Page 40 of 78 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 ... LastLast
Results 781 to 800 of 1551

Thread: NFL Week 15: R.I.P. Slim     submit to reddit submit to twitter

  1. #781
    Death by snoo snoo
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    22,117
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

    There's a reason he went undrafted.

  2. #782
    The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    29,765
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

    Here's a few shots from the game. I took a shit ton of pictures, but I only had a 55mm zoom and all handheld, so there was few shots that came out well.

  3. #783
    Death by snoo snoo
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    22,117
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

    VY doin' work.

  4. #784
    The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    29,765
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

    I think that's my favorite shot. I had one of Ricky taking a snap out of the wildcat, but at full crop it wasn't sharp at all. I'm pretty pissed I missed that shot.

  5. #785
    Sponsored by Orton
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    4,517
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    Quote Originally Posted by Rem View Post
    Wasn't he bad in September? Maybe you guys got the inverted Romo this year.
    It looks that way. Here are the month by month breakdowns:

    September


    51/89 (57.3%), 735 yards, 4 TD, 3 INT, 85.2 QB rating

    October

    66/105 (62.9%), 917 yards, 5 TD, 1 INT, 102.8 QB rating

    November

    99/165 (60.0%), 1,281 yards, 8 TD, 3 INT, 93.0 QB rating

    December

    82/119 (68.9%), 953 yards, 6 TD, 0 INT, 109.7 QB rating

    So yep, total inverted Romo, his best numbers have been in December. I'll gladly take that change.

  6. #786
    Pandemonium
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    7,839
    BG Level
    8
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

    Once a player gets a negative stigma, it ain't going away until he wins a Super Bowl. Hell, Marino is probably is a top 10 or 5 greatest quarterbacks of all time and people still knock him for never winning a championship.

  7. #787
    Been Here Longer Than you
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    35,826
    BG Level
    10

    Oh man, did VY do some major work on that weak D...

  8. #788
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    3,444
    BG Level
    7

    You been watching Trent Dilfer too much. I don't disagree but you like copied him word for word--by the way, noone is giving him any flac.
    I'm at work so haven't watched any Dilfer recently but that's cool if he said something similar. I didn't say people were giving him flac, but people were saying "Here comes December, get ready for Romo to lose it for them blah blah" even though he only has 7 interceptions the entire year and hasn't really played a bad game since the Giants in Week 2.

    I think Romo changed during the offseason, and that play where Barber was supposed to run and was just spacing out and Romo decided to run it for 9 yards and first down instead of what he usually would of done exemplifies it.

    edit - my dream scenario is Vinateri getting healthy and Colts releasing Matt Stover in time for Sunday, and them benching Roy Williams for Ogletree (or atleast Hurd). Williams had almost as bad a game as Folk.

  9. #789
    If I screw up again Im gone forever.
    Secret Admin

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,540
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Quote Originally Posted by Man0warr View Post
    edit - my dream scenario is Vinateri getting healthy and Colts releasing Matt Stover in time for Sunday, and them benching Roy Williams for Ogletree (or atleast Hurd). Williams had almost as bad a game as Folk.
    Yeah, that would be awesome, but our coaches dunno wtf is up. Ogletree has been making the most of his limited touches. I cannot say enough how awesome that catch was. The only person on our team that I've seen make that type of catch has been Crayton and T.O.

    Edit: Catch around 2:10
    http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-h...omo-highlights

  10. #790
    The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    29,765
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

    So I'm watching the Miami game on TV now, and all I have to say is that Kyle Vandenbosch is a dirty piece of fucking trash.

  11. #791
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    3,580
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

    Quote Originally Posted by Silentleroy View Post
    Didn't Peyton have 3 ints 2 weeks ago. Not tryin' to sound homer of course but just going off stats.
    Funny thing is most of his picks are on 4th downs. He's basically moonlighting as a punter.

  12. #792
    Campaign
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    6,576
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Odin

    Quote Originally Posted by Man0warr View Post
    I didn't say people were giving him flac, but people were saying "Here comes December, get ready for Romo to lose it for them blah blah" even though he only has 7 interceptions the entire year and hasn't really played a bad game since the Giants in Week 2.
    Are we watching the same Romo?! Hasn't had a bad game since Week 2... How about Week 4 against Denver, Week 9 against Philly, Week 10 against Green Bay, and Week 11 against Washington.

  13. #793
    Been Here Longer Than you
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    35,826
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyche View Post
    So I'm watching the Miami game on TV now, and all I have to say is that Kyle Vandenbosch is a dirty piece of fucking trash.
    God, I love KVB <3

    Joey Porter only wishes he could be KVB! (At this point, Joey Porter wishes he could be just about any other decent player as well)

  14. #794
    Campaign
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    6,576
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Odin

    Quote Originally Posted by Silentleroy View Post
    Didn't Peyton have 3 ints 2 weeks ago. Not tryin' to sound homer of course but just going off stats.
    Yea, you're right. Guess I was blinded by the 4 wins by the Colts and 2 wins/2 losses by the 'Boys.

    Last 4 games:

    Tony Romo:
    100/148 = 67.6% Completion
    1260 Yards
    8 TDs
    0 INTs
    112.3 Passer Rating

    Peyton Manning:
    94/144 = 65.3% Completion
    1042 yards
    12 TDs
    6 INTs
    99.0 Passer Rating

  15. #795
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    3,444
    BG Level
    7

    I meant he hasn't lost them any games since Week 2, some of those games you mentioned he was the reason they won (plus Miles Austin).

    I'm just glad he has learned to take a sack rather than throw a pick 6.

  16. #796
    Been Here Longer Than you
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    35,826
    BG Level
    10

    Romo is solid, but no one can be compared to the greatest QB ever to play.

    (OK, Marino, Starr, Staubach, Unitas, Vince Young, and Tarkenton can be compared....but fall short of the brilliance)

  17. #797
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    3,444
    BG Level
    7

    You're right, Roger Staubach was awesome.

  18. #798
    Campaign
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    6,576
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Odin

    Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    Romo is solid, but no one can be compared to the greatest QB ever to play.

    (OK, Marino, Starr, Staubach, Unitas, Steve/Vince Young, Montana and Tarkenton can be compared....but fall short of the brilliance)
    ftfy

  19. #799
    Been Here Longer Than you
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    35,826
    BG Level
    10

    Montana sure, but I think Young falls short of the others.

  20. #800
    If I screw up again Im gone forever.
    Secret Admin

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,540
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Quote Originally Posted by Valisk View Post
    Yea, you're right. Guess I was blinded by the 4 wins by the Colts and 2 wins/2 losses by the 'Boys.

    Last 4 games:

    Tony Romo:
    100/148 = 67.6% Completion
    1260 Yards
    8 TDs
    0 INTs
    112.3 Passer Rating

    Peyton Manning:
    94/144 = 65.3% Completion
    1042 yards
    12 TDs
    4 INTs
    99.0 Passer Rating
    You miscounted/mistyped, Peyton has 6 Int.

Page 40 of 78 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1655
    Last Post: 2011-12-22, 13:57
  2. Replies: 1875
    Last Post: 2011-09-21, 20:37
  3. Replies: 1220
    Last Post: 2010-12-23, 12:44
  4. NFL week 15 - The week of the wildcard
    By Tyche in forum Sports
    Replies: 518
    Last Post: 2008-12-16, 19:51
  5. Replies: 186
    Last Post: 2007-12-19, 11:56
  6. NFL Week 2 Picks
    By Daahan in forum Sports
    Replies: 134
    Last Post: 2007-09-19, 16:42
  7. NFL Week 1 Picks
    By Daahan in forum Sports
    Replies: 90
    Last Post: 2007-09-13, 13:42