Ah yeah? Well pre-ordering is still nice. When's it come out again? Haven't tracked it nearly as much as I should have. :<
Ah yeah? Well pre-ordering is still nice. When's it come out again? Haven't tracked it nearly as much as I should have. :<
Tuesday
Ah. May pre-order this weekend though because technically.. free Robin is better than having to pay for it.
Batman online pass unlocks Catwoman
Hooray for anti-consumer DRM!By Wesley Yin-Poole
13/10/2011 @ 15:34
UPDATE: Warner Bros. has confirmed to Eurogamer that the Batman: Arkham City VIP pass unlocks playable Catwoman content.
On Xbox 360 the Batman VIP pass costs 800 Microsoft Points. On PlayStation 3 it costs £7.99.
Warner issued Eurogamer the following statement: "Further to your story, players who purchase previously owned copies of Batman: Arkham City can access the playable Catwoman content for £7.99/ 800 Microsoft Points.
"Playing as Catwoman is not required to complete the game."
ORIGINAL STORY: The Batman: Arkham City online pass unlocks Catwoman as a playable character, it has been revealed.
Streams of the game being played reveal that Catwoman is only playable for those who have bought a new copy of the game or buy a code.
"Catwoman is a unique character with her own story, moves, and weapons. Unlock Catwoman by redeeming the 1st purchaser included in the game case or by visiting Xbox Live Marketplace," says the game's title screen.
Eurogamer has had this verified by a source.
Batman: Arkham City's VIP pass unlocks four story scenes that feature Catwoman as a playable character.
It also unlocks Catwoman as a playable character in challenge mode (called Riddler's Revenge).
Without the VIP pass code, Catwoman still appears in the game as part of the story, but her playable missions remain locked.
Meanwhile, reports indicate the Xbox 360 version has been leaked online and is available to download from torrent sites.
Those who wish to avoid story spoilers are advised to watch new gameplay videos with caution.
Eurogamer has contacted publisher Warner Bros. for comment.
I dont mind online passes tbh. I.buy all my games new anyway
Does amazon get anything as a pre-order bonus aside the $10 gift card?
That sucks. I have $20 amazon credit from my Dark souls purchase that I need to use by the end of this month so I sorta have to use it on this.
Gametrailers review is up:
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/re...-arkham/722268
Looks amazinggggg
http://kotaku.com/5849828/dont-fret-...ity-purchasers
wutThe Batman: Arkham City new copy-only Catwoman content issue won't be affecting used sales at GameStop, as an internal memo reveals that customers purchasing the game preowned will score a Catwoman code as well.
Sent to us by an anonymous tipster and since verified with GameStop retail locations, used copies of Batman: Arkham City will feature a code to download the full Catwoman content pack printed on the customer's receipt. Normally this code would only be available in a new copy of the game, with second-hand owners forced to purchase the content as a $10 download.
GameStop and Warner Bros. had a similar deal in place for Mortal Kombat, allowing the retailer to print out online passes with used copies so customers would avoid the additional purchase.
I didn't play the first, should I go straight ahead and pick this up? If so, from where?
I still have 4ish games on my todo list. Metro2033, Deadspace1/2, The witcher1. Friend has been playing the shit out of assissins creed and telling me to get that as well.
You should go out and buy the 1st and play it over the weekend..i would say you could play this standalone even though i guess it continues from the story in the 1st one...but the 1st is such a great game.. and is cheap now to.
20$ on steam, amazon wins yet another battle.
If you guys had the choice would you get this game today and forgo all the extras or should just wait til Tuesday and pick it up from bestbuy/gamestop/ etc ?
Seems I've mastered the art of the gamefly gameQ. Keep one spot open for new releases and it's guaranteed to ship. Who else is ready?!