 45-50, is this correct?

pretty sure the speed bonus is for completing 5/5 and doesnt matter if u get the weapon or not.

40 is probably a little more accurate.

45-50 would be only if you +10'd every piece which is retarded.

At 37 and considering changing out of it soon. (sorc)

Speed+12% is from just equipping the full armor set, no weapon.

+10ing the weapon will last you 'till around 37-40 at best. It's basically a normal blue 35.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Genosync View Post
    40 is probably a little more accurate.

45-50 would be only if you +10'd every piece which is retarded.

At 37 and considering changing out of it soon. (sorc)

Speed+12% is from just equipping the full armor set, no weapon.

+10ing the weapon will last you 'till around 37-40 at best. It's basically a normal blue 35.

damn u make it sound like its not even worth it, or is it? i was hoping it might last a lil bit longer than 40.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

It's not worth it, at all.

total and complete waste of time

unless you're leveling sin and ranger, and then the physical crit+++ is retarded and insane.

set bonus for that is like +70 or +80 or something. that's the only thing that's worth it.

I'd Rather Be in Zi'Tah
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaelie Niie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

The key thing is that the set bonus speed bonus is only 12%. At 38 you can start working on your faction's turn in quest +20% boots. Making this set worthless to get other than for epeen reasons.

The shield looks awesome, but otherwise the weapon is just not worth it. Its +attack speed makes it better than Hannet's, but number's wise its inferior to everything else even at 35.

That being said, some classes can get away with using most of the set fairly deep into the game. You will however, see upgrades to this armor by 37.

I won't bother then, just gunna concentrate on the one character.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Fallyn View Post
    I won't bother then, just gunna concentrate on the one character.
    yeah same here, wtf was i thinking?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

its for rng, and i just wanted an attack speed bow without having to grind 220k ap :< or getting lucky in an instance or paying a fuckton of kinah for that broker one