Page 119 of 213 FirstFirst ... 69 109 117 118 119 120 121 129 169 ... LastLast
Results 2361 to 2380 of 4260
  1. #2361
    Yarglebargle
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    3,304
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    Too late for me to say he was being a cunt instead of a dick? D:

  2. #2362
    Onto plan B...
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    913
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Quote Originally Posted by Kuishen View Post
    Too late for me to say he was being a cunt instead of a dick? D:
    We're in too deep now.

  3. #2363
    Yarglebargle
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    3,304
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    Quote Originally Posted by Fairy-Killer View Post
    We're in too deep now.
    Well that seems a bit premature.

  4. #2364
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    12,850
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    That's no Facebook or w/e for these kinds of chains~

  5. #2365
    Yarglebargle
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    3,304
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    That's no Facebook or w/e for these kinds of chains~
    lol I'm finished now anyways.

    ok really that was the last one, sorry.

  6. #2366
    Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    6,236
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

    His friend is banned so let's drop it and get back on topic.

  7. #2367
    Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    6,236
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

    Bam 30/50 Hall of monuments. GW2 can officially come tomorrow now!

  8. #2368
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    584
    BG Level
    5

    Found a trait tool for people that want to mess around with builds.

    http://www.gw2tools.com/

  9. #2369
    Onto plan B...
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    913
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    That trait tool is really cool. I don't wanna play with it too much as I want some things to still be a surprise... However, I'm going to look at all of it as soon as I start anyways...

  10. #2370
    Chram
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,683
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Vrumpt Vegallion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    Finally got around to reading that trait article. Really happy with the changes; 4 stats had good intentions but there were too few stats to make them interesting.

    My only concern is how class specific stats will display on gear.

  11. #2371
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,775
    BG Level
    6

    The new traits article actually has me a tad worried. Intellectually I know it's good for them to add some complexity to it and let folks tweak more stuff, but my gut reaction to it was "Oh no, more things I have to think about". While the goal of making it so everyone can tweak their build to fit their playstyle or whatever is commendable, I see this ultimately playing out so that there are a number of acceptable builds, but ultimately anything that deviates from those will be scorned. Choosing to play with an off the wall build that you enjoy but is mathematically inferior doesn't tend to fly in MMOs, so I'm wondering how they're going to manage to avoid that.

    More than anything though, that article just made me want to kick myself for trying to start min/maxing before I've even had a chance to create a character.

  12. #2372
    Yarglebargle
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    3,304
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    Quote Originally Posted by GoggleHead View Post
    The new traits article actually has me a tad worried. Intellectually I know it's good for them to add some complexity to it and let folks tweak more stuff, but my gut reaction to it was "Oh no, more things I have to think about". While the goal of making it so everyone can tweak their build to fit their playstyle or whatever is commendable, I see this ultimately playing out so that there are a number of acceptable builds, but ultimately anything that deviates from those will be scorned. Choosing to play with an off the wall build that you enjoy but is mathematically inferior doesn't tend to fly in MMOs, so I'm wondering how they're going to manage to avoid that.

    More than anything though, that article just made me want to kick myself for trying to start min/maxing before I've even had a chance to create a character.
    Here's how you avoid that: Don't play with stupid cunts.

  13. #2373
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    584
    BG Level
    5

    Quote Originally Posted by GoggleHead View Post
    The new traits article actually has me a tad worried. Intellectually I know it's good for them to add some complexity to it and let folks tweak more stuff, but my gut reaction to it was "Oh no, more things I have to think about". While the goal of making it so everyone can tweak their build to fit their playstyle or whatever is commendable, I see this ultimately playing out so that there are a number of acceptable builds, but ultimately anything that deviates from those will be scorned. Choosing to play with an off the wall build that you enjoy but is mathematically inferior doesn't tend to fly in MMOs, so I'm wondering how they're going to manage to avoid that.

    More than anything though, that article just made me want to kick myself for trying to start min/maxing before I've even had a chance to create a character.
    Well just looking at some of the traits a lot of them look to be situational. Like "gain Might under 25% health" or something along those lines. And the others really seem to come down to your preferred play style. Since all classes are said to be effective with all weapon sets, you would obviously want to trait to make those weapons stronger or have lower cd on skills.

    Other things are like if you plan to play highly mobile and dodging constantly, you can trait to have additional effects after a dodge like a Thief dropping caltrops or trait for increased endurance regeneration. Now you might be thinking, well that's stupid, who wouldn't want to dodge constantly whenever they can? But there's actually traits that give you increased damage or other benefits when you're at full endurance, so somebody might just spec for movement speed and use the skills that are more mobile while not using dodge very much to have the increased damage or whatever other benefit. I think like Arenanet said, it's going to come down to picking a build that you're most comfortable with and excelling at that build.

  14. #2374
    Sandworm Swallows
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    7,107
    BG Level
    8

    lol so I was playing with the traits tool

    http://www.gw2tools.com/#t-t-apkak:aaa.XUc.ZXa.aaa.cZa

    Freaking crazy.

  15. #2375
    Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    6,236
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

    Quote Originally Posted by Kuishen View Post
    Here's how you avoid that: Don't play with stupid cunts.
    Main reason I'm making my own guild.

  16. #2376
    Yarglebargle
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    3,304
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    Quote Originally Posted by Eanae View Post
    Main reason I'm making my own guild.
    Speaking of which, you're missing Ranger and Elementalist in the drop down menu for the BG application. Kinda holding off on making an app because I'm still on the fence of what job I'm going to play.

  17. #2377
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    584
    BG Level
    5

    Skill builder updated with new skills and traits: http://gw2.luna-atra.fr/skills_tool/?lang=en&code

  18. #2378
    Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    6,236
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

    Quote Originally Posted by Kuishen View Post
    Speaking of which, you're missing Ranger and Elementalist in the drop down menu for the BG application. Kinda holding off on making an app because I'm still on the fence of what job I'm going to play.
    Whoops. Fixed.

  19. #2379
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    10,421
    BG Level
    9

    What's the link to the guild ap?

  20. #2380
    Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    6,236
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Page 119 of 213 FirstFirst ... 69 109 117 118 119 120 121 129 169 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Guild Wars 2 : Random Question Thread
    By vrumpt in forum MMORPGs
    Replies: 1072
    Last Post: 2015-12-15, 23:29
  2. Guild Wars 1: Gotta HoM em' all
    By Eanae in forum MMORPGs
    Replies: 181
    Last Post: 2013-02-20, 23:04
  3. Guild Wars
    By Insanecyclone in forum MMORPGs
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 2007-10-22, 20:34